Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jamie Simpson

Go down 
+15
Mable_syrup
Durham Giant
Giantdee
defleppard
matt01
Meltham Giant
Pharmergibbs
reidy
Shogun
Gem Bob
joek
boomer
ponner
adelaide-giant.no9
FLYINGPROP
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Jamie Simpson - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:13 am

Durham Giant wrote:
defleppard wrote:
Giantdee wrote:
Nobody, more likely McGilvary drops out and one of Leroy or Bruno moves to wing. However if Simpson has arrived I think more likey we see him at Cas

From what I have seen so far McGillvary is ready to play SL.Tough as it might seem I think it would have to be Lawrence who made way for Simpson.

Mc Gilvaray is not a patch on Lawrence. Defensively Lawrence is superb, tackling, positioning , the high ball. On attack he is not as direct as Mc G but has a much better fotballing brain. His try at St helens where he kicked around the winger before gathering the ball was a sublime bit of skill. Lawrence will be a feature for the Giants long after McG is forgotten about.

Bit harsh on McGillvary that,he has done well to force himself into the first 13.He's had so few games,would say the juries still out on the functioning of his footballing brain.Previously he has had the awareness to pass the ball back on the inside to his centre to score when he was running out of space.Wouldn't argue about the Lawrence defence.A tough call for Nathan Brown as to who to leave out.Bruno may replace McG on the wing due to his seniority,and possibly it could depend on who performs best down in Cardiff.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:45 am

The concern i have abut McG is his ability to field the high Kick, against the likes of Richards or King he will get murdered. I am looking forward to how NB plans for this . the only option would be to get the centre to swap with him on kicks. That will either work or be a cock up.

Until i see the defence properly tested then i reserve judgement on how this will work out.

McGs most positive point is his strength and ability to finish near the line. He has real strengt and ability to break a tackle which means he will be dangerous running the ball out of defence but will need to find his suport players to back him up.

Until i see the defence properly tested then i reserve judgement on how this will work out.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Saw him (McG) diffuse one particular bomb over at Widnes,it was uncontested but he didn't wait for the ball and gather it into his chest,he took it Aussie Rules style with both arms up above his head.Never looked like dropping it.He is nothing if not strong in the biceps and forearms obviously.

Whether he can leap high when necessary,to be honest struggling to recall a time when he has been called on to do this.
Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Great news, cant wait to see him and the lads in action now.

Read the article about him in the Examiner the other day, very informative and touching. He has been through a lot for one so young.
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Welcome Jamie to the land of the Giants... lets hope he gets a bit of rest and fits straight into a winning team !!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Took his bleedin time, did he swim lol???? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Starting to look like Dodgy may have to be the one to make way.Would not like to lose Bruno from the side,he's a class operator,so he would have to go to the wing.Tough on Bruno but these top class Aussie outside backs are normally devastating runners of the football.
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:22 pm

I dont understand what peoples issues are with David Hodgson.
Why do people want to get rid of him?
Imo he is one of our better players!
How else did he become top try scorer last season?
He played really well on Saturday as well.

Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:54 am

Giant-Dragon wrote:
I dont understand what peoples issues are with David Hodgson.
Why do people want to get rid of him?
Imo he is one of our better players!
How else did he become top try scorer last season?
He played really well on Saturday as well.

With a lot of people (including myself) i think it is the lack of pace, I think even his biggest fans would have to agree, that if it had been him rather than cudjo that took that interception against Warrington in the playoffs, he would have been caught fairly easily. He is definitely a grafter, some games last season he was carting the ball up as often as the forwards, and It's ok to help out but It's not really what you want from a winger, I know he has scored a lot of tries ( and good for him ) but much like S Wild who put in a lot of tackles , there comes a time when you have to give way to younger players, It's time for players like Mcgillivray to be given their chance. D Hodgson is a competent fullback and maybe that is where he can be a part of the team , who knows ?. For me It's definitely time to be giving some of the young players some game time, We have the best crop of youngsters we have had for many a long year, lets not go down the Hemmingway path again.

There is a rumor going about that we have signed A Murphy from Wakey , don't know if it's true or not , but he is a very good player, or will be in a decent side. Perhaps Ponner or Old school may have heard a whisper, they generally seem to pick up useful info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Simpson   Jamie Simpson - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jamie Simpson
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2