Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All these Brough rumours

Go down 
+13
Acko
Ivor C&G Scarf
washy
Pharmergibbs
Giant-Dragon
Clock-Face-Giant
Giantdee
FLYINGPROP
BO JANGLES
reidy
Gem Bob
matt01
ponner
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

All these Brough rumours Empty
PostSubject: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:05 am

Taken from the Wakefield site on RLFans
Quote :
This is what i heard last night

Danny Broughs Last game last night.
Going to Huddersfield for 15k a year more.
We are getting 100k + a player from Huddersfield who is in their first 17. (This could be griffin)
Apparently Danny is in debt and the chairman is paying this off as well.

If this is true i am happy for both club and Danny. As think both parties can now move on.
I doubt it's true but there seems to have been alot of rumours about him coming to us for a while now.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:05 am

If we are swapping him for a prop that would be a mistake. Still if the deal was right then he is an excellent signing. Although competition in the halves and hooking positions would be a bit over the top in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:06 am

I'm not sure myself, i don't think we need him - and lets be honest - Wakefield played better last night with him off the field Wink
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:57 am

Leave him where he is imho. He plays well in spurts and there isn't any continuation week on week.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:09 pm

He would be the best British halfback we could buy, But not in the circumstances mentioned, I would be amazed if K Davy was to buy him now when he will be a free agent at the end of the season, although there will be many clubs trying for him then. He didn't have the greatest game last night, but i have seen him when he has been the best player on the pitch by a country mile, And to be fair we have plenty of players that dont turn up some weeks.
What Brough does have is a kicking game second to none, he has tremendous pace, and is one of the best passes of the ball i have ever seen, His long pass is almost on a par with Garreth Edwards and they just dont get any better than he was. I was disapointed when he didn't come this season, and I'm hopeful he will be here next, with Robbo playing hooker. As regards Griffin going back to Wakey, I dont believe K D or NB are the type who point loaded guns at their own feet, nor do i think Griffin would go back there after the grief he got. Hope this is all nonsense as it would be the wrong circumstances to buy him entirely. We shall see in the fullness of time.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Now people on RLFANS are mentioning Aspers and Kirmond for the Trinity all star. What do you guys think to that. I would be disappointed to lose either as I regard Kirmond as a quality back rower, although Brown had thoughts on him becoming a front rower and Aspinwall has played very well in the back row recently and of course could cover for the wing.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Aspy's impressed me at 2nd row so far this season and i rate Kirmond highly so i'd rather not lose either of them. I'd not be too unhappy to see Finnigan go in exchange though if it was true. I'm trying to find out if the rumours are true or not as I type. Wink
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:27 pm

I think it is likely we would have to do swaps otherwise we wouldn't manage it in the salary cap.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:21 pm

matt01 wrote:
If we are swapping him for a prop that would be a mistake. Still if the deal was right then he is an excellent signing. Although competition in the halves and hooking positions would be a bit over the top in my opinion.

Unless it was Korki!!!

A deal with Korki and Finnigan wouldn't be a bad move IMO, Brough would add that little spark we sometimes have (or had?) missing against the so called bigger teams.

Fouey will be out of contract at end of season, Drewy may move into a coaching role.

That leaves Robbo as rotation hooker with Lunty, only thing is where does McNally fit into the jigsaw?
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:14 am

Kirmond seems a strange one - unless it was a loan for salary cap reasons? We do have loads of backrow options this season, but DK should be a key in the long term.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:05 am

Well I like Danny Brough and I hope we sign him Wink
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:29 pm

ponner wrote:
Well I like Danny Brough and I hope we sign him Wink

I do too mate, but i am not convinced about this at all. I can see all the things F prop has said and agree, I'm just not sure this is the time to do it, Why not the start of the season rather than 6 weeks in, Having said all that i would be happy to have him, but not at the expense of Kirmond or Aspinwall, There are those i would trade, but would still rather he came with the winter to practice.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:38 pm

After the way Aspinwall has played since getting back in the side I would be sad to see him go. What a barnstorming drive for his try today. If that does turn out to be his last appearance for the club then he is certainly going out on a high.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:00 pm

I would be very sorry to see Aspinwall go, and even more so Kirmond, Aspinwall looks better and better, he has great upper body strength combined with speed.

They were talking about Brough coming to the Giants on Radio Leeds when i switched on but missed most of it, so there is maybe a bit more to it than the usual regular rumors.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Don't think Danny is off anywhere tbh.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:44 pm

Well all will be revealed in time Scott, We are far from desperate are we ?
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:08 pm

Nah mate, we're not. Keep yer eyes and ears open though What a Face
Back to top Go down
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:03 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
I would be very sorry to see Aspinwall go, and even more so Kirmond, Aspinwall looks better and better, he has great upper body strength combined with speed.

They were talking about Brough coming to the Giants on Radio Leeds when i switched on but missed most of it, so there is maybe a bit more to it than the usual regular rumors.

Tottally agree about Aspinwall and Kirmond i personally would have these 2 over Brough any day (i really really am not a D Brough fan)

Only heard part of the radio leeds thing myself but Jamie bloem and Julien Gaunt were both saying that Brough wouldnt fit into N Brown and Giants way (I think Maverick was trhe word used)
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:44 pm

Never mind that would he get in? Wink Neutral
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:40 pm

Im starting to get a little worried now because Brett has been thrown into it Sad
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:19 am

League express is pretty confident, Robinson also confirmed he was fully aware of the giants getting brough before he signed up so it looks like a bit of hooking for robbo and a new half back partner for kevin. I think brough coming would be a great signing but would not look so good if kirmond was a makeweight. We would be crazy to let him go and to be honest I would rather keep him than get brough. Looking through all the press however kirmond is not mentioned once so hopefully just rumour and nonsense. I wonder if faiumu may be going the other way, he is out of contract at the end if this year, upto yesterday this would not have upset me too much but he was a different class against the whinos. We will see but I am sure that the flood of creative players we would have and the salary cap would have to dictate departures. Oh well we will see, in brown we trust!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:11 pm

Just been reading through the Brough thread on the other side, About 10 pages of the usual dummy spitting, back biting, last word at all costs stuff that it usually is when anything to do with Wakey ever comes up. There's nobody in either camp seems the least bit interested in Brough himself, It's just about who's getting the best deal, whether the Giants are having to pay a fee, 10 pages of claptrap trying to get the upperhand, When not one of them knows the terms he will be coming on (If he comes ).
I would have thought there would be one or two on there adult enough to know that the deal ( if done ) will be beneficial to both sides in some way, It seems fairly obvious to me that If the Giants want him and can't wait till he is off contract, than that gives Wakey a bargaining chip, On the other hand If Wakey are prepared to let their best player go with only 6 games played, then that would seem to point to them needing to let it happen ( or they would just wait till the end of the season )

Personally I couldn't care less who finishes best out of any deal that may be struck, If he comes ( which now seems likely ) I will just trust that K Davy and N Brown want him enough to bring him here, I cant fault N Browns coaching since he has been here, he has improved everything about the team, so if he wants Brough, then i trust his judgment.
K Davy is a self made man ,and a very successful one at that , I dont see him having his arm twisted by anyone, If Brough come it will be because he is happy with the situation, and if he is , then so am I. What some of those Numpties on the other board dont seem to grasp, is that deals are sometimes done that are beneficial to all parties.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:14 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:

I would have thought there would be one or two on there adult enough to know that the deal ( if done ) will be beneficial to both sides in some way,
Sorry Bo Sad Sad Wink

Last edited by ponner on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:30 pm

Thats why Ponner did this board Bo, to get away from that scenario.
Very rare I go on the dark side now. Stupid arguments or every thread locked.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:34 pm

ponner wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

I would have thought there would be one or two on there adult enough to know that the deal ( if done ) will be beneficial to both sides in some way,
Sorry Bo Sad Sad Wink

Consider yourself chastised Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All these Brough rumours   All these Brough rumours Empty

Back to top Go down

All these Brough rumours
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next