Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser

Go down 
+8
ponner
adelaide-giant.no9
BO JANGLES
kirkysmum
reidy
dannablue
bostock
Gem Bob
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Meltham Giant wrote:
FLYINGPROP wrote:
Well done to all the young un's , will be something they remember always and a story to tell when they are older.

I Played in same team as Richard Ellis for Huddersfield Inter Town under 18's, coached by Chris Foster, that was some years ago!! Neutral

How many years we talking here? 50? Wink Very Happy
....and the rest Wink
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:48 pm

ponner wrote:
Meltham Giant wrote:
FLYINGPROP wrote:
Well done to all the young un's , will be something they remember always and a story to tell when they are older.

I Played in same team as Richard Ellis for Huddersfield Inter Town under 18's, coached by Chris Foster, that was some years ago!! Neutral

....and the rest Wink

Ohhh you cheeky sods, it wasn't all that long ago, mind you when you think about it!! Neutral Sad It would have been in about 87-88 the balls were laced in them days ya know Very Happy Very Happy

He was a good player second row if I remember rightly, The pack was me at open side with Sean James (Tigger) hooker, Stuart ? (unsure of surname at blind side) Richard Ellis and Richard Fisher second row and might have been Rob Salmon at Loose Forward?

Blimey memory has gone!!
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:17 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
The kids loved it, i can lay claim to refereeing on the hallowed turf and the kids to playing on it. Thornhill lost 3 - 2 to Shaw Cross but Thornhill played against the sun for the first half then the second was cut short.........My lad just couldn't resist:

Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser - Page 2 1001263w
exsuses,excuses,are you justin morgan in disguise. Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
great to see the lads on the galpharm pitch.
my lad scored a good try against thornhill,length of the field Wink Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser - Page 2 Dsc02311
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 3:08 pm

bostock wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
The kids loved it, i can lay claim to refereeing on the hallowed turf and the kids to playing on it. Thornhill lost 3 - 2 to Shaw Cross but Thornhill played against the sun for the first half then the second was cut short.........My lad just couldn't resist:

exsuses,excuses,are you justin morgan in disguise. Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
my lad scored a good try against thornhill,length of the field Wink Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser - Page 2 Dsc02311

I was ref mate and i could hardly see. I have to say though i can;t believe we were cut short. Starting to think it was a bit of a get bums on seats con... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:25 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
ponner wrote:
Meltham Giant wrote:
FLYINGPROP wrote:

....and the rest Wink

Ohhh you cheeky sods, it wasn't all that long ago, mind you when you think about it!! Neutral Sad It would have been in about 87-88 the balls were laced in them days ya know Very Happy Very Happy

He was a good player second row if I remember rightly, The pack was me at open side with Sean James (Tigger) hooker, Stuart ? (unsure of surname at blind side) Richard Ellis and Richard Fisher second row and might have been Rob Salmon at Loose Forward?

Blimey memory has gone!!

He might have done will ask him next time I see him.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
bostock wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:

I was ref mate and i could hardly see. I have to say though i can;t believe we were cut short. Starting to think it was a bit of a get bums on seats con... Neutral

Possibly a few stars of the future in that line up!! Smile
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:28 pm

hope so Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2