Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giants v Hull KR chat

Go down 
+5
dannablue
matt01
JudgeB
Pharmergibbs
ponner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Giants v Hull KR chat Empty
PostSubject: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Very good first half from the senior players and the second half was a reasonable performance from a mainly reserve team. Other than the break away try I thought our defence was outstanding. Danny Brough had a faultless kicking game.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Couldn't make it today as I am working away. How did faalogo and o'donnell play today, did they look sharp?
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Faalogo had a fairly solid game and O'Donnell after a nervous start with a couple of loose balls began to look OK but only played first half.

Pretty good effort all round but the many changes in the second half took it's toll and disrupted the performance.
Brough looked sharp and his kicking game in open play, touchline and goal kicking couldn't really be faulted.
Jermaine looked like he was determined to cement a wing spot.
Defensively a good solid defensive display. Attackwise, more to work on.

For a first hit out, I was a reasonably satisfied punter.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Slightly more about it than the average friendly, but you can't read much if anything into it. I suppose the young lads didn't look out of place and if that is typical of Brough's goal kicking why didn't he kick for us last season?
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:05 pm

I thought overall the players did well. I was impressed with Grix at fullback, seemed confident and happy to put his body on the line, think he will do fine there. McGillvary impressed me too. Cant say there was anyone who had a bad game and friendlies arent like SL games, a lot of changes and testing of moves etc. Looked promising all round. Despite the many interchanges I thought we did well and still managed to put together some good moves. Was good to get back to watching a game...cant wait for the season to start now.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:08 pm

Grix played well, but wasn't really tested with much quality kicking and did throw out a couple of crazy passes (who does that remind you of?). Still he made a couple of quality tackles and when he did run it back did so well. Certainly happier now I have seen him in that position. Hopefully this will help his confidence and he can kick on from here and make the position his own.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:16 pm

I think Grix has a way to go to be a great fullback but last year he didnt seem to play regularly or in a regular position, we saw him one week and then he disappeared for lengthy periods so this was his fresh start in his new position. So far things look promising. He does show he is keen to get involved and I am sure with time he will only get better.
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Thought Grix positioned himself pretty well and made nil errors clearing up the ball from kicks. It was the careless passes he needs to cut out.
Alot of promise for me.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:36 pm

JudgeB wrote:
Thought Grix positioned himself pretty well and made nil errors clearing up the ball from kicks. It was the careless passes he needs to cut out.
Alot of promise for me.
His positioning was very good indeed. I noticed one point in the second half he made a tackle near the line and then was across at the other end by the next tackle to help the defence force a wild pass from HKR. If he hadn't have reacted so quickly HKR would have had an overlap.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Positionally Grix was very good, he also made a try saving tackle and ran the ball back well, couple of crazy passes, is that something Brown coaches into his fullbacks lol.
Thought Brough was good and his all round kicking game was very good, Fairbank reminds me of Patrick the way he runs thru brick Walls. Gilmore looked lost when introduced at centre so not sure how that will pan out, kids looked good 2nd half overall a good 1st run out against a decent team
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:43 pm

What number did Fairbank have on his back?
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:00 am

We looked a lot stronger than HKR for much of the first half.If there is one thing NB does know how to coach it's defence.As ever in these pre season games when they go to mass interchange in the second half it becomes a different ball game.Only way KR could make any dint in our rock solid defence was around the ruck area

Still some work needed on attack I feel,maybe more time needed to get the combinations working to best effect.But it was a first hit out when all is said and done.

Grix impressive speed and elusiveness,O'Donnell is obviously a very tough operator.McGillvary looks like he is ready for regular first team football.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:28 am

matt01 wrote:
What number did Fairbank have on his back?

Fairbank came on second half wearing 9, not as stocky as Patrick but runs just as hard, hope we can bring these youngsters thru into the first team cos they are the future of the game at the Giants and international level.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:35 pm

defleppard wrote:
We looked a lot stronger than HKR for much of the first half.If there is one thing NB does know how to coach it's defence.As ever in these pre season games when they go to mass interchange in the second half it becomes a different ball game.Only way KR could make any dint in our rock solid defence was around the ruck area

Still some work needed on attack I feel,maybe more time needed to get the combinations working to best effect.But it was a first hit out when all is said and done.

Grix impressive speed and elusiveness,O'Donnell is obviously a very tough operator.McGillvary looks like he is ready for regular first team football.

.............but Im not sure he`ll get it yet with DH and Cudge as first choices in NB`s eyes I think
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:22 pm

I was very impressed with no # 30 i think it was keal carlile?? spent quite a lot of time on the pitch and looked comfortable switching with fooey... who again had some fab sidesteps. Grix fits in nicely at fullback and made some quality yards. Broughs kicking looking back to best. Very happy with what i saw and all the "young uns"stood up well in the second half.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Hull KR chat   Giants v Hull KR chat Empty

Back to top Go down

Giants v Hull KR chat
Page 1 of 1