Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

good news

Go down 
+2
Gem Bob
boomer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

good news Empty
PostSubject: good news   good news EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:53 pm

Hopefully the proposed development at the Pharm will go ahead in 2012. The Giants should benefit from leases,
and direct income streams from joint ownership of Cable car, bowling alley, etc.
21 resturants and bars, Maybe this would be a good time for the Supporters assc. to push for a club house/bar/resturant while things are still in the planning stage, and Ken has some input ??
Smile
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: good news   good news EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:32 pm

To be fair this has been in the planning stages since before the beginning of time. I doubt anyone is holding their breath on this.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: good news   good news EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:00 pm

Was in the planning stage - now granted

Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: good news   good news EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:41 am

Hope it gets done faster than Kingsgate did! That was in the making for 25 years or something ridiculous. I remember them talking about the ski village thing when I used to live in Moldgreen and I left there 7 years ago and it had been mentioned for a couple of years prior to that so I wont hold my breath that this will now happen swiftly, especially with the financial climate at present. Looks impressive if it comes off if somewhat ambitious. Time will tell I suppose.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: good news   good news EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 12:21 pm

TBH all this has been in the pipeline since they first considered the stadium over 20 years ago just in different guises which the Kingsgate developement was! I remember them saying the ford garage was to demolished for the shopping centre but the plans kept having to be redrawn and Sainsbury's jumped in and got there first!!! I did a project at school ( shows how long they messed about with it!) on what was to be the shopping centre and it was to go right to the canal and I was very disapointed with the final result having seen the original plans which rivaled Meadowhall in concept!!!

The Golf range was just the start of the outer developement of the stadium which was to include a ski slope and restaurants and hotels!! Just look at all the land that was cleared for these developements all along Kilner bank left empty or redeveloped ( akin to the Sainsburys), I'll believe it when I see with the history of our Council!!
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: good news   good news EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:21 pm

l know what your all saying, Kingsgate was a mare, but there was lots of legal shinanigins going on re leases, contractors, compo, forced sales etc.
This developement is on waste, empty land, so those problems won,t be there.
Anyway lets hope it happens, anything is a plus. good news 21033
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: good news   good news EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 11:19 pm

anything is a miracle!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: good news   good news EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:33 am

your a bad lad Rod, What a Face Have you been watching the game this morning? good news 21033
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: good news   good news Empty

Back to top Go down

good news
Page 1 of 1