Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Round 1 Complete - what have we learned

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Round 1 Complete - what have we learned Empty
PostSubject: Round 1 Complete - what have we learned   Round 1 Complete - what have we learned EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 9:08 am

Difficult to read anything into just one round of matches, but in that round ourselves, Saints and Leeds look likely contenders. Cannot read too much into Wigan loosing to ourselves, they did lose to a fine side and will get better.

Warrington were in truth well beaten by Saints, I was unsure just how good Saints played as Wire were pretty poor. Tony Smith needs a rapid turn around there if Wire are to contend, as for Saints, you can only beat the team in front of you and they did that comfortably. I watched the Hull Catalans match on Sky and though both sides showed some attacking promise I felt they were miles off the standard set by ourselves, Saints and even Wigan in their loss to us.

Of the rest, Wakey seem to be claiming some sort of moral victory over Salford, would rather have the two points myself, but it seems both sides happy with the start made. Cas and Widnes will also have springs in their steps this morning.

That leaves London and Bradford. A disaster of a start for both, London appear to have little chance of survival, but appear to be building a strategy of being strong in the middle 8 next season. As for Bradford, with a likely points deduction to come things look very difficult. How the mighty have fallen, but could be good news for the Giants as I can foresee a few of the bandwagon fans switching allegiences if we remain a contender. All successful teams have bandwaggoners, as iritating as they are, it is a sign of success and I am sure Messrs Davy and Thewlis will be only too happy accept their brass.
Back to top Go down
luisnorthsquash
luisnorthsquash

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Complete - what have we learned   Round 1 Complete - what have we learned EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 10:35 pm

I can see Widnes shocking a few this year. Salford will perk up once they start gelling a bit... Luke Walsh looks a class act. Look forward to seeing him v Broughy later in the season...
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Complete - what have we learned   Round 1 Complete - what have we learned EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 8:14 pm

dee you are one poster worth replying to on here,and I think today compared with last game shows that we need to start getting efficient quick,just to conserve energy for when it really matters.

and i don't give a damn about the politically correct idiots who lurk in the background,and are incapable of offering anything other than getting on the case of someone who offers an opinion they don't like.

EDITED BY ponner
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Complete - what have we learned   Round 1 Complete - what have we learned EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:25 pm

Keep up those comments and you're out of here defleppard
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Complete - what have we learned   Round 1 Complete - what have we learned EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:38 am

Well two rounds down, neither ourselves or Saints as good as round 1. Leeds had a good win against Wire, but having watched on Sky I feel Wire were again not anywhere near recent years standards.

Wigan and Widnes had a rest, Cas look like being free of relegation concerns and pushing for play offs. HKR I felt were not very good, think Baloo is right we should have put 50 on them, but they are spirited and will be around the same area as Cas I feel.

Catalans look to have fallen apart, Salford, still not really got an opinion as they have only played Wakey & London.

Bradford, Wakey & London, looks like 2 from these 3 for the drop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Complete - what have we learned   Round 1 Complete - what have we learned Empty

Back to top Go down

Round 1 Complete - what have we learned
Page 1 of 1