Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jamie Cording

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Jamie Cording Empty
PostSubject: Jamie Cording   Jamie Cording EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Big big game on defence today,outstanding,offers next to nowt going forward,much like Bruno.Right decision to ditch Bruno.

Scapegoating whingers from rl fools FO,not interested in your usual boredome

Brett Ferres,outstanding talent.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Jamie Cording Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Cording   Jamie Cording EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:38 am

i thought Cording did OK in attack. He was very unlucky to have his try chalked off after running a superb attacking line. In the second half his backing up to support Murphy was excellent just unlucky Murphy's offload was so low.

Considering Cording is still relatively inexperienced compared to Ferres i would not really compare them yet.

Lawrence was not dropped he was injured with a torn calf muscle

What i do find surprising is that after our best performance of the season you seem to find the need to start a thread attacking one of our players Shocked
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Jamie Cording Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Cording   Jamie Cording EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:32 am

Durham Giant wrote:
i thought Cording did OK in attack. He was very unlucky to have his try chalked off after running a superb attacking line. In the second half his backing up to support Murphy was excellent just unlucky Murphy's offload was so low.

Considering Cording is still relatively inexperienced compared to Ferres i would not really compare them yet.

Lawrence was not dropped he was injured with a torn calf muscle

What i do find surprising is that after our best performance of the season you seem to find the need to start a thread attacking one of our players Shocked

You have to remember Durham that this is a forum, people come on here to give their opinions, DL has one opinion, you have one, everyone has one.

I was over the moon with yesterdays showing, It was what i was calling for in the Leeds thread and they delivered in full. I would say that P Anderson got his game plan spot on. I would say ( In hindsight of course ) he reckoned that defence against a big strong pack was going to be the key, and it proved to be just that, every team usually gets a few chances in a game even when they spend a lot of it defending , but the Giants did better than that they created chances and took them.
That scoreline actually flattered Leeds, we could so easily have had more ( why a 18 stone prop in full flow would try and go round a 12 stone fullback 10 metre's from the line is a bit of a mystery to me ) That said i thought Crabtree had an immense game, along with Ferris Cudjo and one or two more, In fact the whole team, Brough once again Outstanding in pegging Leeds back,and his tackling was nonstop, Grix brought off 2 huge tackes , and Murphy just get better.
Just need another home draw now, Hull or Catalan would be good, don't want to meet Warrington again till Wembley.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Jamie Cording Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Cording   Jamie Cording EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Not quite sure what you think cording did wrong. His line running is really improving and I would say is behind only chan and ferres this season in those terms. If Murphys pass hadn't been so poor he'd of scored and if in the first 5 minutes of the game with zero on the board he'd have been given BOD for his other effort. Hes showing a bit of "spirit" in the tackle too Wink I think he offers a lot to the side and another young British lad in our team is to be applauded. Every side needs steady dependable cheap squad players and I think cording offers just a bit more than that.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Jamie Cording Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Cording   Jamie Cording EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:13 am

Could have sworn I came on here to praise Cording.He was stopping them dead at first contact,impressive,though he was blowing out of his rear end at certain times,I was thinking then God I hope they don't run at him right now.

You make a good point Jools about cheap dependable squad players.From my POV now though I always tend to think of back up players in terms of are they going to be good enough replacements in the long run to help us win a trophy,as many say a trophy is the only way our crowds will get to acceptable levels.If the attendances don't increase I could see us going back to be a mid table team as costs have to be cut.Ken is not a total bottomless pit in terms of a cash source and just how much has he spent already.

Back to the game,I've changed my mind,our best player was Danny McGuire LOL,niggly,gives up penalties,intercepts and far too slow these days to get through a gap.Dan and Sir Kev must now be the slowest halves combo in the SL.

Bo,agree about Eorl,by arcing like that he just presented himself as a target,he should have done what Waterhouse did to Jez last week,run right over the top of Zak.Other than that though Eorl was immense,really set his sights on Peacock all game,so much so that think Jamie only got two offloads away all the 80,thought despite his usual many carries JP was fairly ineffective in this one.

Concerned because Leeds made 57 and 56 metres on their first two sets,but what set the standard was the way we diffused the bombs on the last tackle plays of those sets,contrast that with Hardakers fumble that led to our opening try.In Jez,Grixy & Smurph we have 3 players with some of the safest hands in the game.Ponners avatar is spot on.

Must mention Robinson,thought he was very good on Sat,a couple of excellent passes to the front runners,the one that set Eorl on that arc and one to Chan earlier that opened up Leeds on our right edge,Got Leeds well on the back foot.Also that excellent shift out to Cudjoe for the break that ended with the Wardle 4 pointer on the other edge.

Leeds were rattled,had chances but poor execution let them down,but then we were spotting decoys not jumping out at them,and scrambling well if needed.When Delaney took that power play right in front of our sticks it just about summed up their day.

Ukuma played his part,but does get spotted for some gang tackles.

There is no better sight than Cudjoe galloping away on the outside,need to see more of it,We need to [stevoism] start utilising dummy runners more efficiently to get him the space to get outside his opposite centre more often.

Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Jamie Cording Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Cording   Jamie Cording EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:20 am

Agree totally. It was a great day to be a Giants fan.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

Jamie Cording Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Cording   Jamie Cording Empty

Back to top Go down

Jamie Cording
Page 1 of 1