Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Season Tickets

Go down 
+9
Giant-Dragon
penninegiant
reidy
CA
ponner
matt01
adelaide-giant.no9
dannablue
Mandy Giants Fan
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Season Tickets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 7:27 pm

Got mine! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 12:33 pm

Anyone any idea what the figure is now, that has been sold?

I heard something about 2,500 which is not a lot really, but maybe a lot of people holding back yet till last minute Smile
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 4:02 pm

Hope it's more!
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 4:33 pm

well my dad got ours on thurs so thats 7 two of the 7 been new ticket holders!
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 6:29 pm

2500 is a real disappointment, but then again after the original push we have practically heard sod all from the club in the main media. They should be on local radio, newspapers, around town etc... shouting from the roof tops, yet we hardly hear a word.

Friends of mine from work who had been to the Catalan game believed they had missed the deal until I corrected them, but even I couldn't remember when the deadline actually was.

I really hope the club have something clever planned very shortly to put this in the limelight again, otherwise I fear it will have been a bit of a failure.
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 6:27 am

matt01 wrote:
2500 is a real disappointment, but then again after the original push we have practically heard sod all from the club in the main media. They should be on local radio, newspapers, around town etc... shouting from the roof tops, yet we hardly hear a word.

Friends of mine from work who had been to the Catalan game believed they had missed the deal until I corrected them, but even I couldn't remember when the deadline actually was.

I really hope the club have something clever planned very shortly to put this in the limelight again, otherwise I fear it will have been a bit of a failure.

I must admit there are flyers about for it on the buses, but will everyone pick them up, they need people about in town, selling it to them.

I might have a potential new ticket holder, as she loves rugby, just checking again today Smile
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 8:53 pm

Poor response to a fantastic offer, expected well over 3000 at this point. Ken Davey must be really despondent at the take up, and must think the Huddersfield population don`t deserve a good quality Rugby League team.
What surprises me is that Town sold 16000 cheap season tickets but still do not get attendances up to this figure even with the away support. (not surprised though I fall asleep watching soccer)
If only we could reach that figure it would be fantastic.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 11:49 am

Shogun wrote:
Poor response to a fantastic offer, expected well over 3000 at this point. Ken Davey must be really despondent at the take up, and must think the Huddersfield population don`t deserve a good quality Rugby League team.
What surprises me is that Town sold 16000 cheap season tickets but still do not get attendances up to this figure even with the away support. (not surprised though I fall asleep watching soccer)
If only we could reach that figure it would be fantastic.

It is indeed a very poor response, and could have very serious consequences for Fartown, I have a lot of respect for Ken Davy and he deserves some success, but when he has tried stunts before to try and pull fans in they have not worked, I'm thinking of when Gary Schofield was Signed for example, it was done purely and simply to try and swell crowds and it was a dismal failure, I dont blame him for trying these things but in my opinion ( as has been said by a certain other poster ) It's what happens on the field that matters more than anything else, People will turn up to watch a winning team and if that team are playing attractive football they will turn up in big numbers. Now i know that to have a team like that you have to have the right players, and for that you have to have the revenue, It's all linked i know, but in this age of salary caps we are all supposed to have the same spending power, which in theory gives us a equal chance of the better players, so for me It,s up to fartown to get their share, I think KD has always tried to do that given the money available, but they have not always delivered for one reason or another, This season there seems to have been a marked change, players have been let go who in the past have been kept, because they have never let us down, or they have always given their best or whatever.
Once you get the crowds up there you can easily ride out a few poor seasons ( if they occur ) because fans will stay for a certain length of time expecting things to get back to what they have come to expect ( perfect example Wigan ) But when you have a team like fartown who have been starved of any real success for so long that the majority of fans have never seen them win anything, or indeed play good entertaining football for any sustained period then it is really hard. Some people have sited the small amount of success over the last few years, Without wishing to trivialise this, in my opinion it has been blown out of all proportion, Yes to fans who have never seen Fartown compete with and regularly beat all the so called top sides on a regular basis, then this will seem like success, especially after what had been served up for the 40 years before, and true, fan numbers have crept up over the last few seasons ( although i dont think they have this last season in real terms) In any event they have not gone up enough to stop K Davy putting on this half price offer .
If the team with the new coach and players can deliver on the field in the next couple of years things could go well, If not i think Fartown will almost certainly be replaced by another team at the next franchise licence, maybe Fax, or more likely Widnes ( to even things out each side of the hill) If that was to Happen IMO K Davy would walk away and call it a day, and who could blame him, If half price tickets dont work ( and unfortunately things look very disappointing at the moment) Then only performances on the field can save the day, which brings us back to where we started, we can not afford any more of the Sharp years, where it was one step forward one step backwards, and before any Sharp fans jump on me, I'm not saying he alone was responsible, Although again IMO his achievements like those of his teams were grossly exaggerated, however that's water under the bridge, Its what happens from now on that matters, Lets hope the fans do turn up , and the team and coach perform as we dream of them doing. If they do everything in the Garden should be rosey.
These are just my thoughts I'm interested to hear if people think i have it all wrong.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 12:31 pm

can not argue with that bo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 7:50 pm

Exactly right BO.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:17 pm

I think that now baldy has gone, we have a new coach who actually has a track record and some decent signings. Let's keep upbeat gang.
I for one have a pretty good feeling about Browny.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 10:30 pm

reidy@work wrote:
I think that now baldy has gone, we have a new coach who actually has a track record and some decent signings. Let's keep upbeat gang.

I have a good feeling about Brown too! should be an awesome season next season!
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 11:46 pm

reidy@work wrote:
know what you mean reidy,but I have a good feeling every season. Smile
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 3:18 pm

bostock wrote:
reidy@work wrote:

Know what you mean mate, but i feel the difference is that this season we have young players who will be keen, and hungry for a chance, In past seasons they have had no chance, a lot is going to depend on Brown and how he handles the players.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:04 pm

very good point bo,the aussie coach's tend to give youth a chance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 7:53 pm

bostock wrote:
reidy@work wrote:

After the amount you drink, I'm not surprised! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 10:52 pm

KETTLE CALLING PAN SPRINGS TO MIND!!!! Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 12:07 am

reidy@work wrote:
bostock wrote:
reidy@work wrote:

After the amount you drink, I'm not surprised! Very Happy
T TOTAL mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets   Season Tickets - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Season Tickets
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2