Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jamie Simpson

Go down 
+15
Mable_syrup
matt01
penninegiant
boomer
Meltham Giant
BO JANGLES
DYSON28
joek
reidy
Gem Bob
adelaide-giant.no9
ponner
dannablue
Clock-Face-Giant
defleppard
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Jamie Simpson - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:57 pm

I was told some time ago from a very good source that Mason had re-signed on a decent length contract, I suppose time will tell just how reliable the source is. I would really like Lunt to stay, and the way things are shaping i would say Grix is certain to be offered further employment, Like Gem i would be happy to see Griffin stay, But if there is anything in the Aussie prop thing, someone is deffinitly going to have to go.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:49 pm

I heard from Mason's cousin who works with me that Keith has signed a contract with us that will see him reach a testimonial at the Giants along with Kevin Brown.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Back on topic

Bit disappointed that Simpson won't be lining up at centre for the claret and gold at Craven Park.Lawrence will return but so far he has only looked outstanding on defence.

If we are being very honest about Hodgson his contribution when he came on against Wigan was poor,lot's of sideways running and seemed to be wanting to avoid straight up collisions.

So down the right flank McGillvary and Cudjoe have done great stuff and can be trusted,but on the left side there are still grave concerns over the Lawrence/Hodgson partnership,which is why I would have liked to see Simpson get the nod as left centre.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:20 pm

defleppard wrote:
Back on topic

Bit disappointed that Simpson won't be lining up at centre for the claret and gold at Craven Park.Lawrence will return but so far he has only looked outstanding on defence.

If we are being very honest about Hodgson his contribution when he came on against Wigan was poor,lot's of sideways running and seemed to be wanting to avoid straight up collisions.

So down the right flank McGillvary and Cudjoe have done great stuff and can be trusted,but on the left side there are still grave concerns over the Lawrence/Hodgson partnership,which is why I would have liked to see Simpson get the nod as left centre.

To be honest mate I don't get what you mean. You say how you're disappointed that Simpson hasn't got a place yet for the past fortnight he has done nothing. Yet Mcgilvary has been great for us.

Then go on to say how you don't think Hodgson should get a spot because he has done nothing??

The fact is a winger relies heavily on his centre, If by the time he gets the ball the defence has slid down he can't be expected to do anything with it other than run it in. Wingers aren't known for busting defence.
It is down to the backs to get the ball out wide quicker than the defence or for a gift from the centre.

For some reason Hodgson seems to be taking all the flack. To be fair a winger probably touches the ball less than any other player and so to blame Hodgson imo is scapegoating.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:02 am

everyteam has a scapegoat fella, and when the winger drops the ball he gets the stick, even if the pass was poor
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 10:38 am

I'd like Simpson to be given a consistent run in the centres now,let's see what he's got to offer.He wasn't flown 12,000 miles to languish in the reserves.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:42 pm

l,d give him a consistant run when he shows some consistancy, Good against the Bulls (a bad team)
Bad against Wigan (a good team) ???
U20s for a week or 3, on last weeks performances Cudjoe and Hodgson should be joining him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jamie Simpson
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3