Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giants v Crusaders chat

Go down 
+6
matt01
Giant-Dragon
Clock-Face-Giant
penninegiant
Meltham Giant
ponner
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Giants v Crusaders chat Empty
PostSubject: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:16 am

LINK
Quote :
GIANTS CONFIRM SPECIAL PLAY OFF TICKET PRICES

Huddersfield Giants have today confirmed the ticket prices for their crucial Engage Super League Play-off eliminator against Crusaders RL. The game will take place on Saturday 11th September at the Galpharm Stadium, kick off 3.45pm. Tickets go on sale on Monday morning from the Stadium Ticket Office with special prices in the Fantastic Media Lower Tier and Primary School Children FREE OF CHARGE throughout the Stadium.

Fantastic Media Stand Lower Tier Special Offer

Tickets in this area are just £5 for all age categories apart from Primary School aged children, who are FREE OF CHARGE.

Please note: The special £5 ticket offer is limited in number and is only available to supporters pre-buying their tickets from the Galpharm Stadium Ticket Office. These tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis.

Direct Golf & Britannia Rescue Stands

Adults £15
Concessions £10
Secondary School Aged Child £5
Primary School Aged Child: FREE OF CHARGE

Family Ticket Offer: £35 (Two adults, two secondary school aged children)

Please Note: These tickets can be purchased on the turnstiles and Huddersfield Giants 2010 Season Ticket Holders will be able to sit in their reserved seat once entry has been payed for as long as they also bring their 2010 booklets as proof.

Legends Club
(Price including programme and half time coffee)

Adults £22
Concession £17
Secondary School Aged child £12
Primary School Aged child: FREE OF CHARGE

These tickets must be purchased at the Galpharm Stadium Ticket Office.

1895 Club

Including all benefits of package: £45
Ticket only £17

These tickets must be purchased at the Galpharm Stadium Ticket Office.

Tickets go on sale on Monday morning at 9am. The Galpharm Stadium Ticket Office is open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm and next Saturday 9am-kick off. The Ticket Hotline is 01484 484123 supporters can also buy their tickets online from Monday by CLICKING HERE

THE PLAY OFF RACE IS ON – THE GIANTS NEED YOU!
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 10:34 pm

Come on guys! Lets get behind the boys and really cheer them on! Tell your neighbour, friends, work collegues.... everyone!... to get down to the Galpharm on Saturday to help cheer the Claret and gold further into the playoffs!
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 10:50 pm

Please Note: These tickets can be purchased on the turnstiles and Huddersfield Giants 2010 Season Ticket Holders will be able to sit in their reserved seat once entry has been payed for as long as they also bring their 2010 booklets as proof.

Now THIS should be fun!!!!! Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:19 pm

penninegiant wrote:

Stewards ill have their hands full then haha

Back to top Go down
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:19 am

Just ordered tickets me and Mrs C-F-G will be there Giants v Crusaders chat 21033 Giants v Crusaders chat 21033
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Meant to be having a couple of friends down from Manchester this Saturday so if they do come, I probably wont be going, but if not I will deffo be down!
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:53 pm

As I thought it would be in the evening I have made alternative plans that can't be undone, so I too will not be attending. Well gutted, but the way I look at it. If we win then I will still get to see us in another play-off game and if we lose to the Crusaders I will be so disappointed that I would have hated that I had missed out on my alternative plans.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:12 pm

Meltham Giant wrote:
penninegiant wrote:

indeedy MG ---they could play some music -and when it stops --we all grab OUR SEAT!! (SEASON TICKET READILY VISIBLE"")
They`re obviously trying to get the party atmosphere going!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:13 pm

matt01 wrote:
As I thought it would be in the evening I have made alternative plans that can't be undone, so I too will not be attending. Well gutted, but the way I look at it. If we win then I will still get to see us in another play-off game and if we lose to the Crusaders I will be so disappointed that I would have hated that I had missed out on my alternative plans.

clue -Matt`s going on a real ale bender session?? Wink
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:03 am

penninegiant wrote:
Meltham Giant wrote:
penninegiant wrote:

indeedy MG ---they could play some music -and when it stops --we all grab OUR SEAT!! (SEASON TICKET READILY VISIBLE"")
They`re obviously trying to get the party atmosphere going!! Very Happy

IT'S CONGA TIME!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Gutted to have missed our first play-off win. When will we know who we are playing next and more importantly what time?
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:36 pm

matt01 wrote:
Gutted to have missed our first play-off win. When will we know who we are playing next and more importantly what time?

Believe me matt you missed nothing.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:55 pm

youre supposed to "get Bent" then Bo (you moaner)

some will accept anything it seems! Evil or Very Mad

but not you fella eh??

(you just have to keep the faith!! Wink
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:56 pm

matt01 wrote:

willing to bet your event was more entertaining Matt!
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:12 am

Only watched first half hour of the match as i had to go to work and it looked like we bombed loads of chances! Going to watch the match rerun now on sky.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:00 am

penninegiant wrote:

but not you fella eh??

Just dont understand whats happening mate, we are getting teams that look more and more like something Sharp would have picked, Lots of talk about how good a shape we are in for the playoffs, everybody fit, only mace missing, and yet we play a team with a Scrum half at Hooker, hooker in second row, a squad player starting at prop, while Raleigh ( who played very well last time i saw him ) nowhere to be seen, play makers all over the field, and the pack getting a right good hiding for 60 minutes. Obviously a reason for it all, but they looked completely out of sink. Griffin, Robbo and Brough were the stand out players for us, both Hodgsons were very poor, and Patrick tried hard.
I'm sure they will pick it up for the next game, but they will also be playing a much better team, so they will need too, I believe the modern saying is , It's the win that counts, and you have to win ugly sometimes, well it doesn't get much uglier than that.

And anyway, Ive got nearly 60 years invested in them , I'm allowed to moan.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:59 am

I take my hat off to Crusaders, they came with the "nothing to lose" attitude and it showed. They made yards every time they had the ball and played some very impressive rugby. I thought they had got us and was disappointed to see our season ending in such a fashion. That said we did manage to keep them to scoring only one try which is a good achievement and we didnt throw the towel in, or at least Brough didnt. I honestly believe he saved the day with his quick thinking to put Cudjoe over. He is coming on leaps and bounds now and I hold my hand up and admit I doubted the reason for his signing but I am pleased to say he is now proving me wrong.

We have never been able to play pressure rugby and perhaps again we had nerves jangling. We have now broken that duck and so next week we should deal with the game in the same manner Crusaders did...we have nothing to lose! We have won our first play off game so have got further than before. Go into next weeks game whoever it is against and enjoy it, usually it is found that if a team does that they usually put up a good performance.

We are not a great team yet but we have come a long way since the days of getting our backsides whooped by massive margins by Leeds & Co. We have still some way to go and I am sure we will get there. I am just glad we won. Will also be glad when I can speak without croaking as my voice is shot this morning!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:24 pm

dannablue wrote:
I take my hat off to Crusaders, they came with the "nothing to lose" attitude and it showed. They made yards every time they had the ball and played some very impressive rugby. I thought they had got us and was disappointed to see our season ending in such a fashion. That said we did manage to keep them to scoring only one try which is a good achievement and we didnt throw the towel in, or at least Brough didnt. I honestly believe he saved the day with his quick thinking to put Cudjoe over. He is coming on leaps and bounds now and I hold my hand up and admit I doubted the reason for his signing but I am pleased to say he is now proving me wrong.

We have never been able to play pressure rugby and perhaps again we had nerves jangling. We have now broken that duck and so next week we should deal with the game in the same manner Crusaders did...we have nothing to lose! We have won our first play off game so have got further than before. Go into next weeks game whoever it is against and enjoy it, usually it is found that if a team does that they usually put up a good performance.

We are not a great team yet but we have come a long way since the days of getting our backsides whooped by massive margins by Leeds & Co. We have still some way to go and I am sure we will get there. I am just glad we won. Will also be glad when I can speak without croaking as my voice is shot this morning!

Well said young lady , much truth in there.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:14 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
penninegiant wrote:

but not you fella eh??

Just dont understand whats happening mate, we are getting teams that look more and more like something Sharp would have picked, Lots of talk about how good a shape we are in for the playoffs, everybody fit, only mace missing, and yet we play a team with a Scrum half at Hooker, hooker in second row, a squad player starting at prop, while Raleigh ( who played very well last time i saw him ) nowhere to be seen, play makers all over the field, and the pack getting a right good hiding for 60 minutes. Obviously a reason for it all, but they looked completely out of sink. Griffin, Robbo and Brough were the stand out players for us, both Hodgsons were very poor, and Patrick tried hard.
I'm sure they will pick it up for the next game, but they will also be playing a much better team, so they will need too, I believe the modern saying is , It's the win that counts, and you have to win ugly sometimes, well it doesn't get much uglier than that.

Think you are being a little harsh there BO. The Crusaders came all fired up, and into our faces, put us out of our
stride and we could only play as good as they would let us.
Some players had an off day, but as they say if a team is playing off colour and winning it is the sign of a good side.
Eventually we did wear them down and if there had been another 15 minutes to play I think we would have run in a few more, the Crusaders were shattered.

Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 am

very yight game Crusaders played to their strenths, and obviously their game plan
our defence was great, but the attack very flat
We didn,t play that good, but we won, confidence booster.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Shogun wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
penninegiant wrote:

but not you fella eh??

Think you are being a little harsh there BO. The Crusaders came all fired up, and into our faces, put us out of our
Some players had an off day, but as they say if a team is playing off colour and winning it is the sign of a good side.
Eventually we did wear them down and if there had been another 15 minutes to play I think we would have run in a few more, the Crusaders were shattered.

You are probably right mate, sometimes It's difficult to get up for the lesser teams, and true i dont think Crusaders would have crossed the line if we had still been playing, other than the Interception, What i can't do with is all the moving about of players, All Lunts best work has been done from Hooker, why try and convert him to a SR, Brough has played SH all his playing time ( i think ) Why play him at Hooker, And what's happened to Mcgillvery, we need pace on both wings.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:31 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Shogun wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
penninegiant wrote:

but not you fella eh??

You are probably right mate, sometimes It's difficult to get up for the lesser teams, and true i dont think Crusaders would have crossed the line if we had still been playing, other than the Interception, What i can't do with is all the moving about of players, All Lunts best work has been done from Hooker, why try and convert him to a SR, Brough has played SH all his playing time ( i think ) Why play him at Hooker, And what's happened to Mcgillvery, we need pace on both wings.

hes thinking of playing him at stand-off?? Rolling Eyes Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Crusaders chat   Giants v Crusaders chat Empty

Back to top Go down

Giants v Crusaders chat
Page 1 of 1