Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Sharp has gone

Go down 
+6
reidy
bostock
Mad Lockwood Giant
ponner
Helen
Mandy Giants Fan
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 10:01 am

Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 10:02 am

I agree.
Let's hope the Lads push forward now
Back to top Go down
Helen
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:45 am

He's taken us forward for the time he was here, but the time had come to get a fresh face in.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:13 pm

YEEEEEHHAAAAARRRR!!!!

Sorry.

All the best Jon.
As has been said 'Sad to see a man out of a job, but the right move imo'
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Mad Lockwood Giant
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:21 pm

Needed to be done. We had gone as far as we could with Sharp. It is tiem for a man with forward thinking ideas. I personally would like Graham Murray. Whoever we get though has to be someone who has achieved success in the past.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:54 pm

ponner wrote:
YEEEEEHHAAAAARRRR!!!!

Sorry.

All the best Jon.
now now,
at least you can change your sig now Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 4:31 pm

WHOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEE!

Wish him well for the future, but it needed to be done.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 4:46 pm

bostock wrote:
ponner wrote:
YEEEEEHHAAAAARRRR!!!!

Sorry.

All the best Jon.
now now,
at least you can change your sig now Laughing Laughing
Thanks for the text today mate while i was at work, i knew nothing about it until then.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 5:23 pm

It's a shame, hopefully the club have a good idea who is replacement is.

Sharp has done a lot of good things at our club and I for one wish him well in the future, hopefully another team will offer him a contract very soon.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 5:38 pm

We need someone like wayne bennet next or it will be a backward step in my opinion.
john has got this club were we are today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 5:47 pm

bostock wrote:
We need someone like wayne bennet next or it will be a backward step in my opinion.

Out of the challenge cup at the first superleague hurdle and Third from bottom of the league you mean
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 7:14 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
bostock wrote:

Out of the challenge cup at the first superleague hurdle and Third from bottom of the league you mean
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Yeah nice one BO Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 10:24 pm

ponner wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
bostock wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Yeah nice one BO Laughing Laughing Laughing

Have you looked on the other site, man there is some drivel being spouted on there, but then there always was, Think Wes is going into meltdown, and the good Dr is presiding over it all in his usual all knowing manor, It really is funny ( not sharp being out of work) I think some of them can't grasp that Davy has finally seen the light, and none of our present position is in any way the fault of Mr Sharp, Some of them may think they know all there is to know about Rugby, but they sure as hell know nothing about business.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:00 pm

Did you notice that Dan didn't like it being pointed out that JS had lost plenty, plenty games and demanded that his posts are not taken out of context? He hasn't replied to the full quote being posted! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:46 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
Did you notice that Dan didn't like it being pointed out that JS had lost plenty, plenty games and demanded that his posts are not taken out of context? He hasn't replied to the full quote being posted! lol!

I think the good Dr had the wind taken out of his sails, he shot himself in both feet Ivor and it didn't sit too well,
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:55 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
bostock wrote:

so bo bo u was happy finishing bottom for so many years was u Rolling Eyes
john stoped us being the laughing stock of superleague Rolling Eyes
and what about next season if we do not get in the top 6 do we sack the coach again?
you have to build success Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 1:23 am

bostock wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
bostock wrote:

and what about next season if we do not get in the top 6 do we sack the coach again?

Us being third from bottom after nearly five season in charge is your idea of building success is it Bostick, Rolling Eyes You can defend the Guy all you want mate He has failed to deliver , yes he has had some successes and he has reaped the praises and rewards for them, i dont begrudge them to him, But we are no further forward and now he is paying the price for his failure, Obviously all the whinging about refs and bad luck and all the rest of it have had less effect on K Davy than they have on the likes of you.

And whether we sack another coach if we dont make the top six next season, you will have to ask K Davy that, he is the guy that matters, although he certainly gave sharp more than one season. Myself I'll be happy to see a team that look like they want to play for the coach and the club. A team with players who play in their proper positions would be nice instead of some of the nonsense we have seen over the last five years.

The best thing for you and me to do mate is to agree to disagree on J Sharp, dont think either one of us is going to change the others mind, Obviously i am the happier with the situ than you are but That's life mate .
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 1:16 pm

ok mate lets agree to disagree Very Happy
I suppose we both have the giants at heart,lets just hope we get the right man for the job? Very Happy
and take the club forward. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 6:07 pm

bostock wrote:
ok mate lets agree to disagree Very Happy
I suppose we both have the giants at heart,lets just hope we get the right man for the job? Very Happy
and take the club forward. Very Happy

Good call mate, Ken Davy said all the things i wanted to hear tonight in the Examiner, I really dont think we will be short of people wanting the job, and I'm glad he's taking his time in a attempt to get the right man, Our season is over, although it would be nice to get a few more wins yet. Also i dont think JS will be out of work very long, and i wish him luck.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 7:11 pm

What a classic example of what this board is all about.

I posted 'well, we'll have to agree to disagree' over there. The reply was 'No' & a load of abuse! Then the other 2 Goodies waded in.
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 8:20 pm

Waldorf and Statler as I refer to them should have been banned, but they are all in with the Mods, well PB and Gahan so no chance of that!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 8:25 am

Mandy Giants Fan wrote:
Waldorf and Statler as I refer to them should have been banned, but they are all in with the Mods, well PB and Gahan so no chance of that!

I didn't post on there for a long time, but i did read it a couple of times a week, I thought Code 13 always seemed to be fair in his judgements. Would he not be someone to ask on to this board.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 8:41 am

bostock wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
bostock wrote:

john didnt stop us being the laughing stock of super league , that was down to tony smith . john came along and helped steer the ship etc and became coach when smithy left.. but smithy turned this club around
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 9:17 am

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
bostock wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
bostock wrote:

john didnt stop us being the laughing stock of super league , that was down to tony smith . john came along and helped steer the ship etc and became coach when smithy left.. but smithy turned this club around
see your point but he did get us relegated,but he probably put everything in place before he took the cash and the easy option. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 9:22 am

Smith didn't get us relegated. OK, he was the coach at the time, but he took over a poisoned chalice. The 2nd half of that relegation season we had one of the best records in SL.

Next season - undefeated in the two competitions that mattered [NFP & Buddies Cup].
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jon Sharp has gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Sharp has gone   Jon Sharp has gone Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Sharp has gone
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next