Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saint Helens in Semis

Go down 
+15
defleppard
Giant-Dragon
giants4eva15
GiantsRock123
penninegiant
Meltham Giant
reidy
washy
BO JANGLES
FLYINGPROP
matt01
joek
ponner
dannablue
Gem Bob
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GiantsRock123

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:18 pm

Hiya n Thanks FLYINGPROP!

Giants4Eva can I ask something, how do you do that thing at the bottom of your post? where it says Giants4Eva15 then Paul Jackson??
Back to top Go down
giants4eva15
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 82
Location : the giants are my religion, the galpharm my church!
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:44 pm

i had someone make it for me...if you go to homepage theres a list of sections of the forum...go to art department and put in a request and someone will gladly help... Smile
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:14 pm

Either Mark (Ponner) or Claire (Giantdwarf sorry, dragon....) will be able to assist you in this matter!!
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:38 pm

reidy wrote:
Either Mark (Ponner) or Claire (Giantdwarf sorry, dragon....) will be able to assist you in this matter!!

oh haha how funny are you? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:40 pm

Giant-Dragon wrote:
reidy wrote:

HAHA! Giantdwarf! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:39 am

Meltham Giant wrote:
Giant-Dragon wrote:
reidy wrote:

*glares*

Why dont i just have my name changed to Giant-Midget or something XD
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
GiantsRock123

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:13 pm

Heyy, I found it straight after I posted this LOL GIANTDWARF!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:16 pm

Giant-Dragon wrote:
Meltham Giant wrote:
Giant-Dragon wrote:
reidy wrote:

*glares*

Why dont i just have my name changed to Giant-Midget or something XD

Sorry honey, you know I'm only pullin yer chain!

What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
GiantsRock123

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 6:41 am

LOL :P
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:36 pm

Quote :
Huddersfield Giants continue to report brisk sales for the club’s Carnegie Challenge Cup semi-final at the Halliwell Jones Stadium on August 9th, with only single seats remaining of the North Stand allocation, which nears a sell-out.

The club have also asked the RFL for an additional allocation for the East Stand, with high levels of sales recorded in this area, and seating options at a premium. With just over 6 weeks remaining to the fixture, Ticket Office Administrator Rachel Chambers is pleased with the volume of sales.

“We have been delighted with the response of supporters to date, and we anticipate that with 6 weeks to go to the game, sales will continue to be very strong and our allocations in different areas will sell-out. I’m sure that come August 9th, the Halliwell Jones Stadium will be awash with claret and gold.”
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:50 pm

anyone agree that if we are to beat saints we are going to have to try and play more open football

we cant try and overpower them up the middle it just wont work.it may work against the likes of salford but not guys like puletua graham and chums

watching cas last night they were looking like the classy cas of old that is the type of ball movement isuggest we need and from what ive seen so far we havent produced similar

we got the toughest draw our pack power would have seen off warrington and wigan maybe but stains are another level.a great chance to get to wembley if they can get the flair along with the power
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Sorry carn´t agree, play open expansive game ,and Saints will rip us to pieces, play like we did early on, so called spoiling tactics, slowing down at the ruck, that got up the nose´s of Matterson, and Morgan, we have to be fast out of the line in defence, and play out our six in attack, against Saints the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 7:39 pm

boomer wrote:
Sorry carn´t agree, play open expansive game ,and Saints will rip us to pieces, play like we did early on, so called spoiling tactics, slowing down at the ruck, that got up the nose´s of Matterson, and Morgan, we have to be fast out of the line in defence, and play out our six in attack, against Saints the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

Who wants to watch expansive rugby anyway, plow the ball up the middle, get the wingers in to do their share an all, Get three and four men into the tackle really slow it down, just like Wigan today, should be a great game to watch and incidently the very tactics we have been useing against Saints for years, with very little success. I would take a win against saints anyway it came ,but i would rather us beat them playing decent football.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:09 pm

Bo. i think most of us want to watch open flowing rugby, and we have seen it from the Giants, but against Saints l agree with you, we have to keep it very tight, the slower, uglier, meaner it is, the more chance we have of winning, but at the moment we are making too many mistakes, not calm enough, and taking too many wrong options, all this can be put right, and it had better be, or its the end of our cup dreams. Saints are the most ruthless team in SL, just one mistake could be one too many.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Saints have been run close a few times this season, they are no better that Leeds were when we beat them, If we continue to make mistakes like we have been doing we will get tonked anyway , some of the sides we have played have not been good enough to take advantage, some have, but it is not very often Saints dont punish you for a error. I think as always it will depend on the pack holding their own, if they can compete and we have the likes of Cudjo and Lawrence in the backs, we have every chance to match them, Remember this is on Nat TV, let play with a bit of style i say, the other way has never worked for us ,so whats to lose.
I do understand what you are saying about slowing them right down, but It's poor stuff to watch, and what then if we win ,same thing in the final so that everyone can say what a load of crap it was , Win or lose i would rather see a bit of style.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:37 pm

personally i don't think we can afford to get into an arm wrestle with saints
if any team can turn defence into attack in the blink of an eye its them

that dont mean we should chuck the ball around willy nilly in our own twenty the trick is to get up their end but then dont be afraid to give it some width and go for broke

getting them playing catch up football is the only way for us
have them forcing passes they wouldnt do normally

though its a while back now was encouraged by the way we took the game to them this season we dominated territory
a similar effort will do but then we have to take afew risks to get some points on the board
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:06 pm

defleppard wrote:
personally i don't think we can afford to get into an arm wrestle with saints
if any team can turn defence into attack in the blink of an eye its them

that dont mean we should chuck the ball around willy nilly in our own twenty the trick is to get up their end but then dont be afraid to give it some width and go for broke

getting them playing catch up football is the only way for us
have them forcing passes they wouldnt do normally

though its a while back now was encouraged by the way we took the game to them this season we dominated territory
a similar effort will do but then we have to take afew risks to get some points on the board

Totally agree, although i do see what Boomer is saying, It must be a big temptation to try to keep it a slugging match against a team like Saints.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:59 am

Whichever way we play lets go out and whup their sorry asses.

It's about time someone broke their stranglehold on the trophy and lets remember it's the year of the Giant!!

Smile Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 21033 Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 21033 Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 21033 pray
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:11 pm

The biggest thing for me is the man in the middle???
especially with the saints fans down the sides shouting offside,forward pass etc. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:13 pm

bostock wrote:
The biggest thing for me is the man in the middle???
especially with the saints fans down the sides shouting offside,forward pass etc. Rolling Eyes

.............another one getting in the Michael Jackson hype!! Mad Mad Mad

Wink
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 6:40 pm

I agree with many others, we need to be bigger and strong than them, really frustrate the hell out of Saints. Get in their faces with a fast defensive line and then look to play the ball as fast as possible when in attack. However we also need to take our chances, that means decent support play.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 9:25 am

Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 12:09 pm

reidy wrote:
Lets hope this link is true......

Very sporting Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Yeah, but true! Get well fairly soon, Long.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:32 pm

Want to beat them wityh a full team out so they can't come up with all the excuses.

If Long is missing they will deffo miss him but Eastwood ain't too bad as cover.

Love the link above to Sky Sports where it says Long is hoping to be fit for the C/Cup final and then adds as long as they beat Huddersfield of course!!

Lets ruddy beat em and beat em proper in the Semi so Old Longy won't have to worry about rushing back for no Final.

Some stage this season people are gonna sit up and take notice of the Giants!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saint Helens in Semis   Saint Helens in Semis - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saint Helens in Semis
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next