Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Todd Carney to Giants

Go down 
+4
adelaide-giant.no9
bostock
penninegiant
ponner
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Todd Carney to Giants Empty
PostSubject: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 10:43 pm

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24246997-5013406,00.html
Quote :
LESS than three weeks after being sacked by Canberra, disgraced halfback Todd Carney is ready to announce he will revive his career in the English Super League with Huddersfield.

And in a move which could have significant repercussions for Brisbane as it attempts to retain Karmichael Hunt beyond next season, the Broncos have allowed lock Greg Eastwood to join English giant Leeds.

Carney had been linked with several Super League clubs since being sacked by the Raiders this month following the latest in a string of off-field indiscretions.

However, it appears unfashionable Huddersfield has secured the 22-year-old on a one-year deal, which would allow him to return to the NRL in 2010.

Carney's manager, David Riolo, declined to comment on his client's future last night.

However, sources in England revealed an announcement from Yorkshire club Huddersfield was imminent.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:28 pm

We get shut of "naughty boys" ---and sign "naughty boys" ----and I`m confused with standard duals!! ---and Im gonna lie down!!confused confused confused
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:55 pm

ponner wrote:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24246997-5013406,00.html
Quote :
LESS than three weeks after being sacked by Canberra, disgraced halfback Todd Carney is ready to announce he will revive his career in the English Super League with Huddersfield.

And in a move which could have significant repercussions for Brisbane as it attempts to retain Karmichael Hunt beyond next season, the Broncos have allowed lock Greg Eastwood to join English giant Leeds.

Carney had been linked with several Super League clubs since being sacked by the Raiders this month following the latest in a string of off-field indiscretions.

However, it appears unfashionable Huddersfield has secured the 22-year-old on a one-year deal, which would allow him to return to the NRL in 2010.

Carney's manager, David Riolo, declined to comment on his client's future last night.

However, sources in England revealed an announcement from Yorkshire club Huddersfield was imminent.
good signing if its true. Very Happy
just keep him of the beer? Laughing
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 5:16 am

i believe he has gone to wigan
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 7:31 am

got shut of him REAL quick then!! Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:48 pm

We'll just have to see who he signs for, but I won't be too bothered if he ends up at Wigan. Yes he could be absolutely fantastic, but can the club take that gamble?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:20 pm

matt01 wrote:
We'll just have to see who he signs for, but I won't be too bothered if he ends up at Wigan. Yes he could be absolutely fantastic, but can the club take that gamble?

Usually id agree with you. But look at Broughy at Wakefield. Back to earth with a big bang. Sometimes people grow up and realise there career has one last chance.

Edit: Having just read what he has actually done added to the fact he was on AUD$400,000 im inclined to think your are right Matt.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:18 pm

Just had it confirmed he's in talks still with nothing finalized.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:02 pm

ponner wrote:

What's it like to have friends in high places.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:09 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
ponner wrote:

It has it's advantages Wink
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:39 pm

ponner wrote:
Unless he's prepared to come here for a low wage and with plenty of escape clauses for us then I don't want him.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:43 pm

ponner wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
ponner wrote:

It has it's advantages Wink

well - a request for a well directed thunderbolt would have helped Sunday!!! Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:47 pm

Not convinced this is the best move - do we really need to risk taking on an allegedly naughty boy?? We need to make the headlines for the right reasons, not the wrong ones. We need a good season next year to make the ticket holders come back in 2010 - is he worth the risk?
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:51 pm

If he scores 30 plus tries - gets us up t`top - and then goes home -it`ll do me Danna

We`ve signed bad lads - and sold bad lads - whats one more if he does the goods -and buys you and me a bevvie round t`town??? Wink
Rather have him doing it FOR us than agin us!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 pm

penninegiant wrote:
If he scores 30 plus tries - gets us up t`top - and then goes home -it`ll do me Danna

We`ve signed bad lads - and sold bad lads - whats one more if he does the goods -and buys you and me a bevvie round t`town??? Wink
Rather have him doing it FOR us than agin us!! Rolling Eyes

Well, if he can come up with 30 tries that could be another story Wink Whats the odds on that though??

Would his joining us mean we are losing Robinson? Or is he in addition?
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 9:01 pm

i would say as well as - bit of competition for places / new coach might be a kick up the khyber for Robbo -hes got time on his side and just needs tuning I think!
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 9:03 pm

penninegiant wrote:
i would say as well as - bit of competition for places / new coach might be a kick up the khyber for Robbo -hes got time on his side and just needs tuning I think!

Robinson has been a disappointment overall for me, but I suppose competition might make him sit up and try harder. That said we have Hemingway who could play 7 but he is overlooked more times than I care to think about.

Will await further news on this one.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 9:43 pm

Agree !!

In an earlier post - I said I thought the way Bolu/Tom were treat was despicable whatever the reasoning (purely for their performances when they HAD to deputise) and sent the wrong messages to other youngsters lower down the ladder !!

Tom had a stirling display against Catalans -MOM -7 goals - set up a try- and then isnt even in the squad !!

Bolu played twice in two seasons and was MOM for us both times (away games) Leeds and Wigan - and then sold!! Amazing man management ! Beats Me!!

it isnt fair when they ve done what was asked!!

Leroy and Lawrence have been treat mich fairer - and thats why their confidence nd ability HAS blossomed in my opinion !!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 11:08 pm

Just to put part of this discussion to bed, Tom's shoulder is absolutely knackered and may not play again even if anyone thinks he is good enough. That's why he hasn't been considered playing for ages. The club would rather hope that this isn't common knowledge so that they can offload him if possible.
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 5:56 am

Mum's the word Suspect
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:15 am

SHHH!!!! Sorry!!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 8:16 am

Mandy Giants Fan wrote:
Mum's the word Suspect

It's not the word i would have chose.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 4:44 pm

Shame to hear that about Tom. Will be a waste of talent if he is forced to quit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todd Carney to Giants   Todd Carney to Giants Empty

Back to top Go down

Todd Carney to Giants
Page 1 of 1