Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giants 2014 rumours

Go down 
+3
BO JANGLES
TerrierGiant
ponner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Giants 2014 rumours Empty
PostSubject: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Heard a few rumours although we all probably have. Add to the list if you hear of any.
Fergy definitely going to Bull.
Broughton sounds a cert to be coming to us.
Chris Bailey at London seems to be coming to us.
Rumours of Kyle Wood returning.

Add to the list if you hear anything.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
TerrierGiant
TerrierGiant

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Gutted to see Fergy leave. Broughton would be a great signing but does this suggest George is leaving? Wouldn't be keen on Kyle Wood returning but that's just me. I'm thinking we'll be look for a scrum half to partner Brough next season (probably Wood). Also a bit of a silly one but I've heard Grix to Salford
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm not too keen on seeing Wood return. Was never impressed with him in his time with us and in his time at Wakey either. If Broughton does come then I can see Murphy going to full back and Grix moving on. I'm not a Grix hater but it's a position we can improve on as well as half back to partner Brough.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:01 pm

Possible starters for next year

Murphy
Broughton
Wardle
Cudjo
mcGilvrey

Brough,  Gaskill or other.

Lunt Robinson

Forwards  Any 5 from what we have plus Bailey.

Could see Grix going back over the hill to Lancs, where he could probably get a decent deal, also Wood coming back as squad player, The biggy still remains what it has been for a long time, The Halfback !!! am hopefull.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Well Wood is a done deal, I hope the wording of that statement doesn't indicate he is the answer to our halfback problem.
Back to top Go down
TerrierGiant
TerrierGiant

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:42 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Well Wood is a done deal, I hope the wording of that statement doesn't indicate he is the answer to our halfback problem.

Agreed, I'll be disappointed if Wood is our first choice halfback/scrum half next season.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:09 pm

I think Wood is a cover player rather than a starting 1 to 13 unless of course he takes his opportunities just like Fergy has done or Wardle did when he arrived or Eden when he was with us etc...

I'd like to hear that we are in for another big prop as the last few years would suggest we won't see that much game time out of Fielden.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:05 pm

matt01 wrote:
I think Wood is a cover player rather than a starting 1 to 13 unless of course he takes his opportunities just like Fergy has done or Wardle did when he arrived or Eden when he was with us etc...

I'd like to hear that we are in for another big prop as the last few years would suggest we won't see that much game time out of Fielden.

Give Mullally some game time for me, I have a bad feeling about Fielden coming back, hope i'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:09 pm

All this speculation,so it appears Sir Ken is carrying on for another season at least.

Who could have blamed Sir Ken for walking away at the close of this campaign after the pathetic support levels the team have had this time.

The Huddersfield public are only brain dead enough to appreciate the simple round ball game.

He also got let down by so called Fartowners at the end of last year who just wanted to tell all and sundry how they were jacking in their season tickets for 2013.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 10:01 pm

Wouldn't blame Ken for walking away. However, I feel that the team & backroom staff should bear the brunt of the ill-feeling. Fartown should've won a pot by now, but threw it away. There are various reasons as to how & why, all of which have been debated ad nauseum on here.

Poor Ken. A case of pearls before swine if ever there was one.
Back to top Go down
giantsfan
Ballboy
Ballboy
giantsfan

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm happy with the signing of Kyle Wood I don't want him as first coach maybe come off the bench to spell likes of Lunt, Robbie and maybe even Brough if we're winning convincingly. I would like to see Jodie Broughton in our team I think he is wasted at Salford
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:27 am

defleppard wrote:
All this speculation,so it appears Sir Ken is carrying on for another season at least.

Who could have blamed Sir Ken for walking away at the close of this campaign after the pathetic support levels the team have had this time.

The Huddersfield public are only brain dead enough to appreciate the simple round ball game.

He also got let down by so called Fartowners at the end of last year who just wanted to tell all and sundry how they were jacking in their season tickets for 2013.

We seem to go around in circles a bit with this DL, What you are saying is like saying that anyone who shops at the Supermarket is letting the corner shop down which will eventually close, It may well be true but it's people's choice and you won't change it.
Huddersfield public Brain dead!!! no more so than the rest of the country, for every League fan there will be 50 soccer fans, You couldn't pay me to watch it but Hey Ho.
Much as i wish things were otherwise IMO K Davy is flogging a dead horse, I can't think of anything that will make us into a League town, If we won a cup I believe support would jump up but i also belive it would be temporary, I think if Town dropped down to the 4th division they would still get better support than we do.
Also i think that a awful lot of money is being payed out to non playing staff, whether they are all needed i suppose is debatable, I don't know how much R H Paul got paid for eg! or if he did any good, but for me he seemed to keep a pretty low profile for such a big name, ( and how a club in Bradfords position can afford him leads me to reach my own conclusions, i would be very surprised if he has been tempted away with more money) As far as i know Bradford are only due half the money they normaly get next season.
Whatever K Davy does or whenever he goes, He will go with my gratitude, Without him I think we would have been bumping along the bottom for years now if we still existed at all , and i totally take the points you are trying to make and i understand that your frustration is born out of your passion for Fartown, I understand it because like many others i have been there, But you come to realise that no matter how much you cajole people, no matter how much you try to pesuade them, No matter how many appeals Mr Davy makes , or how many offers, You will not get people to do what they dont want to do.
League like anything else now is an Entertainment business, you have to give people what they want, The Giants are playing better football than they have for years, they have never been out of the top three all season, still in with a good chance at the 2 trophies, and still the people don't turn up. The horrible and unpalatable truth is written on the wall Huddersfield is a Soccer town.
If you want further proof just look at all the Forums on the PC and note how many posters there are on any of the Huddersfield sites, compare them to just about all of the other Super league clubs and you will see the level of interest in League in Huddersfield. Very sad.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 12:36 pm

As an add-on to what i posted previously, I switched Sky sports on to see what time the Golf started, just caught the last few minutes of the Lions v Aus, which the lions won easily, Commentator ( think it was Stuart Barnes ) was saying how the crowd had loved the whole atmosphere, This was a crowd of 35,000, The state of origin will get more than double that, so what are they doing in Os so much better than us. They compete with Union same as us, they compete with Os rules, which is very big. The one thing they don't have to compete with on any meaningful basis is Soccer.
This win for the Lions will be put over as massive and will get huge media coverage. If we were to beat the Aussies in a series, it would be on a par with a meteor strike and virtually nobody would know about it.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:53 pm

I don't know if its different now, but when I went to Oz the prices on the gate were much much lower than ours. Also the game was part of a longer event, so they had other things going on before the game. The bars at the ground were busy afterwards, many many more fans hung around after the game. We arrived about an hour before KO and there must have been a couple of thousand fans there before us and by KO that had increased to around 15k. How much extra revenue will that bring in. The longer people are at the ground the more they spend on food, drink and the other bits of entertainment available. We got invited back to the supporters club after the game and there must have been a few hundred there too, again more money going over the bar. The system they had then in Oz was clear, get them in cheap and then make money off the fans whilst at the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giants 2014 rumours   Giants 2014 rumours Empty

Back to top Go down

Giants 2014 rumours
Page 1 of 1