Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sharp out

Go down 
+5
reidy
Mandy Giants Fan
bradleymarky
matt01
ponner
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:28 am

They guy is useless and a bell end to boot.

He needs to do one.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:03 am

Sturl wrote:
They guy is useless and a bell end to boot.

He needs to do one.
Not quite the way i would have put it but yes he needs to go Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 7:20 am

Lets sack the most successful coach we've had in my lifetime. Yes this season is a bit of a disaster, but the others have been rather good. If next season starts similarly then yes I'd agree it would be time for a change, but one bad season out of five is not deserving of a sacking IMO.
Back to top Go down
bradleymarky

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 8:04 am

he has to go after that performance, 5 of my mates have gone over they will be gutted.
Back to top Go down

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 8:12 am

Duplicate post

Last edited by Sturl on Sun May 25, 2008 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 8:13 am

[quote="Sturl"]
matt01 wrote:
Lets sack the most successful coach we've had in my lifetime. Yes this season is a bit of a disaster, but the others have been rather good. If next season starts similarly then yes I'd agree it would be time for a change, but one bad season out of five is not deserving of a sacking IMO.

What success Mat?

A CCF off the back of one win at Leeds - Embarrassed at Twickenham

Top six after 9 defeats and then in by win of one game, then lost in first rd playoffs.

Lets not get carried away here in reality the Giants have won one important game, then had a poor season but did just enough to scrape a top six position.

Now 16 games in, 3 wins and a nilling in Catalans and still people think Sharp should go.

I think Ken Davy should look at the likes of Avram Grant - First season at Chelsea gets them in FA final and still gets sacked, Peter Sharp - Hull riddleed with injuries - Sacked.

Ridiculous.

Also, under Sharp havent the previous seasons looked something like 9th/10/11th? Dont know how you measure success but we dont use the same ruler mate.
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 8:17 am

I agree there stu, last year yes he did turn it around, but for me this year zilch he has to go.
we were fortunate not to be in hull's position regarding all the injuries but they sack peter sharp Shocked , now why don't Ken Davy see what we see and sack him, or better still Sharp resign.

How many lives does this guy have?
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 9:07 am

2 consecutive seasons with abismal starts. He has to take responsibility, but he won't.
As long as KD bankrolls him and there is no relegation, he won't walk.
It should go something like this:

KD: Sorry John, but you talk the talk and don't come up with the goods.
My business is now a bloody laughing stock.
You've failed the tasks that were set for you and you cost me money.
Regrettebly son, YOU'RE FIRED!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 9:26 am

This is the most successful team I've seen play, therefore is the most successful team for at least 30 years.

Under Sharp we've had two semi finals and a final and although we didn't win it we were not embarrassed. In fact we started like a house on fire and gave Saints a real fright, ok we faded, but the experience will stand those players and our coach in good stead. Yes we had fairly easy runs to get there, but didn't we lose to Hunslet in the cup with the now GB/England coach and grand final winner with Leeds.

We have been making steady progress ever since our return to super league, this season is hopefully a blip and in my mind we should give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. We are going through a bit of a transition this year, we have a lot of young players in the squad and on top of that internationals in Wild and Hodgson out for long periods of time and one of our overseas players go home for family reasons. I do believe we will get stronger with or without Sharp, but for me one bad season in five does not deserve a P45.

Also maybe I do measure successful differently. I don't expect this squad to be anything more than mid table. Long term underfunding with both the first team and academies means we don't have the resources available that Bradford, Leeds, Saints, Wigan, Warrington and even Hull who are in a similar position to us have.

Most of my life I have watched a side play in front of a few hundred or at best a couple of thousand fans and lose to the likes of Mansfield Marksmen. I never believed a would see them lift a trophy, nevermind watch them walk out to compete in the challenge cup final. Then along came Murphy and after that Davy and suddenly our exoectations are much higher. Seeing us compete and beat the likes of Saints, Bradford, Wigan, Leeds etc... is a joy to behold.

Yes I want to see us improve and at the moment we are not doing that, but only 8 months ago I got to see us compete in our first ever play-off match under the leadership of Sharp. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he can continue to bring us more and more.
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 10:06 am

More of what Defeats?
when will Ken and the Board grow some B***s and sack him? Shocked
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 10:11 am

I admire your loyalty Matt, but he has failed this season. We can't survive on sentiment mate.
Many a previously successful coach has been sacked, when in the same situation.

Sorry bud, but he has failed this season and needs to follow his namesake from Hull.
Back to top Go down

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:20 pm

matt01 wrote:
This is the most successful team I've seen play, therefore is the most successful team for at least 30 years.

Under Sharp we've had two semi finals and a final and although we didn't win it we were not embarrassed. In fact we started like a house on fire and gave Saints a real fright, ok we faded, but the experience will stand those players and our coach in good stead. Yes we had fairly easy runs to get there, but didn't we lose to Hunslet in the cup with the now GB/England coach and grand final winner with Leeds.

We have been making steady progress ever since our return to super league, this season is hopefully a blip and in my mind we should give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. We are going through a bit of a transition this year, we have a lot of young players in the squad and on top of that internationals in Wild and Hodgson out for long periods of time and one of our overseas players go home for family reasons. I do believe we will get stronger with or without Sharp, but for me one bad season in five does not deserve a P45.

Also maybe I do measure successful differently. I don't expect this squad to be anything more than mid table. Long term underfunding with both the first team and academies means we don't have the resources available that Bradford, Leeds, Saints, Wigan, Warrington and even Hull who are in a similar position to us have.

Most of my life I have watched a side play in front of a few hundred or at best a couple of thousand fans and lose to the likes of Mansfield Marksmen. I never believed a would see them lift a trophy, nevermind watch them walk out to compete in the challenge cup final. Then along came Murphy and after that Davy and suddenly our exoectations are much higher. Seeing us compete and beat the likes of Saints, Bradford, Wigan, Leeds etc... is a joy to behold.

Yes I want to see us improve and at the moment we are not doing that, but only 8 months ago I got to see us compete in our first ever play-off match under the leadership of Sharp. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he can continue to bring us more and more.

I see what you are saying and you make some very valid points. However, i fail to see the success you talk about.

Fair enough we got into CCF and i felt the same pride and joy you did - but in perspective all we did was turn up and play bloody well for one game against Leeds. Thats the reality - 1 game.
Success to me is moving forward and keeping moving forward, i would rather we finished 10th, 9th, 8th, 7th, 6th..... That is success to me. Building on the previous season. For example Hull Kr, last season their main concern was staying up - they did it. Now in building on that you can see how they have moved forward and are now sitting above us in the table. Look at Wigan - same, Catalans - Same.
Everyone is moving forward but us Matt.

Jon Sharp imo is a lazy and ignorant coach. He signs 3 players from the same team in Oz, they p-lay a completely different paced and style of RL but he expected 20% of the on field team to just fit into the slow niggly RL we play at Hudds. It hasnt worked.
The reality is money comes from fans, fans wont pay and watch the team any more, i dread to think how many fans Jon Sharp has reduced the club by this season, call it fickle if you will but its life. One thing is for sure, you have the old faithfull like yourself who has stood and watched the poorest of teams, but in modern times and such a highly prized league this does not work anymore. Some want to see a team win, most want to see a good hard fought game. That is not happening. What we are seeing is a team play at the highest level in Britain and play for about 50 minutes from 80.
Having a 'blip' is no excuse. Put Sharp in any company in any country in the world and he'd have been sacked by now.

I dont want to see the man out of a job, but at the same time i cant bear to watch the Giants go backward any more.
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:25 pm

Well said stu and I agree with all you said.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:42 pm

matt01 wrote:
With the amount of cash Ken Davy has pumped in to the club over the years to bring in high quality players, i would hazard a guess that whoever the coach would have been could be classed as the most successful in our lifetime. If you compare coaches and players available at their time then i would have said that Alex Murphy was probably the best coach we had in my lifetime.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 3:46 pm

I can see where you guys are coming from, there is no two ways about it, this season is turning out to be a bit of a disaster. It is also very frustrating to win easily one week then get hammered the next. I feel for the fans who have spent a lot of money travelling over and then see what I'm sure was a poor performance, but at least Sharp echoed that and didn't just make his usual we were unlucky statements.

The other thing, if we change the coach it has to be because there is a better option around and not just a panic sacking. Persisting with the same guy does seem to have benefits. Not every season has been wonderful at Man U, Liverpool or Arsenal but they don't fire the man in charge, whereas the first sniff of a poor run and the likes of Newcastle dump the gaffer and as a result have never got anywhere.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 4:57 pm

matt01 wrote:
I can see where you guys are coming from, there is no two ways about it, this season is turning out to be a bit of a disaster. It is also very frustrating to win easily one week then get hammered the next. I feel for the fans who have spent a lot of money travelling over and then see what I'm sure was a poor performance, but at least Sharp echoed that and didn't just make his usual we were unlucky statements.

The other thing, if we change the coach it has to be because there is a better option around and not just a panic sacking. Persisting with the same guy does seem to have benefits. Not every season has been wonderful at Man U, Liverpool or Arsenal but they don't fire the man in charge, whereas the first sniff of a poor run and the likes of Newcastle dump the gaffer and as a result have never got anywhere.

But you forgot Chelsea Wink
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 5:54 pm

reidy@work wrote:
matt01 wrote:

But you forgot Chelsea Wink
What the most expensive team in the world that constantly under performs. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 7:11 pm

Bring in Graham Murray he would do better than sharp
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptySun May 25, 2008 7:36 pm

Mandy Giants Fan wrote:
Bring in Graham Murray he would do better than sharp

Bring in Gordon Murray, he'd do better than Sharp and he wrote Trumpton!
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptyMon May 26, 2008 6:44 am

sharp out and cullen in .. he ducks down and waits for return fire
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptyMon May 26, 2008 10:52 am

On the back of Examiner I have to laugh at Sharp's headline.
"I APOLOGISE"
Back to top Go down

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptyMon May 26, 2008 11:43 am

Mandy Giants Fan wrote:
"I APOLOGISE"

Was hoping it said:

"I Resign"
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptyMon May 26, 2008 11:52 am

Sturl wrote:
Mandy Giants Fan wrote:
"I APOLOGISE"

Was hoping it said:

"I Resign"

or ken sayin " your fired"
Back to top Go down

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptyMon May 26, 2008 12:01 pm

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
Sturl wrote:
Mandy Giants Fan wrote:
"I APOLOGISE"

Was hoping it said:

"I Resign"

or ken sayin " your fired"

Aye that as well! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mad Lockwood Giant
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out EmptyMon May 26, 2008 12:11 pm

You are the Wekest Link Jon Sharp - Goodbye! That was what I was hoping t o see in Examiner! Looks like we have to keep him because of the extension he signed to his contract - until end of season. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sharp out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharp out   Sharp out Empty

Back to top Go down

Sharp out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next