Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giants v Rhinos chat

Go down 
+12
Shogun
adelaide-giant.no9
Durham Giant
penninegiant
reidy
FLYINGPROP
washy
ponner
matt01
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
BO JANGLES
Gem Bob
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Giants v Rhinos chat Empty
PostSubject: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 7:23 pm

I didn't even pay to get in and i felt like going and getting a refund for the 80 minutes of my life i'll never get back.

7 - Knock on's within 10m of the line.

2 - Opportunities to take 2 when 10 - 0 down yet we played?

Leeds were there for the taking tonight and we gifted them a win. Stupid schoolboy errors, devoid of ideas, same play right down the middle. With 25 mins to go we just strolled along to the scrum. We looked tired and disinterested. Our kicking game was pathetic. It was a joke.

Absolute gash.

The ref looked like he was a kn ob but i'm going to reserve judgment until i've re watched it on Sky.

That said just as i predicted and yet again we were embarrassed in front of the cameras and by Leeds.

The penalties/errors

1 - Cujoe tackling man without ball - Yes
2 - Wild interference - Possibly, but a harsh call
3 - Faiumu Knock on - No pulled out
4 - Wild Taking Webb out - No he was running same direction
5 - Hidgson out on the full - Yes
6 - Mason knock on - No stolen
7 - Kirkmond Knock on - Yes
8 - Griffin Knock on - Yes
9 - Griffin Holding Down - No, i counted to 2 before the ref blew
10 - Wild Forward Pass - Yes
11 - Brown Forward Pass - Yes
12 - Mason Knock on - Yes
13 - Mason Incorrect PTB - No Mason did nothing every other player does, he just puched forward
14 - Moore Knock on - No Leeds were all over him and offside
15 - Moore holding down - No, how can 3 players pushing a player to touch for 2 secs be held?
16 - Leeds TRY to Video Ref - NO TRY Leeds Knocked on after Hudds and Diskin Offside
17 - Cudjoe Knock on - Yes
18 - Hodgson Knock on - Yes

All the Sky commentators where aghast at many of Silverwoods decisions. I have not taken into account any decisions for Leeds. Silverwood was sh*t. But he did not lose us the game.

Last edited by Gem Bob on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:07 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : bad language in title)
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Classic case of the team in general and B Hodgson in particular trying to hard, It was very disappointing to say the least, All the Raps and talk they have been getting and they put in another performance like that in front of the cameras.
You need to be at the top of your game to beat teams like Leeds, unfortunately we weren't, There were some good performances, but there were some very poor ones as well, Still onward and upwards, It's absolutely vital we bounce straight back next week.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 7:55 pm

I thought Leeds were very determined first half and did a number on us, as did the ref! We just weren't switched on, it was like we were still in the dressing room straight from the kick off and as soon as Hodgy made that fumble you just had a feeling something was not quite right!

Second half I expected the lads to come out all guns blazing, but it just didn't happen...after Webb went under the sticks that killed off any hope the lads might of had of staging a comeback. Oh well, we were pants and Leeds did enough and deserved the win. Maybe this defeat will be a positive for us in the long run and we will bounce back more determined and ruthless in the next few games, which are all winnable games...Wolves, Crusaders and Salford.

Keep the faith!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 7:55 pm

Brett had a nightmare tonight, hardly anything went right for him. Still after that first try we looked good for most of the first half and then we went to sleep for the last few minutes. Then started badly in the second and it was game over. On the whole or attack looked predictable and we missed more tackles tonight than the rest of the season. Also the number of knock-ons was unreal. A really bad day at the office for nearly everyone. We must bounce back next week.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:08 pm

Also I thought Leeds defence was pretty impressive, kinda mirrored our own performances the last few weeks.

We still have a way to go as a team and whereas in the past losing to Leeds was something you expected it's not like that anymore so there are plenty of positives. Also confidence is one thing, but it can easily manifest itself as over confidence and as it stands there is still a long old way to go in the season and we've won nowt yet...so maybe this defeat will act as a little clash with reality and make us even more determined to bounce straight back and get about our business. If someone would have offered me the position we are in right now before the season started I would have bitten their arse off, so chin up guys we'll be just fine!!
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:13 pm

I agree with many of the comments and i even predicted a hefty loss so half expected it. The problem is this game was such a huge game for us. It was massive in almost every way imaginable and we played at about 50% our capability.

Its more frustrating than anything else. More so because it seems to always happen at home and in front of Sky.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:33 pm

I'm more frustrared about the forward passes that were allowed for Leeds yet we were pulled up for it when we threw one that would have been a try. The score flattered Leeds in a big way in my opnion.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:45 pm

ponner wrote:
I'm more frustrared about the forward passes that were allowed for Leeds yet we were pulled up for it when we threw one that would have been a try. The score flattered Leeds in a big way in my opnion.

You must have been at a different game to me , I thought he pulled Leeds at least 3 or 4 times times for forwrds, while i can only remember the one for us, No doubt we both got away with some, But the ref didnt keep knocking the ball out of our hands, or stop us tackling, That was a very poor performance that can't be blamed on the ref or anybody else, Next week is another game and chance to put it all right, Warrington have a terrible defence so we have every chance to put this behind us and get back on track.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:50 pm

ponner wrote:

Funny that I thought the same about us being pinged for forward passes! The Wild one was no where near and yet at least two of their try's were the result of obvious ones!! I can't comment further though! A lot was going on tonight away from the action! But what I did see the ref was pretty poor in some of his decisions!Ball steals deemed as Knock on's and why did Lawrence get pinged for tackling when he (leeds) knocked on I never know!!

We know we never show at home on SKY! so never built this game up at all! Just knew Leeds would never lose 3 league games in a row!!

Wire though are there for the taking, but I aint there unfortunaltly! Summat's going on a the Galpharm and I was the only one they could ask apparently!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:52 pm

So you didn't see Senior being pushed back behind his own line and threw a forward pass out that was let go? About 8 thousand other Giants fans saw all the other forward passes too that was let go by Silverish. I can only remember 1 Rhinos try that was legit that didn't involve a forward pass.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:13 pm

I'm sorry and gonna be careful what I say as not yet seen a replay on sky and always difficult after a defeat.

I think Leeds came to spoil and got away with it all game, constant lying on at the PTB which did not allow the Giants to play fast attacking rugby.

Slowing the game, ie:- McGuire constantly throwing the ball away after Leeds errors , knock on's, drop outs ect. I know it goes on but doesn't make for pretty watching and frustrating for fans.

I think Leeds defence was awesome and won the game for them, They prob did enough to win but the score flattered them.

Hodgy knock on at kick off and their try just after half time killed game off for us, both critical points in the game.

I think that 3rd is a very good season for us so far and most of us would have snapped the hand off if we been offered that at start of season.

It's not all doom and gloom after 1 poor result and I can see us going on another run of victories once the boys pick themselves up, cos it will have hurt believe me.

It's up to all of us to get behind the team once again and let em know they are appreciated. Giants v Rhinos chat 21033 Giants v Rhinos chat 21033 Giants v Rhinos chat 21033
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:15 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
I'm sorry and gonna be careful what I say as not yet seen a replay on sky and always difficult after a defeat.

I think Leeds came to spoil and got away with it all game, constant lying on at the PTB which did not allow the Giants to play fast attacking rugby.

Slowing the game, ie:- McGuire constantly throwing the ball away after Leeds errors , knock on's, drop outs ect. I know it goes on but doesn't make for pretty watching and frustrating for fans.

I think Leeds defence was awesome and won the game for them, They prob did enough to win but the score flattered them.

Hodgy knock on at kick off and their try just after half time killed game off for us, both critical points in the game.

I think that 3rd is a very good season for us so far and most of us would have snapped the hand off if we been offered that at start of season.

It's not all doom and gloom after 1 poor result and I can see us going on another run of victories once the boys pick themselves up, cos it will have hurt believe me.

It's up to all of us to get behind the team once again and let em know they are appreciated. Giants v Rhinos chat 21033 Giants v Rhinos chat 21033 Giants v Rhinos chat 21033

Agree, How Leeds get away with it i will never know. Webb, Diskin, Mcguire all were almost crying at the ref. It is frustrating to see, especially when right behind you you have a Leeds fan who thinks its the Giants who are laying on, offside etc.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:20 pm

ponner wrote:
So you didn't see Senior being pushed back behind his own line and threw a forward pass out that was let go? About 8 thousand other Giants fans saw all the other forward passes too that was let go by Silverish. I can only remember 1 Rhinos try that was legit that didn't involve a forward pass.

No doubt the same 8.000 giants fans that never see us get away with anything, We have had far worse refs than that, and in the past few weeks we have had one that has given us just about everything, We are all entitled to our opinion, and Leeds may well have had the better of the calls tonight, but the whinging about the ref every time we lose a game is getting very tiresome, The bottom line is we were beaten by a better and more professional side
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:25 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
ponner wrote:

No doubt the same 8.000 giants fans that never see us get away with anything, We have had far worse refs than that, and in the past few weeks we have had one that has given us just about everything, We are all entitled to our opinion, and Leeds may well have had the better of the calls tonight, but the whinging about the ref every time we lose a game is getting very tiresome, The bottom line is we were beaten by a better and more professional side

Smile
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:27 pm

[Lets have an edit here.........
We don't want an AUP.

EDIT|ED BY REIDY.
PLEASE PM.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:35 pm

Just making sure you saw it as you've been given a second chance on here.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:37 pm

In all honesty, we were up for it, but when you are 60 mins into a game where the ref is so one sided, you ain't gonna win.
I know we can blame the ref all day long, but Silverwood was deffo a Leedws fan tonight and nothing less.

He judged Griffin had knocked on at the approached to the Leeds line when he first came on the pitch. Utter TOSH! The ball had been stripped as the replay showed.

We weren't good, but after decisions like that, we were on the losing end all night long gang.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:48 pm

[quote="reidy"]In all honesty, we were up for it, but when you are 60 mins into a game where the ref is so one sided, you ain't gonna win.
I know we can blame the ref all day long, but Silverwood was deffo a Leedws fan tonight and nothing less.

He judged Griffin had knocked on at the approached to the Leeds line when he first came on the pitch. Utter TOSH! The ball had been stripped as the replay showed.

We weren't good, but after decisions like that, we were on the losing end all night long gang.[/quote

I give in, We knocked on enough times for three games, we missed enough takles to last us all season ,we conceed a try in the first set in each half and one in the last set of the first half, and It's still down to the ref,
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:57 pm

Bo, As I said, we didn't play well, but where the hell is the incentive for a fair game after that?
He judged Brett to clout one of the Leeds players at play of the ball when he intercepted IN THE AIR, it was complete cr@p. He was nowhere near him and a fair challenge for the ball, but we still ended up penalised.
Silverwood was biased. First time I have said it about a ref this season.
Fair doo's we all have our opinion, but I would say that any poll on here this week would surely sway in the way of Silverwood being biased tonight and not through sour grapes either.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 10:11 pm

reidy wrote:
Bo, As I said, we didn't play well, but where the hell is the incentive for a fair game after that?
He judged Brett to clout one of the Leeds players at play of the ball when he intercepted IN THE AIR, it was complete cr@p. He was nowhere near him and a fair challenge for the ball, but we still ended up penalised.
Silverwood was biased. First time I have said it about a ref this season.
Fair doo's we all have our opinion, but I would say that any poll on here this week would surely sway in the way of Silverwood being biased tonight and not through sour grapes either.

Fair enough Scot, you have your opinion, and i have no doubt that if you had held a poll on the HKR site last week a majority would have said the ref was bent. Leeds may have had the best of the calls tonight ,just like we have had the best of them over the last few weeks, The difference is that when we get them, It's because the ref has let the game flow. I thought we had got away from the Sharp style whinging, I hope to god N Brown doesn't echo some of the posts on here, I've heard enough of this from Noble and co.

We lost ,we got outplayed, and we played baddly enough to deserve it, It wasn't the refs fault, and It Isn't the end of our season, we just need to go and take it out on Warrington next week ,just like Leeds have with us this week.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 10:51 pm

Methuselah speaketh !!

Scott if we were up for it --ID HATE TO SEE EM GHOSTING !

If you freeze frame at some of our play the balls -- we`ve less shape than me after a crash diet!!
-which means the ONLY real attacks came from isolated breaks- a cracker from Robbo to Lawrence --and a couple own the flanks

Too much of the Sharpe down the middle --cos they had to (cos of above !

Some other thoughts

Eorl has improved no end --but the "give it Eorl" syndrome has to stop and some of the others should have stood up to be counted

Felt Fatz - good as he is - did a little of his "Ill break through - you dont need the ball" -which Ive mentioned previous

Moore - has got now (busy as he is) a dummy - run- dummy-run-dummy - run(sideways so that noone seems to know on our side whether theyre suddenly gonna get the ball -or be used as a foil1

Three times tonight the first or second POSSIBLE receiver would have had a chance to hit the hole - but he carried on veering towards the touchline - and then passes to someone in a panic/no go situation Wasteful

Thas SOME of our deficiencies --and contributions to the loss

THEY WERE much nore "up for it !! Full stop - the team selection spelled it out they meant business!

Whilst Bo and others say it wasnt the refs fault --I agree

But I stick by the fact that Leeds manipulated him -and for that deserved it
The mans easily swayed - but to prove Im not bitter - will buy him a Specsavers voucher Monday morning

It was on Sky -we didnt perform
But really - DO REDHALL nad Co really watch these refereeing exhibitions and do anything
Full time ?? For most of em its nearer FULL STOP

Right game over ----let the game commence !!

C`mon the Giants ----and another bottle o Magners before shuteye time"" Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 10:53 pm

Watching the highlights and we definately didn't get the rub of the green from the man with the whistle, but we didn't do enough to warrant getting anything from the game and watching the replays hasn't changed my opinion.

I'm not too downhearted because there is no shame in losing to the champions and we will play much, much better than this. I actually think we will struggle to play worse than we did today...so I fully expect us to go to Warrington and give a good account of ourselves and hopefully take the spoils.

I think the main reason we are feeling annoyed about all this is because we know what we are capable of, we had all been getting really hyped up about playing Leeds and then we go out there and play like that...especially infront of a big crowd, with the SKY cameras on us. We'll take our revenge on the Wolves, just as Leeds did on us tonight!
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 10:55 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
I didn't even pay to get in and i felt like going and getting a refund for the 80 minutes of my life i'll never get back.

7 - Knock on's within 10m of the line.

2 - Opportunities to take 2 when 10 - 0 down yet we played?

Leeds were there for the taking tonight and we gifted them a win. Stupid schoolboy errors, devoid of ideas, same play right down the middle. With 25 mins to go we just strolled along to the scrum. We looked tired and disinterested. Our kicking game was pathetic. It was a joke.

Absolute gash.

The ref looked like he was a kn ob but i'm going to reserve judgment until i've re watched it on Sky.

That said just as i predicted and yet again we were embarrassed in front of the cameras and by Leeds.

The penalties/errors

1 - Cujoe tackling man without ball - Yes
2 - Wild interference - Possibly, but a harsh call
3 - Faiumu Knock on - No pulled out
4 - Wild Taking Webb out - No he was running same direction
5 - Hidgson out on the full - Yes
6 - Mason knock on - No stolen
7 - Kirkmond Knock on - Yes
8 - Griffin Knock on - Yes
9 - Griffin Holding Down - No, i counted to 2 before the ref blew
10 - Wild Forward Pass - Yes
11 - Brown Forward Pass - Yes
12 - Mason Knock on - Yes
13 - Mason Incorrect PTB - No Mason did nothing every other player does, he just puched forward
14 - Moore Knock on - No Leeds were all over him and offside
15 - Moore holding down - No, how can 3 players pushing a player to touch for 2 secs be held?
16 - Leeds TRY to Video Ref - NO TRY Leeds Knocked on after Hudds and Diskin Offside
17 - Cudjoe Knock on - Yes
18 - Hodgson Knock on - Yes

All the Sky commentators where aghast at many of Silverwoods decisions. I have not taken into account any decisions for Leeds. Silverwood was sh*t. But he did not lose us the game.

I have absolutely no idea how you could write this.

Leeds were a very good side who defended really well. They targetted Hodgson which accounts for some of his mistakes.

Leeds were not there for the taking on that performance and only Saints would have beaten them.

as for the 18 points you list you are wrong about no4 wild fouled him. as for 13 it was harsh but correct the fact that others get away with it makes no difference. No 16 that was wrong but it was given by halibut.

As for your comments about devoid of ideas and playing down the middle are you sure you were at the same game. we passed the ball a lot but Leeds defended well they also pass it quicker and more accurately than we do. Also how you can talk about tired and disinterested c i thought they played right until the very end and were still attacking when the hooter went.

Maybe you are just used to us winning and have lost touch with reality. In that case losing to Leeds is a good lesson to us of how far we still have to go to get to the top table. In attack Carney would have been one of that key elements. It will take time dont get so disheartened that we have lost to the SL champions.

You should listen to Bo jangles at least he is right.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:02 pm

it was so bad i went back to bed at half time lol
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:09 pm

Maybe Leeds did defend well, but this is my point. WHEN THE REF IS ON THEIR SIDE AS SILVERWOOD WAS TONIGHT, THEY AREN'T GONNA LOSE!
I know we weren't perfect, but why give ur all when ref is just gonna penalise yer every move?
NO REASON TO PLAY ON THAT FACT ALONE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Rhinos chat   Giants v Rhinos chat Empty

Back to top Go down

Giants v Rhinos chat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next