Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser

Go down 
+8
ponner
adelaide-giant.no9
BO JANGLES
kirkysmum
reidy
dannablue
bostock
Gem Bob
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser Empty
PostSubject: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 6:29 pm

I coach a local Under 8's side and so far this season we have lost 2 games out of 14. (1 of our wins was even against our under 9's)
Anyway, the Giants have asked whether our team (Thornhill Trojans U 8's) would like to be the curtain raiser for the Gianst v Leeds game. Obviously i have snapped the guys arm off.

So if you can make it it'd be much appreciated if you could get in a bit early and cheer the kids on.

Smile
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
I coach a local Under 8's side and so far this season we have lost 2 games out of 14. (1 of our wins was even against our under 9's)
Anyway, the Giants have asked whether our team (Thornhill Trojans U 8's) would like to be the curtain raiser for the Gianst v Leeds game. Obviously i have snapped the guys arm off.

So if you can make it it'd be much appreciated if you could get in a bit early and cheer the kids on.

Smile
my lad plays for shaw cross sharks,we also have been asked,but not heard any thing back from the giants yet?
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 6:38 pm

bostock wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:

Smile
my lad plays for shaw cross sharks,we also have been asked,but not heard any thing back from the giants yet?

Shaw Cross aren't in our league so it'll be great to play someone else.

Smile
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Ooh I like to watch the young ones play. My nephew plays for Moldgreen...will see if they have been invited too. They were last time. The young ones love it..playing on the hallowed turf!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Will deffo try matey. Great news and a superb incentive for the kids!!!
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 7:10 pm

My favourite moment from last time was when a little 6 year old (I think) who played for Moldgreen scored a try. He had a shirt on that went down to his knees. He was so sweet. He got the ball and they were supposed to score just on the other side of the cones, however, he thought he was playing for the Giants and made a run for the posts and scored slap bang under the middle of the sticks! He turns round and raises his hands in the air in celebration! Fantastic.. he got a round of applause and big cheer. Maybe one day he will be doing it for real!
Back to top Go down
kirkysmum
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:09 pm

Meltham All Blacks will also have a team there. From the information I have seen there looks to be 8 teams in total. The kids will love it.
My son played when he was in the under 8's before one of the International games 5 years ago it was a brilliant experience for him (and me as a parent).
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Gem Bob wrote:

Smile

I heard they were a dirty lot, grapples and stuff.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:16 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:

Smile

i totally blame the coach
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:24 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:

Smile

You should see the chicken wing tackles he teaches them down at KFC Wink
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:25 pm

Yeah, deffo!
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:39 pm

ponner wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:

Smile

i WONT TELL YER WHAT KIRKYS MUM TEACHES THEIR LOT!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:48 pm

penninegiant wrote:
ponner wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:

Smile

i WONT TELL YER WHAT KIRKYS MUM TEACHES THEIR LOT!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Don't even start on Meltham All Blacks because my uncle trains them! They are ace little players who will be playing for the Giants when they are old enough!
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:06 am

ooooooooohhhhhhh !!!!

a little bit tetchy I suspect !! Wink Very Happy

Im off!! Wink
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 10:56 am

Meltham Giant wrote:
penninegiant wrote:
ponner wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:

Smile

Don't even start on Meltham All Blacks because my uncle trains them! They are ace little players who will be playing for the Giants when they are old enough!

New coach next season though T. Wink
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 1:02 pm

Well to be honest, My uncle may have taught them a few things.. but its a different age Reidy! He trains the under 11's
Back to top Go down
kirkysmum
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 4:00 pm

Meltham Giant wrote:
Well to be honest, My uncle may have taught them a few things.. but its a different age Reidy! He trains the under 11's

Is your Uncle Robert King?

Meltham are lucky to have excellent coaches at all ages, it was a shame that the under 12s didn't carry on though. A few of their players moved up to our age group and have played well against older opposition at least 2 of them are going to the service area trials.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 5:05 pm

kirkysmum wrote:
Meltham Giant wrote:

Is your Uncle Robert King?

Meltham are lucky to have excellent coaches at all ages, it was a shame that the under 12s didn't carry on though. A few of their players moved up to our age group and have played well against older opposition at least 2 of them are going to the service area trials.

No, My uncle is Richard Ellis.
Back to top Go down
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 8:00 pm

Sounds good....what time we talking?
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:57 pm

The kids loved it, i can lay claim to refereeing on the hallowed turf and the kids to playing on it. Thornhill lost 3 - 2 to Shaw Cross but Thornhill played against the sun for the first half then the second was cut short.........

My lad just couldn't resist:

Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser 1001263w
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:59 pm

Well done Shaw Cross Smile
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Well done to all the young un's , will be something they remember always and a story to tell when they are older.

I Played in same team as Richard Ellis for Huddersfield Inter Town under 18's, coached by Chris Foster, that was some years ago!! Neutral
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:30 pm

Brill for the young ones. Lets hope there's more to come of them!
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 2:59 pm

reidy wrote:
Brill for the young ones. Lets hope there's more to come of them!

Aiiiii cos it starts at this age nowadays, from 12 upwards they are generally signed to some teams scholarship if they good enough.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 7:31 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Well done to all the young un's , will be something they remember always and a story to tell when they are older.

I Played in same team as Richard Ellis for Huddersfield Inter Town under 18's, coached by Chris Foster, that was some years ago!! Neutral

How many years we talking here? 50? Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser   Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser Empty

Back to top Go down

Giants v Leeds Curtain Raiser
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next