Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your first Huddersfield game

Go down 
+4
Ivor C&G Scarf
dannablue2
Mandy Giants Fan
ponner
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Your first Huddersfield game Empty
PostSubject: Your first Huddersfield game   Your first Huddersfield game EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:43 pm

So when was it and who were our opponents?
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Your first Huddersfield game   Your first Huddersfield game EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 12:05 pm

I watched the Giants against Warrington in July 2004, I really do not remember much about the Game Embarassed
The Game I most remember was when we played Leigh at their Ground Feb 2005, it was Freezing, the Match was on Sky and mick and I got on telly Smile , also thet Paul Smith had his Shorts pulled down and I saw his Bare Bottom, bet that was cold Wink
Back to top Go down
dannablue2

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Your first Huddersfield game   Your first Huddersfield game EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:44 pm

My first experience of rugby league was the first ever game down at the McAlpine (as was). My other half's boss was into Fartown and Town back then and got a load of the lads who worked for him to join him for the game. We met up for a drink or two first and then went down for the game. I was talked into it and thought I would be bored stiff. I went, and within 10 minutes I was asking what all the rules were, the players, etc. That was it, I was hooked! I could never understand it when people told me once a club was in your heart it was there forever, but its true. I could never support another team in RL, its the Giants all the way for me.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Your first Huddersfield game   Your first Huddersfield game EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:02 am

Haven't got a clue.

My Dad was the head gateman at Fartown during the 50s & 60s. I used to help him at 2nd team games then have a packet of crisps & ham sandwiches with the players in the Pavilion afterwards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Your first Huddersfield game   Your first Huddersfield game EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:15 pm

1991/92 the year we won the third division championship
do not remember who we played,just standing in the curved stand at fartown bounce bounce
alex murphy as coach.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Your first Huddersfield game   Your first Huddersfield game EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:47 pm

Sometime in 1953 dont remember who the oposition was but there's more than a even chance we were giving them a beating.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Your first Huddersfield game   Your first Huddersfield game EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:12 am

August - 47 - preseason friendly (yeah -?? Youre kidding!!)
Fax -we won !! both at rugby - wrestling -and boxing !!

But as a young 5(sorry almost) year old - I thought that an afternoon where you could watch three sports at once was good enough for me!! Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Your first Huddersfield game   Your first Huddersfield game EmptyWed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm

They were called the Barracudas when I first watched. Can't remember which game or what the score was. I've slept since then!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your first Huddersfield game   Your first Huddersfield game Empty

Back to top Go down

Your first Huddersfield game
Page 1 of 1