Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

and our new half back is....

Go down 
+2
Giantdee
matt01
6 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

and our new half back is.... Empty
PostSubject: and our new half back is....   and our new half back is.... EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:03 pm

... not Gale

He signed a new contract with Bradford. Personally I'm not that bothered, I don't think he is much better than Grix. He offered more kicking wise which might have helped Brough, but his defence is no better, his distribution is no better and I think Grix is possibly better in broken play.

So are there any others on the radar or are we going with what we've got?
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: and our new half back is....   and our new half back is.... EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Agree that while Gale is a decent player he is not an upgrade over Grix so that signing would have been change for changes sake. Having signed Ta'ai, Fielden and with Kopczak still to come I am not sure we have cap space for a new half unless someone goes out first.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: and our new half back is....   and our new half back is.... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Seems we are still on the look out but... is Anderson suggesting it might have to be part of some sort of part exchange? Or is he sending a message to the board that a transfer fee is needed. If that's the case we could always use the fee gained from Kevin Brown's transfer.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: and our new half back is....   and our new half back is.... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 am

Finding a decent half back is proving very hard to find at the moment but the club are still trying/searching all options to bring a class half back to the club.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: and our new half back is....   and our new half back is.... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Prince could be available or even Jacob Miller from the Wests according to this article.

Prince to Hull?
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: and our new half back is....   and our new half back is.... EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:08 am

We should have made the move for Gale when he was at Harlequins.

Seems to me now a 6 for us has to come from overseas,as its old mother hubbard time when it comes to British stand off's.

Would be good to have a true class 6,but not sure why they are getting so uptight about this.If you watch McGuire at Leeds,he is nowt very special,just can 'cut out' pass to the wings over 10 yards from either hand.That is the most important aspect of a stand offs game imo.Suppose it's all about having the vision.

The rest of his game is just linking up with the half back,to get the ball out wider,or making the odd solo break if the opportunity presents itself,plus backing up any forward bust.

I'm sure one of our current players could do an adequate job at 6 but ONLY IF the coaching structures are in place.

To me last year Grix's biggest failing was his reluctance to pass the ball behind the dummy runner to the full back coming on the arc to the touchline,I mean that's all Wigan do with Tomkins, get him on the outside behind a dummy runner.Too often our halves were hitting the dummy runner which was the safer option.Hitting the dummy runner is a necessary option but we went to that play far too often for my liking.

If they can sort that we wouldn't be far off imo.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: and our new half back is....   and our new half back is.... EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:34 pm

defleppard wrote:
We should have made the move for Gale when he was at Harlequins.

Seems to me now a 6 for us has to come from overseas,as its old mother hubbard time when it comes to British stand off's.

Would be good to have a true class 6,but not sure why they are getting so uptight about this.If you watch McGuire at Leeds,he is nowt very special,just can 'cut out' pass to the wings over 10 yards from either hand.That is the most important aspect of a stand offs game imo.Suppose it's all about having the vision.

The rest of his game is just linking up with the half back,to get the ball out wider,or making the odd solo break if the opportunity presents itself,plus backing up any forward bust.

I'm sure one of our current players could do an adequate job at 6 but ONLY IF the coaching structures are in place.

To me last year Grix's biggest failing was his reluctance to pass the ball behind the dummy runner to the full back coming on the arc to the touchline,I mean that's all Wigan do with Tomkins, get him on the outside behind a dummy runner.Too often our halves were hitting the dummy runner which was the safer option.Hitting the dummy runner is a necessary option but we went to that play far too often for my liking.

If they can sort that we wouldn't be far off imo.

A dominant pack is half the problem solved FP, I'm not Grix's gratest fan in the halves but he looked a different player in the first half of the season to the second.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: and our new half back is....   and our new half back is.... EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:34 pm

Have Catalan owt spare, they have Dureau, Price and Bosc and 3 into 2 doesn't go, Bosc has been on the wing last season, Bosc is definitely better than Grix at 6 but being French would he leave Caralans?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: and our new half back is....   and our new half back is.... Empty

Back to top Go down

and our new half back is....
Page 1 of 1