Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Season tickets

Go down 
+3
boomer
dannablue
BO JANGLES
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Season tickets Empty
PostSubject: Season tickets   Season tickets EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Does any one have any info at all on how season tickets sales are going, I put a few questions to the lad on the window when i went down to renew mine and the Grandsons but i just got a few well practised mumbles by way of answers. Getting information out of the Giants about season tickets seems to be as easy as blood from stones. I never knew what the numbers were last year were, so even if i got to know the figures this time i wouldn't know if we are going forward or not.
I have a distinct feeling that all in the garden is not rosy, with the lack of signings considering the front liners we have lost and the lack of info coming out you just get that impression, Maybe some one knows something, If so i wouldn't mind a bit of sharing, cause i know sweet ---- all
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Season tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season tickets   Season tickets EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:10 pm

I am somewhat concerned about the lack of signings and info coming from the club. We seem to be quiet on a lot of fronts or perhaps its just me who doesnt look in the right areas?!

When I went to renew season tickets for me and the rest of the clan I felt that I was inconveniencing the lad behind the counter because I was renewing so many (8 in all). He did a lot of sighing and wasnt the most chatty of characters for one sat behind a sales desk. Perhaps he was having a bad day...whatever the reason it didnt feel welcoming...perhaps he was one of the Town bunch who dont seem to be bothered whether we sign up or not!

I had hoped we would have made another good signing for this coming season, I know there has been a few youngsters signed but the first teamers we have lost dont seem to have been replaced. Only hope the good work we have done thus far is not going to be thrown away by not strengthening again for next year.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Season tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season tickets   Season tickets EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:09 pm

l think sales will be down this year, 3 games in Fax (totaly unneccasery in my opinion), will put lots of people off, l know the price is right, but it will be easier selling icecream to Eskimoes, than tickets to the sporting public in Huddersfield,
Average crowd down to 7K.
l,m usually very optimistic, but like previous posters something not quite right
Hope l,m wrong

Shocked Season tickets 21033
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Season tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season tickets   Season tickets EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:14 pm

I have said in the other post, we need two more quality signings to complete a competative squad and there is no sign. A couple of announcements would have helped sales along I think.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Season tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season tickets   Season tickets EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Even though they have frozen prices for renewing a season ticket I think numbers will be down simply because of the Fax situation. I know it made me think twice. Still they don't seem to be marketing much at all either and with the lack of big signings it does seem to be a very low key off season. Hopefully there will be some big news to come, but because it is after the early bird discount it could still be too late to get many more in. Maybe they could extend the early bird discount deadline.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Season tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season tickets   Season tickets EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:53 pm

matt01 wrote:
Even though they have frozen prices for renewing a season ticket I think numbers will be down simply because of the Fax situation. I know it made me think twice. Still they don't seem to be marketing much at all either and with the lack of big signings it does seem to be a very low key off season. Hopefully there will be some big news to come, but because it is after the early bird discount it could still be too late to get many more in. Maybe they could extend the early bird discount deadline.

That's why i have the feeling something is amiss Matt, I would have thought that to help ticket sales along, they would have made some sort of statement of the intention to sign some one even if they can't name anyone in particular, unless of course there are going to be none, If this is the case then IMO it definitely indicates that things are not as they should be, Much as i am in favor of signing quality young kids, you can't replace 5 or 6 players with them all at one hit, at this moment we look significantly weaker than last season, Lets hope something breaks.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Season tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season tickets   Season tickets EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:08 pm

We arent even getting announcements on the new sponsor for the stadium itself, or our new shirt sponsor...or any build up for the new shirt for next season...things are way too quiet for my liking! We are 7 weeks away from Christmas...where is the marketing? Unless you read the Examiner (which I dont as its full of bad depressing news and too much football) you dont find anything out. I live in Marsh...wouldnt know we had an RL team sometimes if I wasnt already a supporter.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Season tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season tickets   Season tickets EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Isn't this usual for the Giants though?? All we know is that we'll have a new shirt thanks to the Uni pulling out being main sponsor!!

As for the stadium name announcement I was reliably imformed nobody had put forward a bid, yet I put this on the other forum and it's "It's all signed and sealed and ready to be announced by October" Well I'm sorry but October ended last week and other than the examiner saying theres a bid being finalised and again assuring it will be announced in October nothing!!! Is it no wonder I don't believe everything I read, it also amazes me how these imformed souls seem to know more than those that actually work at the stadium as the communication within the stadium is a complete shambles!!!
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Season tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season tickets   Season tickets EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:45 pm

Marketing is always poor. See loads of teams have got the new shirt already on display. Wrote a few times to James Bammer last year, don't think it's good enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Season tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season tickets   Season tickets Empty

Back to top Go down

Season tickets
Page 1 of 1