Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Millenium weekend

Go down 
+2
Shogun
boomer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Millenium weekend Empty
PostSubject: Millenium weekend   Millenium weekend EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Where are Giants fans going?, other boards suggesting Edinburgh already doubled its prices, l know its bank holiday, and a major event, but their ripping us off.
l am looking at other cities with easy access to central Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle, possably Falkirk, Dumfirmline, Leith, or Berwick, but these are small towns, with more life in a tramps vest. bounce
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Millenium weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millenium weekend   Millenium weekend EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Depends what sort of weekend you want.
For me I like sightseeing in the morning then Rugby in the afternoon followed by a meal, a wee dram before bed. Then up bright and early next day.
But my accommodation is very reasonable having a motorhome.

A couple we met last magic weekend lodged in a town just a bus ride away from Edinburgh and said they got it for half the price of Edinburgh accommodation. And then just bussed in for both days.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Millenium weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millenium weekend   Millenium weekend EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 6:47 pm

twice i have been to murryfield. for the leeds- bulls final we stayed in livingstone and it was probably a 15 minute train ride to edinburgh, the second year was better as we stayed in the middle of the city in the same hotel as wigan who beat st helens that year

if livingstone is not your cup of tea you could always try bathgate which is neraby i think
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Millenium weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millenium weekend   Millenium weekend EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 9:24 pm

Originally being from up that way if you don't want to stay in Edinburgh I would suggest Dunfermline or Livingstone, both decent sized town by Scottish standards and both on train lines out of Haymarket (close to Murrayfield). Dunfermline has a better centre for a night out, Livingstone more frequent trains.

Other possibilities are Kirkcaldy, which is about 40 minutes on the train, Falkirk, about the same but a different train. North Berwick is a lovely little seaside town. There is of course also Glasgow, which is a big city and again about 40 minutes on the train, however I can't stand the place (Rangers/Celtic nonsense goes a lot deeper than football, its like Northern Ireland Lite).

For the record I will be staying near Dundee, that is really too far away, but I have to visit my Mum
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Millenium weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millenium weekend   Millenium weekend EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:04 am

I went to the Wigan v St.Helens Final there years ago and stopped on a lovely static caravan site at Seeton Sands. Worked out very reasonably priced too.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Millenium weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millenium weekend   Millenium weekend EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:03 am

I went to a lovely little hotel on the forth bank, at £70 per night and the full scottish breakfast was lovely. I'd go again but it's the final weekend of the regular football season which unfortunately Town are at home for once so I doubt i'll be going even though my folks who took us last year are wanting to go even though Rugby isn't in their plans!

As for places anywhere within a 50 mile radius are easy commutes whether by own or public transport, as I recall once worrying about how to get to Edinburgh from Kirkcaldy when scottish trains were on strike and there is a quick and regular bus service between even these so I can vouch for the public transport!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Millenium weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millenium weekend   Millenium weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

Millenium weekend
Page 1 of 1