Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Sharp has gone

Go down 
+6
reidy
bostock
Mad Lockwood Giant
ponner
Helen
Mandy Giants Fan
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Jon Sharp has gone - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 1:44 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
Smith didn't get us relegated. OK, he was the coach at the time, but he took over a poisoned chalice. The 2nd half of that relegation season we had one of the best records in SL.

Next season - undefeated in the two competitions that mattered [NFP & Buddies Cup].
yes great memories but lets face in the standard of those compitions was poor. Very Happy
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 2:18 pm

bostock wrote:
Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
Smith didn't get us relegated. OK, he was the coach at the time, but he took over a poisoned chalice. The 2nd half of that relegation season we had one of the best records in SL.

Next season - undefeated in the two competitions that mattered [NFP & Buddies Cup].
yes great memories but lets face in the standard of those compitions was poor. Very Happy
Very Happy

I agree it was well below Super league, But on the way to our first semi when all the teams we played came from this standard or worse, it somehow didn't seem to count.
I think to beat them all season long rates a bit higher than just four of them, especially when you remember what happened in the semi. Anyway JS is gone now so It's onward and upwards, Let see what the new guy can do.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 6:12 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:

CORRECT!
Back to top Go down
Mad Lockwood Giant
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 9:05 pm

Tony Smith had the merger garbage to clear out. He was on a hiding to nothing that first season he came in. The relegation made us stronger and helped Tony learn a lot about his team and his coaching skills. This made him. He brought a fantastic spirit to the club. Sharp just added a few touches. Sharp, however, despite reaching the CC Final of 2006 almost took us down to NL1 that season. We saved our skin with just a couple of games to go! He works hard, nobody disputes that. It's his attitude, especially his ego, i.e. when it comes to his mentor. He didn't like the fact that we the fans still had admiration and respect for Tony Smith. I found that very disappointing for a coach to say about a club's previous coach.

I wish Jon and his family all the best for his future. I think he will move to Hull as No2 to Richard Agar.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 10:16 pm

Mad Lockwood Giant wrote:
Tony Smith had the merger garbage to clear out. He was on a hiding to nothing that first season he came in. The relegation made us stronger and helped Tony learn a lot about his team and his coaching skills. This made him. He brought a fantastic spirit to the club. Sharp just added a few touches. Sharp, however, despite reaching the CC Final of 2006 almost took us down to NL1 that season. We saved our skin with just a couple of games to go! He works hard, nobody disputes that. It's his attitude, especially his ego, i.e. when it comes to his mentor. He didn't like the fact that we the fans still had admiration and respect for Tony Smith. I found that very disappointing for a coach to say about a club's previous coach.

I wish Jon and his family all the best for his future. I think he will move to Hull as No2 to Richard Agar.

You may be right MLG But in truth i would be surprised if he would ever agree to be No2 to anyone.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 9:38 am

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:

we were great in the second half of that season after eventually managing to get a draw in game 15 i think , was it 22-22 against the broncos?? genes first game
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:48 pm

Check this out:

CLINK THIS LINK!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Sharp has gone
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2