Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GIANTS SIGN Patrick

Go down 
+2
reidy
ponner
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

GIANTS SIGN Patrick Empty
PostSubject: GIANTS SIGN Patrick   GIANTS SIGN Patrick EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:28 pm

GIANTS SIGN Patrick Newspic19382
Huddersfield Giants have completed their 2009 engage Super League squad with the signing of England academy international backrower Larne Patrick on a two year contract.

The 20 year old has returned from a year playing in Australia and Head Coach Nathan Brown is delighted to give him an opportunity:

"All the reports on Larne from our junior performance guys are excellent and the year playing in Australia will have benefited him enormously. Like a few of the younger guys he is looking for a chance to make a Super League career and we are only too happy to give him a shot with us. He is a big powerful athlete and looks a very exciting prospect from what I have seen so far. "

Larne Patrick commented:

"The club easily sold itself to me as I know how much Keal Carlile is enjoying it here and I just want to work hard in the gym and on the field to hopefully get a first team shirt. "

Link
www.giantsrl.com
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: GIANTS SIGN Patrick   GIANTS SIGN Patrick EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Who was he playing for over there then?
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: GIANTS SIGN Patrick   GIANTS SIGN Patrick EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:44 pm

Don'T know anything about this guy at all but if he is on a par with Kirmond for example , he will be ok, I'm really encouraged by the signing of these youngsters, definitely the way to go
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: GIANTS SIGN Patrick   GIANTS SIGN Patrick EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 9:30 pm

reidy@work wrote:
Who was he playing for over there then?
A Manly feeder club so i'm told.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: GIANTS SIGN Patrick   GIANTS SIGN Patrick EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 1:15 am

Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: GIANTS SIGN Patrick   GIANTS SIGN Patrick EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Apparently his Aussie club was "Narrabeen Sharks".
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: GIANTS SIGN Patrick   GIANTS SIGN Patrick EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 9:26 pm

So far I'm fairly impressed with our new coach. I've always believed that a top side needs competition for places and build for the future. With the squad we currently have it is fairly clear who the senior players are, however they all need to be performing as there seems to be plenty of young lads who genuinely have the ability to compete for 1st team places. Also if even half these lads turnout to be quality players we have a sound future.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: GIANTS SIGN Patrick   GIANTS SIGN Patrick EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 1:07 am

matt01 wrote:
So far I'm fairly impressed with our new coach. I've always believed that a top side needs competition for places and build for the future. With the squad we currently have it is fairly clear who the senior players are, however they all need to be performing as there seems to be plenty of young lads who genuinely have the ability to compete for 1st team places. Also if even half these lads turnout to be quality players we have a sound future.
totally agree there matt01 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: GIANTS SIGN Patrick   GIANTS SIGN Patrick EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 9:13 pm

Yes we certainly seem to be acquiring some quality youth, any dip in the first team performances and players will be looking over their shoulders at the upcoming youngsters pinching their spots.

Competition is good with a new coach, as team selection will be on ability without any passed bias favourable or otherwise regarding players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GIANTS SIGN Patrick   GIANTS SIGN Patrick Empty

Back to top Go down

GIANTS SIGN Patrick
Page 1 of 1