Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

luke robinson or danny brough

Go down 
+9
reidy
Meltham Giant
FLYINGPROP
ponner
Gem Bob
Old School
BO JANGLES
Durham Giant
wheatley92
13 posters
AuthorMessage
wheatley92
Ballboy
Ballboy
wheatley92

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-28

luke robinson or danny brough Empty
PostSubject: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 11:25 pm

who would you rather see playing the scrum half role at the giants,

Robbo or Brough
i think Brough is a lazy player, noticed this when we played them at home, as Robbo never seems to stop running,
? ? ? luke robinson or danny brough 21033
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 6:47 am

I would have to say that skills wise Brough beats robbo hands down particularly in respect of kicking and organising.
They are however completely different plyers and Robbo is a dynamo who gives us a lot of options in respect of his running at players or going through the gaps ala Burrows.
There is however the problem of Broughs attitude and it would be a question of whether Brown could tame him.

For me it is not who is the best but how do they complement their potential halfback partner. For me i could see them playing together with Brough at 6.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:44 am

Personally I would prefer Brough with Robinson replacing Moore,also I'm not convinced Faiumu will be here next season, I just think Brough has some good sides to his game, He has one of the best passes I've ever seen, he has a good kicking game, lots of pace and is one of the best goal kickers in the game. I dont know anything about his attitude but it seems to get mentioned a lot, I know that by glancing at the Wakey board, almost to a person they are desperate to keep him so he must have something, I would be happy to see him here ,I think he would bring a lot to the team, A SO for me is the big need and failing a new quality player, i would be tempted to play Hodgson there with Cudjo in his proper place, and try for someone like Brougton, Does any of this make sense to anyone else, or am i just losing the plot,It's all good fun speculating.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Forget Brough he wont be coming he has signed for HKR.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 4:05 pm

Old School wrote:

Thats a shame.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 9:30 am

Someone at Wakey once said to me that Brough has lost as many games as he has won.

That i think is his problem. Some days he is amazing others he isn't.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 5:52 pm

Old School wrote:
Hmmm i remember someone once telling me that he was coming to us and i could take that to the bank Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 8:04 pm

So if he has signed for HKR lets start this thread again.

Who would you like to see playing scrum half for the Giants next year Robbo or Dobson Wink
Back to top Go down
wheatley92
Ballboy
Ballboy
wheatley92

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 8:21 pm

i think we should keep Robbo, he is a good player, and there isnt many games where he doesnt give 100%
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 8:26 pm

wheatley92 wrote:
i think we should keep Robbo, he is a good player, and there isnt many games where he doesnt give 100%

Totally agree! Robbo always works his socks off week in week out. Great to watch when he is at his best.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:31 pm

Yep, Luke has come on in leaps and bounds, I can only see him getting better.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Personally I'd give him another season and sign a world class SO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:41 pm

after watching brough last night against saints i hope we get him

only sean long is a better british half in super league
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:07 pm

defleppard wrote:
after watching brough last night against saints i hope we get him

only sean long is a better british half in super league
Well Robinson had a wonderful game today, can we accommodate both?
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:25 pm

Robinson was awesome in the first half. Didn't notice him as much in the second though. I think Robinson showed today that he's come on leaps and bounds since last season.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:31 pm

He was superb today. Like a little terrier!
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:11 am

Looking at the Warrington game it would have to be Robbo everytime.

He was like a little general probing and whizzing about the field.

His kicking was much better trying little chips over ect.

Lets hope he keeps it up until end of season now and we have a really good chance of some silverware.
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:05 pm

Definately Robbo ! hes tough to handle and has so much passion was speaking to him after the game he was so pleased with the win. He brings a lot to the team ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: luke robinson or danny brough   luke robinson or danny brough Empty

Back to top Go down

luke robinson or danny brough
Page 1 of 1