Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will we ever be that good?

Go down 
+4
defleppard
ponner
reidy
Gem Bob
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Will we ever be that good? Empty
PostSubject: Will we ever be that good?   Will we ever be that good? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:49 pm

Having re watched Saints v Leeds GF both teams were superb. Im talking absolutely awesome. In every department i felt both teams were miles ahead of us or indeed any other SL team.
Sinfield summed it up well by saying that any Leeds player could pretty much select what team they wanted to go play for and he is spot on.

I know we finished 3rd, but for me we are miles away.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever be that good?   Will we ever be that good? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:10 pm

I think we will be better next season, once Nathan has had chance to mould his own team. I can see one or two players being loaned out and other loan signings being on the cards, but 1st season in charge and he's worked magic.

Bring on 2010!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever be that good?   Will we ever be that good? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:35 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
Having re watched Saints v Leeds GF both teams were superb. Im talking absolutely awesome. In every department i felt both teams were miles ahead of us or indeed any other SL team.
Sinfield summed it up well by saying that any Leeds player could pretty much select what team they wanted to go play for and he is spot on.

I know we finished 3rd, but for me we are miles away.

Any thoughts?
Well god knows how he was given man of the match last night and I wouldn't want to see us sign him. Never rated him as a player although he's a decent goal kicker but last night he was even gash at that. I wouldn't even have Ablett at our place in exchange for our 2nd rowers. I'm not that big on Diskin either, much rather have Lunt. Kirke and Bailey are no better than our forwards.
I wouldn't really say last nights game was a classic either, put that game at Knowsley road in front of 10k and it wouldn't have felt the same, it was the atmosphere that made it feel special imo. Our performance against Saints in the semis was up there with last nights game at least.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever be that good?   Will we ever be that good? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 5:42 pm

I really think we could with Nathan Brown in charge.The wrestling tactics have upset the rest like you can't believe could almost say it has ruined St Helens.We need the same next year,but I believe that Moore's defence will take a hell of a lot of replacing,though admittedly his form dropped away at the end.

Drew will provide us with the craft on attack that was not evident last year.

We need another prop if possible and a big athletic one at that,we can't afford to get monstered early doors like in the final and at Saints.Maybe he could look at moving Andy Raleigh up to the front row.

I'd like to think Fauimu would return but not necessarily as a hooker,he offers something different from the rest.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever be that good?   Will we ever be that good? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 3:13 pm

I know what you are trying to say Gem, but when you look at the league you can see we are not far away from either of them, neither one of them have run away with the table, and they are obviously no better than we are in defence, when we are at our best we are a match for anyone, It's just that they seem to be able to give it their best more often than we do , but we are improving. The other main difference (especially with Leeds at the moment ) Is they have confidence, the kind that comes from winning things, I think N Brown (given time ) can do the same for our team. Leeds are no better than us in many of the positions, but they are better in the halves, Imo most of the good sides i have seen have been strong in and around the halves, Is it because Sculthorpe is not there, and Long is no longer the player he was , and Pryce is very hit and miss, that Saints are not quite what they were. Wigan went backwards ,or at best stood still when Barret left, this season they have picked up no end since Tompkins got in the side, and maybe Grix will be the man for us.

Many teams will get themselves really up for a final ( sadly not us this year ) but i have to agree with Ponner that most fans will see that final as a very hard game fought out by two evenly matched sides giving it their best shot.
Keep the faith brother next year we shall be the equell of anyone.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever be that good?   Will we ever be that good? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 5:30 pm

Personally I think we punched above our weight this season. The players regularly performed at their highest possible level, they were a credit to the club, but can they repeat the trick next season?
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever be that good?   Will we ever be that good? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 5:43 pm

Long and especially cunningham seem gone to me, and without them saints aren't the same team. Long's last play options were very poor, and he used to be so good. Wouldn't be too hopeful if i were a Hull fan.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever be that good?   Will we ever be that good? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:18 pm

Long and Cunningham getting a little long in the tooth as are alot of the Leeds team such as Peacock and Senior, Webb is no spring chicken for a back and Donald will be 30 before new season kicks off.
We have a few oldies but we seem to be bringing more youth thru than the Rhino's at present.
Lunt, Cudjoe, Lawrence and Patrick to name a few.
Just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever be that good?   Will we ever be that good? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will we ever be that good?
Page 1 of 1