Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Sharp

Go down 
+6
Mad Lockwood Giant
Mandy Giants Fan
BO JANGLES
penninegiant
Ivor C&G Scarf
cagmartian
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptyThu May 15, 2008 9:59 pm

The man must go down in history for holding the most secure jobs of all time.

I would never wish someone out of a job, but was talking with an old friend - emphasis on the word 'old' today about Thorman.
2 years ago Thorman was a class SO and knocking on the door of GB, personally i think Sharp has robbed Thorman of 2 years of his career and ultimately may have finished him off. The same can be said for a few of our forwards who have known nothing other than one man rugby. Make no wonder now we are starting to pass the ball about its getting dropped.

I mean dont get me wrong Sharp has done great things at the Giants by giving us the CCF and Playoffs. But can he sail on the back of that glory forever - despite the results and crowd dropping etc.

Like i said, had this man worked at 99% of workplaces across the country he would have been given his P45 a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
cagmartian

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptyThu May 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Sad to say I have to agree. I have seen bad times at fartown but the negative attitude that is infusing the fans this season takes some beating.
We all see individual mistakes by players at times but the corporate ethos is that induced by the coach, something in the land of the Giants stinks.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptyFri May 16, 2008 8:07 am

To me it adds credence to last year's rumours - that someone else came along and either took over coaching or pointed JS in the right direction after those first 7 games [Tony Smith, Brad Drew, Robbie Paul plus other who I can't remember - all rumours mind, no hard and factual evidence]. This year no-one has come along and it's all down to JS.

The way KD has shown the door to 2 Town incumbents just makes it all the more perplexing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptyFri May 16, 2008 8:15 am

cagmartian wrote:
Sad to say I have to agree. I have seen bad times at fartown but the negative attitude that is infusing the fans this season takes some beating.
We all see individual mistakes by players at times but the corporate ethos is that induced by the coach, something in the land of the Giants stinks.

methinks you want a dose o' Danrils Elixir , Cag !!
Guaranteed to cure all ills!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptyFri May 16, 2008 8:57 am

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
To me it adds credence to last year's rumours - that someone else came along and either took over coaching or pointed JS in the right direction after those first 7 games [Tony Smith, Brad Drew, Robbie Paul plus other who I can't remember - all rumours mind, no hard and factual evidence]. This year no-one has come along and it's all down to JS.

The way KD has shown the door to 2 Town incumbents just makes it all the more perplexing.

This is the part that surprises me too Ivor, KD is either happy with him or he can't get rid so easily, It crossed my mind that this rolling contract thing might be his opening gambit. I have been amazed in the past how his contract has been extended on the strength of a couple of good performances here and there, Yet whenever it goes pear shaped It's always somebody else's fault.
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptyFri May 16, 2008 2:59 pm

I wish Ken would give him the vote of confidence, that way he will be gone at last!!

had heard that ken has said he will go before sharpy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mad Lockwood Giant
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptyFri May 16, 2008 4:59 pm

I have never known a coach talk so much twaddle! He ought to become an MP - he has so much hot air. He doesn't seem to see the same game as the Giants fans. I have never known a coach lack so much character.
When I played I wanted a tough coach. I responded to a hard man. Sharp seems to be too soft, in my opinion. He lacks imagination in his tactics. We have gone backwards way in the last 9 months.

Please Ken, for the good of the club, bring in a man who can freshen the club up. We need new ideas. I have my opinion who I want, but unfortunately he isn't British. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptyFri May 16, 2008 5:19 pm

It's right what you are saying. He has absolutely no idea of what an entertaining game is anymore.
Who you got in mind Mick?
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptySat May 17, 2008 8:33 am

I can see why KD and the board are prepared to give Sharp more time.

He has been the most successful coach since Penninegiant was a lad getting us to a cup final and the play-offs. Last season it looked all doom and gloom, yet he turned it around. Although I don't think he can do the same this year, in my opinion we don't have as a good a squad. We miss the quality of Drew and Nero, the experience of Robbie and the desire of Reilly.

Because of his previous success I am prepared to give him more time, let him try to salvage some respectability for this season and if the next starts similarly to this, then yes I'd agree it would be time for a new face.

However I know I'm in a small minority in my views and pressure from the majority of fans may mean Sharp leaves much sooner.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptySun May 18, 2008 11:06 pm

Todays game has probably secured his job for another few months at least.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptyMon May 19, 2008 7:20 am

ponner wrote:
Todays game has probably secured his job for another few months at least.

I said the same thing at the game.

If he does turn it round he'll be a miracle worker, but in all honesty i dont want a coach that takes 14 games to get going.

That said, who needs Lolesi and Jenson!
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:34 pm

john sharp is the future coach for me.(great coach)
give him time(just look at wayne bennett,the bronco's gave him years and look what he did)
no relegation so lets have stability,history shows this is the way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mad Lockwood Giant
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptyWed May 21, 2008 2:17 pm

Let's see what we do against the Catalans. Can we back it up? I think we couldn't be playing them at a better time - things seemed to have dipped since Mick Potter announced he was going to be Saints coach next season. I just worry why it has taken us so long to get going this season. Has there been a problem with the players and Sharp? What I do know is Ken Davy went in to the dressing room after cup tie at Hull KR and lambasted the team and Sharp. So even his patience is wearing thin! Cool
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp EmptyWed May 21, 2008 2:44 pm

Mad Lockwood Giant wrote:
Let's see what we do against the Catalans. Can we back it up? I think we couldn't be playing them at a better time - things seemed to have dipped since Mick Potter announced he was going to be Saints coach next season. I just worry why it has taken us so long to get going this season. Has there been a problem with the players and Sharp? What I do know is Ken Davy went in to the dressing room after cup tie at Hull KR and lambasted the team and Sharp. So even his patience is wearing thin! Cool

Good! Maybe a rocket up their arses is just what the doctor ordered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jon Sharp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp   Jon Sharp Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Sharp
Page 1 of 1