Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saint Helens in Semis

Go down 
+15
defleppard
Giant-Dragon
giants4eva15
GiantsRock123
penninegiant
Meltham Giant
reidy
washy
BO JANGLES
FLYINGPROP
matt01
joek
ponner
dannablue
Gem Bob
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Saint Helens in Semis Empty
PostSubject: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptySun May 31, 2009 4:56 pm

I hoped we could have got Wire, or even Wigan but the more i think about it the more i think Saints will be a good game for us.

Nathan Brown said on the TV that Saints can't win forever and i think he is right. There is no reason why we can't beat them. And if we can iron out our errors i really believe we can and will be in the final.

(Only bummer is im on holiday for both the Semi and Final!!)
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptySun May 31, 2009 5:59 pm

Whoever we got in the semi final was going to be tough - to win the cup we have got to beat whoever is in our path. This time its Saints, at least if we can beat them in the semi it means we dont have to face them in the final!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptySun May 31, 2009 6:04 pm

We can do it with a little more composure when we create chances.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptySun May 31, 2009 6:15 pm

oh no! can't stand them. well even nadal lost today in paris, so thats a good omen!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptySun May 31, 2009 7:30 pm

If we can show the commitment that we had today and at the same time cut out the errors then Saints are for the taking. Its a big ask, but if we are going to with the cup then that is what they need to do.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptySun May 31, 2009 10:00 pm

To win the C/C you are gonna come up against the top sides and have to beat them.

Saints are a good draw for us, they have to lose sometime and won't be relishing facing us in the Semi's, just look at Leeds in 2006.

They had all bought their tickets as thought they would hammer us, what fun it was to bump into em all at the services on way down to Twickenham.

Lets hope this is finally our time and the year of the Giant, it has been sleeping far too long Smile Saint Helens in Semis 21033 Saint Helens in Semis 21033
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Well we are a lot better equipped to beat them now than when we played them last time, also there hasn't been the same amount of back slapping and going completely over the top that there was last time, A bit more controlled this time around i think. Saints are not as dominant as they were + its a long time to the game so both ours and their form could have gone and come again by then . EOTD we will have 13 men on they field same as them, we need to get up in their faces and knock em about a bit and we have every chance, we just can't afford to play like we did against Cas, Against a team like Saints , you get a chance you better score, cause you can be dammed sure they will,
I've seen us beat them at Wembley, Ill be happy to see us beat them in the semi and take on either of Wolves or the crusties in the final.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 1:12 pm

At Warrington on the 9Th August 4pm ko!!

The Giants initial allocation will be in three blocks of the North Stand and the West Stand terrace and, prices for these tickets are as follows:

North Stand (Block C): Adults £25, Concessions £10
North Stand (Blocks A & B): Adults £20, Concessions £8
West Stand (standing): Adults £15, Concessions £5
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 9:33 pm

Going for my tickets tomorrow. Who's sitting or standing? We're going to stand behind the posts.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 9:35 pm

Standing mate.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 10:39 pm

is it same places as we had few year ago?
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 10:51 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Well we are a lot better equipped to beat them now than when we played them last time, also there hasn't been the same amount of back slapping and going completely over the top that there was last time, A bit more controlled this time around i think. Saints are not as dominant as they were + its a long time to the game so both ours and their form could have gone and come again by then . EOTD we will have 13 men on they field same as them, we need to get up in their faces and knock em about a bit and we have every chance, we just can't afford to play like we did against Cas, Against a team like Saints , you get a chance you better score, cause you can be dammed sure they will,
I've seen us beat them at Wembley, Ill be happy to see us beat them in the semi and take on either of Wolves or the crusties in the final.

Ill be absolutely delirious --and though it would be slightly unusual for me --p----------d as a f---------t!!! Embarassed

Sorry!! Wink Very Happy

(53 years is a b-----y long time!!!!) pray
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 10:58 pm

.................but talking seriously about the semi --why the dickens (see Mr Mod I can behave) do we -as semi finalists -- get no standing tickets on the side (North Stand)--but are "stuck behind trhe sticks !!!
I can live with it for a league game against warington- but damn it all why should saints fans get tha WHOLE side??

Hells bells --We`re always TOLD where to SIT !!-(or else you vill be shot!)

Absolute disgrace the "democratic allocation " if you ask me!! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 10:59 pm

ponner wrote:
Going for my tickets tomorrow. Who's sitting or standing? We're going to stand behind the posts.

course you are !!
you aint got a lotta choice!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:06 pm

Meltham Giant wrote:

sadly ---NO! Sad
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:26 pm

penninegiant wrote:
Meltham Giant wrote:

sadly ---NO! Sad

Does that mean we have been allocated the whole of the Standing areas? If so that is absolutely Ridiculous! Why not share it 50/50? Neutral
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:39 pm

I think due to us having a smaller following than Saints and tickets being sold in blocks then we've been given the smaller standing area which is behind the sticks while Saints have been given the larger standing area down the side.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:53 pm

It is also from the experience in 2004 when many saints fans were removed from the behind the sticks for their own safety due to overcrowding! Remember the ground has only just opened and many aspects had to be reviewed after the very first game and the semi final! I was working at the semi final dont think I will be this time though!! Warrington visited our ground so many times while the HJ was being built and repayed our hospitality by allowing us the opportunity to work there Saints were also asked but on around 3 volunteered!! Whereas we took a coach load!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:56 pm

I was stood down the side last time and it was a mix of Saints and Fartown fans, why not have that again?
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 10:58 pm

why not indeed Matt

The RL are funnelling toward segregation --and then argue the "family friendly" game principle !

Somehow - it doesn`t ring true to me ! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
GiantsRock123

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Giants Semi Final- Giants v St Helens   Saint Helens in Semis EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 7:06 pm

Smile LOL. I'm going,But 1 lil problem,Its on my birthday!!. Lets hope we win it!.Who else is going? lol! drunken Sleep tongue
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 10:59 am

GiantsRock123 wrote:
Smile LOL. I'm going,But 1 lil problem,Its on my birthday!!. Lets hope we win it!.Who else is going? lol! drunken Sleep tongue

Could be one of the best birthday presents you ever get. Smile
Back to top Go down
GiantsRock123

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Smile Saint Helens in Semis 21033 Saint Helens in Semis 21033 Saint Helens in Semis 21033 LOL. I sure hope it is!!! I'm new here, I only registed yesterday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
giants4eva15
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 82
Location : the giants are my religion, the galpharm my church!
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:21 pm

ill be there with the rest of my family...heres hoping we win Smile
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:56 pm

Well welcome to the forum GiantsRock123 and great to see you posting mate, keep it up Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis Empty

Back to top Go down

Saint Helens in Semis
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next