Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hodgson

Go down 
+7
Giant-Dragon
dannablue
penninegiant
ponner
matt01
FLYINGPROP
BO JANGLES
11 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:06 pm

I have to be the first to say he had a good game today, and he showed some real pace off the mark, for that first try. I reckon i owe him that after complaining about his speed latley. Well done
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Took his 1st try well and was brave, took some scoring, 2nd try showed great pace and awareness, agree with Bo top game today from the fella
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:28 pm

Yep two well taken tries. First showed speed and strength, the second a great awareness. Never doubted his ability, to score so many tries says something about his ability, however with Simpson around there is stiff competition for places so he needs to make sure his level doesn't drop, just like all the three-quarters.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:35 pm

After Lawrence threw the wild pass into touch I had some old bloke shouting at Hodgson to get off the pitch cos he was crap. How some people can bag a proven try scorer who's usually in the right place at the right time beats me. I told the old bloke to get on the pitch and so how well he could do, then we'd see who was crap.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:49 am

ponner wrote:
After Lawrence threw the wild pass into touch I had some old bloke shouting at Hodgson to get off the pitch cos he was crap. How some people can bag a proven try scorer who's usually in the right place at the right time beats me. I told the old bloke to get on the pitch and so how well he could do, then we'd see who was crap.

I never said owt!!!! Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:49 am

ponner wrote:

I never said owt!!! Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:15 am

I heard you the first time Wink
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:19 am

ponner wrote:
I heard you the first time Wink

Trouble is he couldnt remember if he had told you so he told you again anyway!!! Very Happy

I do sometimes feel that Hodgson and Lawrence get their timings wrong and Hodgson seems to be in front of Lawrence which means passes go astray but on the whole they work well together and we get some good points scored from the pair of them - 3 out of the 4 tries on Sunday so thats a good tally for starters.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:43 pm

ponner wrote:

I may have given the impression I am anti-Hodgson, Actually i have always been a fan of his , right back to his Wigan and Yorkshire days, but i have been critical of his lack of pace, However the number of tries a winger scores IMO is more about the quality of his centre, as some of the old timers on here will well remember, While ever he is scoring tries he will keep his place, but as Matt says with the strength of our squad, they will all have to be on their game.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:47 pm

I notice a few times in the second half Lawrence running with the ball in the wrong hand which might explain the wild pass he threw. Still I thought both generally had good safe games. As a team we need to figure out how to break down defences more frequently. Against Hull our forwards dominated and we dominated territory, but only scored 4 tries to 2.
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Been dropped.

Suppose the Hodgson Haters will be happy about this. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:05 am

never saw hodgy play for giants.. well i dont think i did, never really liked him that much and the only time i did see him play he was dire.. london away this year...but that was only 1 game and it might have been his worst .. but for me with the attacking backs we have we need a better combination on the left side to take advantage and hodgy doesnt do it for me..maybe if he is dropped it might give him a kick up the back side and he could come back stronger
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 8:09 am

Has he been dropped or is he being rested because of injury or knocks?
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 4:46 pm

Harsh, he's a good player and undervalued by far too many. I think he is being rested, rotation is taking place and Browny looking for best combinations.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 1:11 am

joek wrote:
Harsh, he's a good player and undervalued by far too many. I think he is being rested, rotation is taking place and Browny looking for best combinations.

if the harsh bit was aimed at me, i wasnt been that harsh, only seen him play for us once etc.. he might be great normally, well he was top scorer last season, he just hasnt been one of my favourites and you know what us fans are like with rose tinted glasses
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:02 am

matt01 wrote:
As a team we need to figure out how to break down defences more frequently. Against Hull our forwards dominated and we dominated territory, but only scored 4 tries to 2.

For my twopennerth,much of this is down to dummy half distribution being a split second too slow.Fuey's a better passer from the ground than Lunt.Nathan Brown knows all too well about this situation,which is why he put Danny Brough into acting half for much of last season.Now he is trying to make DB England's half back and fair enough it's why he signed him.We have had Kevin Brown on the right side this time stepping back towards the ruck on quite a few occasions which points to the opposition centres and wingers being too close to ours so he won't risk the pass.Got to say this,that on the left side of the ruck with DB trying to create the link so far there has been a lot of confusion.The try that was disallowed down in Wales that hit Gilmour,Gilmour was the decoy runner on that occasion the ball should have gone behind him.The threequarters on the left stand have been stood too flat and have had little momentum coming onto the ball.

Simpson I'm hoping is the type of centre who can stand up his opposite centre then accelerate away,that will help until our attack finally comes together.

They keep say they are working on the attack,let's hope today is the day it finally clicks.If Bradford stay committed to defence like Hull did and we still are struggling to get a link then it could be another tight and nervous finish.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:08 am

Personally I thought Lunt controlled the game from dummy half against Quins. It was noticeable when he was on the pitch we ticked and without him we seemed a bit flat. I agree players seem to be stood flat and decoy runners aren't quite clicking. Hopefully this is just a confidence thing and will come with time. Also we do still have Robinson to come back and he should help matters.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Errrrrr well the attack did click,great lines getting run,I think Nathan Brown likes to take the pish out of the fans as much as the opposition,he'll sort it all out in his own good time.

At the same time the defence is as rock solid as it ever was under Brown,which as speccies you can start taking a bit for granted.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:29 pm

not brilliant...again
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:57 pm

He's played worse mate, much worse...
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:38 am

i will be expecting a knock on the door from hodgy to smash my pc screen lol... only seen him in 2 games now and he has been pants in both games..i had better not watch the next match, just listen to the commentary
with screen turned off
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:18 am

To be fair he didn't have a great deal of opportunities. Not fantastic, but not bad either, effort and willingness to take the ball up was definitely there. Wigan's defence was awesome and slowed us right down, especially in the first half.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hodgson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hodgson   Hodgson Empty

Back to top Go down

Hodgson
Page 1 of 1