Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bulls v Giants this Friday

Go down 
+9
penninegiant
reidy
emziie
DYSON28
Meltham Giant
matt01
BO JANGLES
FLYINGPROP
ponner
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Bulls v Giants this Friday Empty
PostSubject: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:18 pm

It's nearly here folks!!! How's the buddies vouchers in your season tickets going? Have you managed to get rid of them for Friday? Any score and crowd predictions? Let's get some chat going in this thread in the build up to the big kick off. I was told tonight that the club are expecting in the region of 12k on Friday!!!
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:03 pm

I really really hope we go well at home in front of the sky camera's against a team I cannot stand.

I think we need to stand up this season and shake off the probs we have when playing in front of sky tv, against the so called bigger teams Leeds & Saints and in major finals/games.

Lets go out Friday and put a real marker down for the season, love to hear the Bulls fans eat humble pie and admit the Giants are a team to be reckoned with.

For me Giants 32 Bulls 6
att 11356
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:04 pm

I think it's going to be a really hard game myself, there's nothing i would like more than to give them a tubbing in front of the cameras but they were finishing well at the back end of last season, just when we were finishing poorly, I know this is a fresh start and i was very encouraged by our play at Cas, nevertheless i expect Bradford to start a lot better this season so I am going to go for a close game and say Giants 18 Bulls 16. crowd 10,000.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:39 pm

I think it will be very close. I moment of genius could well be the difference. Both sides have strong packs, they have Orford, who I really rate and could well challenge Hodgson for Man of Steel IMO, but look a bit vulnerable out wide.

I know plenty who are going, there seem to be cheap tickets a plenty, hopefully they will see a classic so that they are prepared to stump up the normal ticket prices in future. Mind you I think this game has all the ingredients to be a classic, can't wait. Hopefully the fans will be loud and get right behind the lads from the moment they come out to warm up.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:48 pm

Really lookng forward to this game. With it being on SKY i'd be very happy with crowd of 10k tbh. The bulls have a strong pack but look weaker out wide than us on paper so i'm hoping for a fast open game from our boys. Let's get behind the boys from the off and keep it going even if we go behind. All to often we've made some decent noise then as soon as we go behind the fans go silent. Be loud and proud to be a Fartowner!!!
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 3:56 pm

ponner wrote:
Really lookng forward to this game. With it being on SKY i'd be very happy with crowd of 10k tbh. The bulls have a strong pack but look weaker out wide than us on paper so i'm hoping for a fast open game from our boys. Let's get behind the boys from the off and keep it going even if we go behind. All to often we've made some decent noise then as soon as we go behind the fans go silent. Be loud and proud to be a Fartowner!!!

Your not running for president! haha Very Happy but if you were we would vote for you Smile

Think it will be a good game and i'm really looking forward to the game, can't wait! Think they will score first but think we will go in at half time winning 12-8.

We will score first in second half and win 28-16 with Attendance of just over 10k
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:36 pm

Will be nice to see an attendance of 12k but i agree with ponner quite happy with 10k i think game will start slow only the odd try in first half but we will win 26-14 Smile hope theres going to be a bit of noise i thought bradford fans were flat last year but we have drawn them right time Bulls v Giants this Friday 21033 Bulls v Giants this Friday 21033
Back to top Go down
emziie
emziie

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:01 pm

Can't wait for friday, my brother marshall is the mascot....... well jealous lol Smile
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:07 pm

So squad is:
B. Hodgson, Cudjoe, Lolesi, Whaturia, D. Hodgson, Brown, Robinson, Crabtree, Lunt, Mason, Gilmour, Fa'alogo, Raleigh, D. Griffin, Lawrence, Faiumu, Grix, Aspinwall, Horne.

What line up would you pick from that?

I'd go.
B. Hodgson
Cudjoe
Lolesi
Fatz
D. Hodgson
Brown
Robinson
Mason
Faiumu
Griffin
Gilmour
Fa'alogo
Horne

Crabtree
Lunt
Raleigh
Aspinwall
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:52 pm

No Wild, Kirmond, Finnigan or Patrick, so It may well be a rare chance for Aspy to show he's worthy of a place in the 17.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Look out for Laurens birthday greeting on the big screen!!
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:03 am

Id Go:-

B Hodgson
L Cudjoe
Jammer
Fatz
D Hodgson
K Brown
Robinson
Mason
Lunt
Griffin
Fa aloga
Gilmour
Horne

Bench:-

Crabtree
Raleigh
Grix
Faiumu
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:42 am

matt01 wrote:
So squad is:
B. Hodgson, Cudjoe, Lolesi, Whaturia, D. Hodgson, Brown, Robinson, Crabtree, Lunt, Mason, Gilmour, Fa'alogo, Raleigh, D. Griffin, Lawrence, Faiumu, Grix, Aspinwall, Horne.

What line up would you pick from that?

I'd go.
B. Hodgson
Cudjoe
Lolesi
Fatz
D. Hodgson
Brown
Robinson
Mason
Faiumu
Griffin
Gilmour
Fa'alogo
Horne

Crabtree
Lunt
Raleigh
Aspinwall

I would be happy with that, but replace Aspinwall with lawrence.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:19 am

gotta agree Bo

Sadly it appeared last season that Aspinwall has lost the hunger and "bite"

Unless thats been recovered close season (which would be great) I only see the way forward choosing enthusiastic /energetic youth as the way to go
Theyve have to ave "talent" as well of course --but so many times -sadly- at fartown - sorry huddersfield - weve gone for the "name" player and many in the past have just "come out for a run-out" in my opinion
It doesnt work in SuperLeague and passengers are a no no!!

Lawrence / Kirmond ./ Lunt / Cudjoe (almost 25% of the squad) have the "get-up and go" and I wouldnt want to see their enthusiasm dampened - and them want to get away!
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:20 am

B Hodgson
Cudjoe
Lolesi
Whatuira
D Hodgson
Brown
Robinson
Mason
Lunt
Griffin
Raleigh
Gilmour
Faiumu

Crabtree
Fa'aloga
Grix
Horne

Giants by 10.
I think we have the strength to hold them in the early stages,then have better impact off the bench.
Crowd 12,190
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:37 am

lolesi and whatuira over lawrence Mmmmmm time to give this lad a chance
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Just a note for anyone not going, ill be watching it on Sky, so will do a few quick updates during the game with a quick run down at 1/2 and f/t.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 3:32 pm

you`ll be WHAT??????? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I dont know gem!!!!!!!!!!!

and youre counting on my vote!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 4:29 pm

penninegiant wrote:
you`ll be WHAT??????? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I dont know gem!!!!!!!!!!!

and youre counting on my vote!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

My car has needed a fair bit of work and i just can't stretch to £20 for a game that i could watch in HD at home Smile
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:51 pm

16 - 8 Hudds H/T

First 32 mins Hudds were seamless, Bradford having loads of errors but we were simply awesome, we looked like a side full of pure class. Hodgsons kicking was superb and cudjoe put over two beautiful tries in the corner whilst Bulls were wide open.

Then...

Brett flunked a try which i could have scored by grounding the ball in touch. Lawrence failed to find touch twice and Gilmour has been penalised 3 times for holding down.

Apart from the last 8 minutes Hudds have been playing like a side capable of beating any team in the league. 2 quick tries from the Bulls seem to have made our heads drop a bit, if we come out in the second half like we did in the first this game is in the bag.

Stand out player for me so far is Lunt - But credit has to go to the whole squad, a very entertaining and quick first half.

Ganson - Ninja style keen but from the TV about 60% of his calls have been correct. The 40% that haven't have been against us. The guy has shown that whilst he isn't as bad as he usually is - The off season hasn't really made him improve a great deal.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 9:54 pm

24-12 Hudds.

Second half very scrappy, Robbo and Gilmor sent off, Bulls turned up the pressure but our defence was superb.
We had plenty of chances to seal the game, we gave Bradford a few chances too.

We still have things to work on, but i would say its our best opening game ive ever seen.

I really can't commend our defence enough. Absolutely solid!

My mom was Cudjoe as was Sky's. B Hodgson a close second but the whole team really did well.

Ive started a seperate thread on Gilmour and Faalogo.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:51 pm

Deffo best opening game, at home, with camera's, beat the Bulls, Laurens birthday and she had it announced on the scoreboard!!!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:56 pm

I think our first 3 ventures into the Bulls 20 resulted in tries. We probably had less possession in both halves and in the second we hardly touched the ball, yet our defence stood up incredibly strong. Signs are good when you think we played without Drew, Wild, Kirmond, Fatz, Aspers and others. If we ever have a fully fit squad there are going to be some quality players missing out.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:10 pm

Hope Mase is ok.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:14 pm

reidy wrote:
Hope Mase is ok.

Torn shoulder muscle mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulls v Giants this Friday   Bulls v Giants this Friday Empty

Back to top Go down

Bulls v Giants this Friday
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next