Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giants v Rhinos chat

Go down 
+12
Shogun
adelaide-giant.no9
Durham Giant
penninegiant
reidy
FLYINGPROP
washy
ponner
matt01
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
BO JANGLES
Gem Bob
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:14 pm

I got a text at half time from my "leedsrhino " fan mate and when I replied a very biased ref he didn't reply! It seems he agreed with me! I put the speech marks as he's a fair weather RL fan who goes to the Leeds finals and nothing else!
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:32 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
ponner wrote:
I'm more frustrared about the forward passes that were allowed for Leeds yet we were pulled up for it when we threw one that would have been a try. The score flattered Leeds in a big way in my opnion.

You must have been at a different game to me , I thought he pulled Leeds at least 3 or 4 times times for forwrds, while i can only remember the one for us, No doubt we both got away with some, But the ref didnt keep knocking the ball out of our hands, or stop us tackling, That was a very poor performance that can't be blamed on the ref or anybody else, Next week is another game and chance to put it all right, Warrington have a terrible defence so we have every chance to put this behind us and get back on track.

He may have pulled them for 3 or 4 forward passes. But not the blatant one that was 3 metres forward and mainly when the game was gone as a contest.
On watching the video Hodgsons try should have stood no fwd pass IMO. I rewound it twice and it looked ok.
A couple of times when we were a metre from the Leeds line the ball was stripped, we should have had penalties but not given.
Also Kev Brown`s pass was going back but it was the Leeds player that knocked it forward, that try was chalked off.
Leeds did deserve the win but I don`t think the score was a fair reflection. Leeds had the bounce of the ball plus plenty of 50-50 decisions and a bit of luck.
Thought Leeds defence was top class tonight but I thought ours was quite good as well. They only scored 1 try from our half, others came from gifted field position and not always the right call.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:38 pm

It is interesting when the neutrals say Silverwood had a poor game. But I agree the Giants didn't rise above it and Leeds did subsequently deserve their win!
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:02 am

The only thing constructive thing that the team can focus and improve on in training is their own game, we cannot control how the refs will perform. So really what we think of Silverwood, Thaler, Ganson, Alibert or any other official is ultimately a waste of time and energy....it is out of our control. The forwards did a fair job today, Crabtree and Jackson worked so hard and Mason put in a reasonable shift too, but defending our own try line we always looked vulnerable and the majority of tries we conceded tonight were really soft and should never have happened and given our recent defensive efforts were totally out of character and I'm sure Nathan will have them working damn hard to ensure it doesn't happen again.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:10 am

we were bound to have a bad game at some point, tonight was our bad game .. time to move on
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:50 am

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
we were bound to have a bad game at some point, tonight was our bad game .. time to move on

Fair point, well made. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 7:25 am

Having just rewatched the game.

I stand by muy comments. We were rubbish.

Durham Giant - How can you come and say we lost because Leeds were that good when we almost every time we got near the line we knocked on? We were error riddled and amateurish.

Leeds were nothing special.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 9:37 am

Cmon fans - settle down - cut the in fighting
Have a nice day!!

Get real -rugby league is SPORT
Its not predictable -or thered be bankrupt bookies!! Wink Very Happy

Last week - bad day at the office -at home - LEEDS
Ditto Ftiday ---Bulls
Ditto Sarurday --US

Next week --someone else -Id bet on Celtic!!

and life goes on..........................and so will the sniping/ gloating and arguing
Like I say -- Enjoy - Ive better thinfs to do with my Sunday! Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:16 am

The ref made some strange calls, but on the whole did ok. He certainly wasn't biased. I agree with others about the one on Wild during the high kick. How many times do you see far worse than that during the game. In fact Hodgson was also blocked for one of our kicks and Maguire was blocked later in the game too. Both occasions, the result was play on, as it nearly always is. Wild was just unfortunate.

We lost because our attack was not good enough, too much dropped ball and too much inside passing. Our defence was good for most of the game, but we switched off just before half time and wasn't switched on at the beginning of the second half.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 3:38 pm

matt01 wrote:
The ref made some strange calls, but on the whole did ok. He certainly wasn't biased. I agree with others about the one on Wild during the high kick. How many times do you see far worse than that during the game. In fact Hodgson was also blocked for one of our kicks and Maguire was blocked later in the game too. Both occasions, the result was play on, as it nearly always is. Wild was just unfortunate.

We lost because our attack was not good enough, too much dropped ball and too much inside passing. Our defence was good for most of the game, but we switched off just before half time and wasn't switched on at the beginning of the second half.

Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Interesting to see Brown question players attitudes regarding self belief. You would have thought confidence and self belief would never have been so high.

link
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 3:57 pm

One disappointemnt for me was NB's use of Faiumu off the bench. Very little game time and used at dummy half very little, mostly being first/second receiver. All he did was a stuttering "sidestep" run and easily put to ground by Leeds. No effort to find the gap and offload.
After the reports from last weeks game I expected more.

Personally I would have preferred Lunt to spell Moore.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 5:25 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
Having just rewatched the game.

I stand by muy comments. We were rubbish.

Durham Giant - How can you come and say we lost because Leeds were that good when we almost every time we got near the line we knocked on? We were error riddled and amateurish.

Leeds were nothing special.

But it is usually good defence that causes teams to make mistakes and thats what Leeds did last night. They defended very well.

It was very different to the Hull game where we made un enforced errors and were rubbish ie just droppinbg the ball when the defenders were 10 metres away.. Yesterday lots of the mistakes where going into tackles because of Leeds' rush defence. That is the diference
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 9:01 pm

JudgeB wrote:
One disappointemnt for me was NB's use of Faiumu off the bench. Very little game time and used at dummy half very little, mostly being first/second receiver. All he did was a stuttering "sidestep" run and easily put to ground by Leeds. No effort to find the gap and offload.

Just to pick up on the Faiumu comment, still not seen anything from him to suggest he is someone we should fight tooth and nail to keep hold of? I prefer Moore myself and Lunt has done ok for us.

When Faiumu came on against Leeds seemed to be used as a Second Row and he hasn't got the size or power for that, has side step on him but doesn't power forward before stepping just stuttering runs?

Jury still out for me Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 21033 Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 21033 Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 21033
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:32 pm

JudgeB wrote:

agree,he was great at hull kr,imo he should have started at hooker after the hull kr game.
lets face it that was the worst game moore has had for us,from memory he only took on the leeds line once scratch
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:23 pm

Completely agree. Moore simply passed. Faiumu is a hooker, full stop and needs to play there.
Back to top Go down
Helen
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 7:09 pm

I personally rate Faiumu, but not in the 2nd row, as hooker. Everytime he's played there I think he's been 10x better. I also feel that he hasn't reached his best yet, remember how long it took DeVere and there was someone else I was thinking of but can't quite remember who(!) for people to see him at his best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Giants v Rhinos chat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2