Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

v Leeds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: v Leeds   Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:22 pm

So where do we go from here. Yes its only one defeat, but it is two poor performances. I think we need a bit of a mini shake up. Drop/rest one or two, lets see what a couple of others can do.

My team would be:

1. Murphy - done nothing much wrong since being in the side and although Grix has been ok this season except for Bradford, I feel on balance Murphy deserves his chance here.
2. Jerry - no more soft knock-ons, runs like a prop, I'd like to see him run from first receiver from a scrum
3. Leroy - back to were he's best
4. Wardle - no fuss, solid and reliable
5. George - needs to get a bit more involved
6. Brough - if fit
7. Faiumu - different, he would run direct and hopefully use his super step and pass more effectively, could be a bit like Addy was for Bradford
8. Koppy - solid as a rock
9. Lunt - we start better with him starting
10. Fielden - bring him back
11. Ferres - needs a better performance or Fairbank/Cording etc... could get a starting spot
12. Chan - as Ferres
13. Crabtree - did well here earlier in the season

14. Patrick
15. Mullally
16. Cording/Fairbank/Ta,ai (if fit enough to play at least 40 mins)
17. Robinson - can interchange at hooker where he is best and then Lunt can spell Crabtree too or if things don't work with Faiumu he can partner Brough

What do others think?
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:15 pm

Interesting thoughts Matt, in the absence of a new signing I would keep Robbo at scrum half, but he must defend on the right with Leroy and Chan as minders. Robbo has been picked on as he doesn't have good footwork for an edge defender, but Leroy and Chan are both really good edge defenders so that helps hugely. On the left Joe Wardle is solid as a rock but Ferres is no more than average defensively so it makes sense for Broughy to defend that side, he is a good edge defender, one of the best half backs in the league defensively as well as on attack.

Looking at the positives from Robbo, cut out passes to Jerry at Wakey and Joe on sunday were both superb, there are strengths there as well as weaknesses, if we look after his weaknesses then he can be a great player for us, but we have to address that through the systems rather than ignore them. an edge of Ferres, Robbo, Joe and Luke George really was bombscare stuff, all good players but only Joe is a strong defender.

Danny Brough has been struggling a bit with injury (hamstring?) and not really been goal kicking to his usual standard, I would put Leroy on goalkicking duties for a couple of weeks, just to lighten the load. Leroy was a good enough kicker to kick for England a couple of years back.

I like your idea of 5 props, especially against Leeds who are likely to put Bailey at 13. I might try it a bit differently though and put Larne at 13 with Eorl and Mullally coming off the bench. Peacock and Leuluai are a formidable run on props, but Fielden and Kopczak are capable of matching them, come interchange time I would fancy Eorl and Mullally to get on top.

I was frustrated yesterday as I thought our approach to the game didn't give us the best chance to perform, but we have also done some very good things this year, lets get back to the simple forward platform that was the foundation to our excellent performance at Saints. Sunday was not our day, but with the right mindset I believe this team can have many more good days than off days.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:13 pm

I think Robbo is one of the best hookers in the game. He got over used last season in that position and burned out. If he shares the role with Lunt then they can both stay at the top of their game all season and be a quality partnership. However that means finding a new partner for Brough, could that be Grix or maybe give Faiumu a chance.

With Fergy back in the ranks I would put him on the bench against Leeds as by all accounts he has been doing well at Hull KR.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 pm

I think we'll come out looking a totally different team from last week and if we don't come away with the win then I think it'll be very close. Let's get there in big numbers and don't forget to buy your tickets from the club or else the 10% will be our loss and Leeds gain and Hetherington is the last person i'd rather give extra money to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
http://giants.aforumfree.com
ponner
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Huddersfield Giants Head Coach Paul Anderson has named his 19 man squad for Friday night's trip to Leeds Rhinos.
Dale Ferguson and Stuart Fielden are named in the squad in place of Luke George and Anthony Mullally
Giants Squad in full:
1. Scott Grix
3. Leroy Cudjoe
4. Joe Wardle
5. Jermaine McGillvary
6. Danny Brough
7. Luke Robinson
8. Eorl Crabtree
9. Shaun Lunt
10. Craig Kopczak
11. Brett Ferres
13. David Faiumu
15. Larne Patrick
16. Jason Chan
17. Ukuma Ta'ai
18. Aaron Murphy
19. Jamie Cording
20. Jacob Fairbank
21. Dale Ferguson
29. Stuart Fielden

Referee: Ben Thaler

The Giants will be wearing their claret and gold kit at this game.
Tickets are on sale now from the John Smith’s Stadium Ticket Office and Online. By purchasing from the Giants you earn 10% commission for the Claret & Gold.
Supporters can also purchase Giants on Tour coach travel for just £10. Buses will depart from the John Smith’s Stadium at 6pm and then 6:15pm from bays A, B and C at the bus station.

Ticket Prices are:

Standing - West Terrace
Adults £20;
Concessions (students and seniors) £13;
Junior: £12 (Junior vouchers can be swapped on the day)
Ambulant Disabled: £13 (Carer Free - only 6)
Wheelchair Disabled: £13 (Carer Free - only 4)

Seating - Main Stand - Block A
Adults: £27;
Concessions: £20;
Juniors: £19;
Ambulant Disabled: £20 (Carer Free)
Junior Swaps N/A in this area

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:50 pm

So how did Dawson get in the team when he wasn't in the 19? And how did we go from the performance against Bradford to what must have been quality against Leeds? Are we a one man team?
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:59 pm

matt01 wrote:
So how did Dawson get in the team when he wasn't in the 19? And how did we go from the performance against Bradford to what must have been quality against Leeds? Are we a one man team?
Jerry got injured during week

Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 785

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:37 am

Smart move to get Cording out of the 17 he was a waste of an interchange.

Grix's crap decision making when he joins the line evident yet again.

Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:57 am

'Kevin Sinfield! Chris Moyles! Harry Ramsden! John Craven! Emmerdale! Keith Lemon! - can you hear me, Gary Hetherington! Your boys took one hell of a beating! Your boys took one hell of a beating!'

Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:24 am

I love this pic!

Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:12 am

defleppard wrote:
Smart move to get Cording out of the 17 he was a waste of an interchange.

Grix's crap decision making when he joins the line evident yet again.

The Giants win 32 - 8 and pretty much destroy Leeds and your observation is about two players you dont like.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:13 am

Great picture, great result, lets hope they can repeat the trick at home against Hull.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Unlike fools we can say what we want on here,no so called 'mods' trying to stifle conversation just 'cause we are not totally infatuated with certain players who they appear to have some sort of weird crush on,
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:15 pm

matt01 wrote:
Great picture, great result, lets hope they can repeat the trick at home against Hull.

Think the challenge now for the coaching staff is to get a system that will work if Brough's is out injured,No Brough = no kicking game,plus total disruption.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:34 pm

defleppard wrote:
matt01 wrote:

Think the challenge now for the coaching staff is to get a system that will work if Brough's is out injured,No Brough = no kicking game,plus total disruption.
Spot on mate. I don't think for a second we would have beat Bradford with Brough, but we would have been much stronger. Others need to learn from the master.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:47 pm

defleppard wrote:
Unlike fools we can say what we want on here,no so called 'mods' trying to stifle conversation just 'cause we are not totally infatuated with certain players who they appear to have some sort of weird crush on,

Best post ever.

Says it all.

Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:48 pm

Even though we got stuck at Birstall in traffic for 1/2 hour last night, I don't care as the bus was buzzing with happy fans Smile Dunno about anyone else but I lost my voice but it was worth it!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: v Leeds   

Back to top Go down

v Leeds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: