Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrington Vs Huddersfield

Go down 
+8
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
bostock
Gem Bob
ponner
BO JANGLES
JudgeB
matt01
FLYINGPROP
12 posters
AuthorMessage
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Warrington Vs Huddersfield Empty
PostSubject: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 3:03 pm

Any predictions of a scoreline and what are your expectations after the dissapointment of the Rhino's game?

I think we will quickly get it out of our system and get back on track.

Wire seem to be our bogey team and have been improving lately but think we are gonna do em.

Wire 16 Giants 28

Hodgy back to his best and motm performance. Smile Warrington Vs Huddersfield 21033 Warrington Vs Huddersfield 21033 Warrington Vs Huddersfield 21033
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Tony Smith is a quality club coach and Wire have improved since his arrival. At our place I'd fancy us, but at theirs it will be tough task. Think Wire will edge it, but we will put in a much better performance.
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 4:01 pm

We seem to have a better record at the HJ than at home to Wire.
Usually my glass is half empty but I'm going to stick my neck out and predict a close game with the Giants just edging it.

Unless thaler is in charge then we'll win comfortably. Wink

And if it's Ganson then we'll get stuffed. Wink

And if it's Alibert then I ain't got a clue Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 5:33 pm

Warrington are the perfect team for us to play, To have had a easy game like we had against CC would be no way to gauge our performance after the Rhino's, Warrington with the players they have are potentially a good side, but they have been like that for a long time, They are exactly the type of side we have to go and play full of confidence and come away with a win, We have beaten them when they have been playing a lot better than they are now , I think we will be like Leeds ,determined to bounce back and show that what we did last week was not our true form, We need fear nothing from Wire at all, there attack was made to look good by a non existent defence, and their defence was not good.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:56 pm

JudgeB wrote:
We seem to have a better record at the HJ than at home to Wire.
Usually my glass is half empty but I'm going to stick my neck out and predict a close game with the Giants just edging it.

Unless thaler is in charge then we'll win comfortably. Wink

And if it's Ganson then we'll get stuffed. Wink

And if it's Alibert then I ain't got a clue Wink Wink

Neither has he!!!! Smile Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 9:52 pm

There's either of 2 ways we'll turn out for this game. Either our confidence will have taken a massive hit and we'll struggle to overome Warrington, or we'll come out with all guns blazing to put yesterdays performance behind us by giving Wolves a reet good hiding. Hopefully it'll be the latter.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:00 pm

ponner wrote:
There's either of 2 ways we'll turn out for this game. Either our confidence will have taken a massive hit and we'll struggle to overome Warrington, or we'll come out with all guns blazing to put yesterdays performance behind us by giving Wolves a reet good hiding. Hopefully it'll be the latter.

I go with the latter, big Eorl and Keith to put desperate Dan on his sad, sorry backside cheers
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am

I think Wire will dictate our season.

Ok we have started very well but we buckled against Leeds and it looking more like our win at Bradford was something most teams are going to do.

It is absolutely imperative we bounce back at Wire, whilst the game imo is no where near as big as Leeds i really think it will be massive in terms of confidence and the ability to pick ourselves up.

Wire away is never easy but i think we will just win.

22 - 20 Giants.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:21 pm

good memories from last year,lets keep it up and stuff them Smile
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 5:17 pm

ponner wrote:

I think so to be fair. At the end of the day we lost to the champions and two years running champions at that. I guess the guys will have seen it as an opportunity missed to really send out a message of our intentions, but it's not like we got done by Salford or Celtic which really would have been s confidence destroyer.

We'll get the win, but I reckon it'll be a real bruiser of a contest because Wire will be assuming our confidence will be shot having been fattened by the Whinos....no chance my cheshire bretheren!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 8:34 am

Only thing I have to say about Sunday's game is...

...damn St George's Day Parades! Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 10:22 pm

Who's going then? I'll be there with my other half and we'll be catching a lift off Shogun, top man Smile
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 10:26 pm

Not me!! I'm at the stadium all day for the Centenary celebrations!! Would've loved to have gone but at this time of year money comes first!!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 10:31 pm

I'll shout a bit louder for you then lol Should be a decent following from us all being well. Can't wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 7:07 am

Was going to go, but the little one is poorly so will have to stay at home clearing up sick. Sad
Back to top Go down
hudders789
Ballboy
Ballboy
hudders789

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:13 pm

not looking good so far, ref is a local boy and he is showing it!!! wire 10-0 Giants. Come on giants!!!!!
Back to top Go down
hudders789
Ballboy
Ballboy
hudders789

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:16 pm

not playing well at all, we r dropping balls again!! sort it out fartown!!!
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 9:32 pm

hudders789 wrote:
not looking good so far, ref is a local boy and he is showing it!!! wire 10-0 Giants. Come on giants!!!!!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Nothing to do with the ref and posting it on the Wire board makes us look like laughing stocks. No No No
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Durham Giant wrote:
hudders789 wrote:

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Nothing to do with the ref and posting it on the Wire board makes us look like laughing stocks. No No No
i have to disagree with you on the ref DG.
he was watching us all the time and forgetting the wire,from the first tackle of the game he starved us of the ball,must have been a good 10 mins before we touched the ball by which time we were10-0 down and chasing the game.
all the play was in the giants half of the field,wire never had to work to get out of there own half.
the first half was all defending are own line,witch tired us.
thus resulting in us playing catch up rugby.
but yes from that point on we were shocking Sad
Back to top Go down
hudders789
Ballboy
Ballboy
hudders789

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:24 pm

Durham Giant wrote:
hudders789 wrote:

I have the right to post my opinions reguarding the ref, the same as the next person, yes we were poor and didnt deserve to win, im not blaming the ref for the loss, i just stated that he was penalising us out of the game, wether it is rightly so or not.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 7:01 pm

hudders789 wrote:
Durham Giant wrote:
hudders789 wrote:

I have the right to post my opinions reguarding the ref, the same as the next person, yes we were poor and didnt deserve to win, im not blaming the ref for the loss, i just stated that he was penalising us out of the game, wether it is rightly so or not.

Everyone has a right to a view however posting this on the wire board at 3.55 suggests you were not at the game ( i apologise in advance if you have one of those fancy phone gizmos)

hudders789
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted:
Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:55 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

even tho we arnt playing well, the ref is shocking, biased is a light word to use

somewhat undermines the rationale and evidenced based approach. Whether the ref was good bad or indifferent is not really the issue. everyone rightly slated Morgan for his rant. If we had lost by a score or two and bad reffing had contributed maybe it is a worthwhile point to criticise but when

Aspinwall throws stupid passes away,
Moore cannot pass the ball straight,
Brown kicks the ball dead when trying to find touch from a penalty,
Most of the forwards could not make more than five yards,
when the backs could not man for man mark and make tackles that counted,
and most of them seemed to be looking quite lethargic,

comments about blaming the ref seem a bit pointless and open to ridicule dont you think.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 7:12 pm

I would agree that everyone is entitled to a opinion, But to be honest It's getting so i can't remember the last time we lost a game that wasn't the refs fault. The good thing is that N Brown has called it how it (apparently was ) and not started talking nonsense about positives where there weren't any.
Back to top Go down
hudders789
Ballboy
Ballboy
hudders789

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 7:16 pm

I wasnt at the game, but this doesnt mean i cant voice my opinion, whether u agree with my opinion or not. I am a season ticket holder, but living in hull i have my fair share of travelling to do for home games, going to away games is a bit to costly in the current economical climate. And for the record, like i said before, i didnt blame the ref for our defeat, i was pointing out that he didnt do us any favours.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:39 pm

The ref did seem to make some very dubious decisions but we were never at the races. A shame cos we took one hell of an away following to watch that garbage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Vs Huddersfield   Warrington Vs Huddersfield Empty

Back to top Go down

Warrington Vs Huddersfield
Page 1 of 1