Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giants V Bulls

Go down 
+5
Shogun
FLYINGPROP
matt01
shelleygiant
ponner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:35 am

Another tough game this coming Sunday. Who's going? Crowd expectations? Score predictions and any other chat for this coming Sunday.

As revealed last Tuesday, the Huddersfield Giants will use this home Super League game against the Bradford Bulls on 3rd March to celebrate everyone’s favourite Rugby Memories and also by encouraging all season ticket holders to ‘Bring a Buddy’ by using their special match voucher ‘A’ in their season ticket booklets (£15 for adults and £10 for over 65’s), as always children under the age of 12yrs come for free.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
shelleygiant
Ballboy
Ballboy
shelleygiant

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Hoping for a good game, a Fartown win and a decent crowd. Don't think it's going to be the cakewalk some people are expecting, look what happened last season. Play like we did against Saints and Wigan and we should win a hard fought contest fairly comfortably. But give Bradfud a sniff by giving the ball away too easiy and gifting silly pens like we can, and it could a long frustrating afternoon.
Hopefully a 9 or 10,000 crowd on Sunday but expect that will depend on the numbers the Dulls bring rather than Fartown fans swelling the crowd. I know it's a bring a buddy day but i doubt i'll be too surprised by the numbers who take it up Shocked Shocked

Fartown to win 28-12 Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:26 pm

If we can't get 10,000 when we are unbeaten, top of the league, local derby, Sunday afternoon and discounted tickets for some then I think its fair to say something somewhere has gone wrong.

The game itself is one I'm really looking forward to. We've hopefully had the kick up the backside from the Wakey game and will have a better performance lined up for this one. I'd like to see our new South Sea Islander signing get some minutes and hopefully Koppy will be back too. Will Jerry be fit, he has started the season on fire?
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:46 pm

Need to get back to the forwards doing the simple solid hard graft ala Saints away.

Would love to bully them and hammer them though, Like to see all the Giants on Sunday, Fielden, Ta'ai, Kopczak and Eorl, with Charlie and Brett in back row.

Hope Bradford hurt after Sunday
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:36 am

matt01 wrote:
If we can't get 10,000 when we are unbeaten, top of the league, local derby, Sunday afternoon and discounted tickets for some then I think its fair to say something somewhere has gone wrong.

The game itself is one I'm really looking forward to. We've hopefully had the kick up the backside from the Wakey game and will have a better performance lined up for this one. I'd like to see our new South Sea Islander signing get some minutes and hopefully Koppy will be back too. Will Jerry be fit, he has started the season on fire?

Poor crowds could be due to cost, as there are 3 people who used to come with us could not afford season tickets this season. Multiply that by a few and it adds up to a lot.
They would have been better just putting the season tickets up by say £20 a season and not dishing out cheaper offers on specific games during the season.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Possibly the cost is too much for some, but even though we are top, we are playing a local side and we are offering cheap tickets. If the club doesn't reach 10k then it needs to take a long hard look at itself. Anyway more important is the performance. The return of Koppy, Ta'ai could get some decent minutes and Fielden is being rested. Other than Fielden and Lawrence out we have a strong team on the field and if we can play better ball in hand then we will be more than enough for Bradford. Lets power them down, treat them to a lesson in their own strengths when Bradford were at their best.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:44 pm

If we look at crowds elsewhere, actual crowds not claimed crowds, we will do extremely well to get 10k in. i suspect between 8 & 9k. don't think there will be a big Bulls support. They are expecting to lose and a lot of them cannot stomach that, those that do turn up though will be the decent ones so they have my respect. The real test is can we get 7-7.5k home fans. I am more hopeful of that, but we shall see.

As for the game. I think it will be tight at first but we should pull away after interchanges. I hope for a comfortable win, if we approach this the right way i can see 5 or 6 tries for us with only a couple conceded. Here's hoping COYG!
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:13 am

i dont think The Bulls at home have had 10,000 this year. All teams have had a drop in home support. If we get 8000 that will be good
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Not inspired by that first half performance.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:05 pm

The second half was no better. The tackling was poor today, too many missed tackles, too many mistakes, dropping the ball too often and giving away silly penalties. The scoreline was in my opinion a fair one. We seemed to have not corrected much from the Wakey game and defence got worse. I know its only one game and we are still early in the season, but we need to start learning from our mistakes and improving.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:38 pm

I am mightly disappointed by that. In my opinion a disgraceful approach to the game and a lack of respect for the opposision saw us deservedly thrashed by a very ordinary team.

Grix had a couple of howlers, but worse still was Robbo. I shall post more when I calm down, but don't takje your kids to work with you!
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:56 pm

They will be coming up with excuses on fools for grix,but then will criticise others.

Shocking,no,disgraceful 'effort' that,totally unacceptable.

But then the gobs on fools don't go to too many games anyway,so what do they really know.

Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:18 pm

defleppard wrote:
They will be coming up with excuses on fools for grix,but then will criticise others.

But then the gobs on fools don't go to too many games anyway,so what do they really know.

i will post what i posted on Rlfans and i stick by it

There were many things to be disappointed about today but there is no point in looking at individual performances as you win as a team you lose as a team.

You cannot blame players for missing tackles without looking at the players who dropped the balls, you cannot blame players who dropped the balls without looking at the players who gave the penalties away, you cannot blame players who gave the penalties away, without blaming the players who delivered the bad passes.

That does not leave many without blame so no point in mentioning individuals.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:34 pm

Do yourself and fools a favour wind your neck in.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Any good amateur team would have beaten that shower today.
Grix gave away three tries on his own, with no effort from anybody else.
Just a bad day at the office, let`s hope they tighten defence up for Friday.
Back to top Go down
shelleygiant
Ballboy
Ballboy
shelleygiant

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:27 am

defleppard wrote:

Yes Grix had a shocker and the harder he tried the worse things got for him, but plenty more had shockers too, a totally woefull display today by a lot of our players., 2 more who had nightmares were Robbo and Chan (who's probably our most consistant player thus far this season)
Our ball retention was poor for the last 20mins against Wigan, really poor at Wakey but our defence luckily got us through both them games but yesterday we hit an all time low, as a team we were pathetic and very few can hold their heads up after yesterdays walloping. Despite us supposedly having an "awesome" pack we got battered up front, our kicking game was a joke and our defence was at best "feeble", the Dulls must have set a SL record for offloads yesterday. I hope Anderson sorts them out before Friday as a cricket score could be on the cards if he doesn't.

Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:04 pm

The more I think about the game, the more embarrassing it was. We can all say this played made that mistake or the team didn't do this, maybe coaches could have changed that, but the list is so long it can't all be fixed straight away.

I just want to see an improvement against Leeds and then continued development here on in. If we can manage that we will finish fairly high up the league and in good shape. If we yo-yo up and down, it could be on a down come play-off time and another disappointing season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Giants V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Bulls   Giants V Bulls Empty

Back to top Go down

Giants V Bulls
Page 1 of 1