Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carney meets new boss

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Carney meets new boss Empty
PostSubject: Carney meets new boss   Carney meets new boss EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 5:31 am

Quote :
Sacked Canberra Raider Todd Carney was an interested spectator at the Scottish rugby league team's training yesterday.

Carney returned to the capital to meet with his new boss Richard Thewlis, the chief executive of his Super League club Huddersfield and Scotland World Cup team manager.

Thewlis was at Northbourne Oval yesterday overseeing the Scots in the lead-up to the match against France at Canberra Stadium on Sunday but found time to chat with Carney about his move to Huddersfield.Under Super League guidelines, Carney cannot begin training with his new club until December 1, the day his contract starts.

But Thewlis said it would have been "rude" not to meet with his new signing.

He also met with former Tigers fullback Brett Hodgson and coach Nathan Brown who will join Carney at Huddersfield next year on Sunday.

"I've obviously spoken to him many times, but I'd never met him, and given fact we are in Canberra it just would have been rude to not have a chat with him and have a coffee," Thewlis said.

"It was nice to be down here and touch base with Todd."Carney was sensationally sacked earlier this year after a number of off-field incidents.

Thewlis was not concerned about his new halfback's past misdemeanours.

He said Huddersfield had a good record of sorting out troubled players.

"We are very confident he'll settle in," he said.

"It's what we said when we brought him here it's the responsibility of the club and everybody at Huddersfield to make him feel at home and I'm confident we will.

"We have a good record of helping players feel settled and at home, and I'm sure Todd will be another example of that.

"Huddersfield is a lovely place and the Giants' supporters are over the moon with all our signings for next season."

The Bravehearts had an intense training session at Northbourne Oval, put through their motions by former Canberra halfback Brad Drew.

The nuggety utility, who played more than 140 games in the NRL between 1996 and 2004, is the country's fitness conditioner for the World Cup.

He said he was excited to return to Canberra, where he played 39 matches across two years.

"I made some good friends while I was here, and hopefully I'll get the chance to meet up with them while I'm here," Drew said.

"I know Jason Croker is in town, so I'll catch up with him, Mick Robertsonwho I played with while I was here is in the Scottish squad, and hopefully Troy Thompson as well. It will be good to see the old boys, but obviously we need to focus on what we need to do on Sunday."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Carney meets new boss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carney meets new boss   Carney meets new boss EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:06 pm

good to see him taking an intrest Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Carney meets new boss
Page 1 of 1