Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should Danny Brough play against Saints?

Go down 
+9
Giant-Dragon
reidy
matt01
FLYINGPROP
CJ
Durham Giant
DYSON28
Pharmergibbs
ponner
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Should Danny Brough play against Saints? Empty
PostSubject: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:47 pm

It's a toughy IMO. With him he could be the one who could tip the balance and win it for us. But on the other hand I doubt he will have had time to get used to our defensive pattern and reading our plays. So personally i'd say no for this game.
Your opinions?
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Agree, no. Give him a week or so and throw him in against catalans. Chances may be few and far between against saints, others need to know how to play with him first
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Agree, a team thats won three on the trot if he plays against saints and we lose he will be used as a scape goat.. let him get settled in.No player should walk straight into a winning team IMO i think this is a really good signing though!
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:10 pm

He should play and i think he will.

Robbo knew he was going to hooker last season. Our system is so well organised that he will be able to slot in very quickly.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Ballboy
Ballboy
CJ

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:24 pm

I would play him and I'm sure he would want to play to show to the fans that he is a better player than Kyle Eastmond.
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 pm

'IF' he does play who will be the unlucky man not included in the squad ??
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 5:13 pm

DYSON28 wrote:
Agree, a team thats won three on the trot if he plays against saints and we lose he will be used as a scape goat.. let him get settled in.No player should walk straight into a winning team IMO i think this is a really good signing though!

Brett got straight back in against Quins!! Wink
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:45 pm

Play him. We have signed him because of his skills, no point him watching from the stands.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:47 pm

matt01 wrote:
Play him. We have signed him because of his skills, no point him watching from the stands.

Yeah get some use out of the investment!
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Chuck him in the deep end if he wants to play, see how he fairs Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:41 am

I reckon he is certain to be on the bench, When Lunt needs a spell, Robbo to Hooker, "enter Danny boy "
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:50 am

signing brough is a big gamble, he reminds me of todd carney in the fact that if you control him and let him play he will be immense, let him get away with murder etc and he will ruin the dressing room.. i believe brown can control this player so i am happy he has signed
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:39 pm

Wink Changed my mind stick him in ...no Wellens let him kick em outta game Smile Neutral
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:03 pm

Get him in there!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 6:07 pm

Don't think we got him mid-season for no reason when we could have got him at the end of season for nowt.

Chuck him in on bench, let him earn his corn and let him see what a Giant welcome can be like, if he does as I think he will and takes us to that next level, missing piece of NB jigsaw was our kicking game, think we just solved it!!!!. Smile Should Danny Brough play against Saints? 21033
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 6:50 pm

DYSON28 wrote:
'IF' he does play who will be the unlucky man not included in the squad ??

If it's Scott Grix who makes way,he can consider himself extremely unlucky,imo he's been a real success story coming off the bench.It could be argued he has pepped up our attack to an even higher level when he has been introduced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Danny Brough play against Saints?   Should Danny Brough play against Saints? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Danny Brough play against Saints?
Page 1 of 1