Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danny Brough

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Danny Brough Empty
PostSubject: Danny Brough   Danny Brough EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Just wondered what peoples opinions of him are now he has been here a while, Myself i have always rated him right back to his days at York ( i think it was ) There were a few who were critical of the move to bring him here, and that's totally understandable in view of his reputation, The teams form did dip but i think it was more down to the fiasco with Brown and Hogson than the arrival of Brough.

I think he has settled down now and his kicking game has begun to have a big effect on some games, whether he will live up to Hogson going between the sticks i dont know, ( if he is to be goalkicker )but it will take some doing, but he does his share of tackling and is quick off the mark, so all in all i am happy with him, Just wondered what others thought
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Danny Brough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Brough   Danny Brough EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:26 pm

I think he is a great signing, a really good player who now without doubt (after a shaky start) adds immensely to our team. I am really pleased we have him. The only negative in his arrival has been the removal of Lunt from the hooking role. If we want to pursuade him to stay and not go to Australia at the end of next season I would think being able to offer him the hooking role or at least a share of it would be paramount. I may sound greedy given robbo and brough have been so good sharing that and scrum half but would not like to lose Lunt given his talent. Mcbanana has told him he sees him as a hooker and it seems clear that is where he wants to play.

Sorry I have strayed - brough= excellent signing!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Danny Brough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Brough   Danny Brough EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:00 pm

Pharmergibbs wrote:
I think he is a great signing, a really good player who now without doubt (after a shaky start) adds immensely to our team. I am really pleased we have him. The only negative in his arrival has been the removal of Lunt from the hooking role. If we want to pursuade him to stay and not go to Australia at the end of next season I would think being able to offer him the hooking role or at least a share of it would be paramount. I may sound greedy given robbo and brough have been so good sharing that and scrum half but would not like to lose Lunt given his talent. Mcbanana has told him he sees him as a hooker and it seems clear that is where he wants to play.

Sorry I have strayed - brough= excellent signing!

Yes I'ts a bit of a poser, IMO we need Brough on the field for the whole game at SH, we need his kicking game,he can play 80 minutes easy enough, or seems to be able to, I would share the Hooking between Robbo and Lunt, both are exelent in their own way and would bring different things to the team, much as KC and Roby have done for Saints, Robbo can also cover SH as well and Lunt can cover SR or LF although I dont think I'ts ideal, He has always looked his best at Hooker and i would be sorry to loose him although if he can get a club in Os i wouldn't blame him, What we dont want IMO is all three of them on at the same time, it makes us too lightweight in the middle and restricts K Browns involvment a bit, Right or wrong thats my opinion.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Danny Brough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Brough   Danny Brough EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Top player. I wasn't sure about the timing of his signing as things were going well without him and I really rate Kirmond too. However after a bit of an inconsistent start he really added loads to the team leading up to the play-offs and during them. With the loss of Hodgson, Brough, Robbo and Brown will have a lot of responsibility on their shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Danny Brough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Brough   Danny Brough Empty

Back to top Go down

Danny Brough
Page 1 of 1