Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brown leaving - Official

Go down 
+6
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
defleppard
Giant-Dragon
matt01
reidy
Gem Bob
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Brown leaving - Official Empty
PostSubject: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:38 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/huddersfield/8675537.stm

Davy on all the recent uncertainty:

"However there is no doubt that this has been an unsettling period for all concerned and now that the uncertainty is cleared up, we can all knuckle down to the immediate job in hand, which is bringing success to the Huddersfield Giants"

Agree completely and am glad this is now sorted.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:03 pm

Gutted, but if Nathan isn't happy then he's gotta do it.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Glad Nathan has been honest with the club and fans. Family is more important so I understand why he needs to do this. Hopefully now people are clear what is happening everyone get on with finishing as high up the league as possible and then making more of an impression on the play-offs than last season.
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:26 pm

Actually proper gutted about this. He's actually a lovely guy and has qualities other coaches havent. Totally one of a kind.

But as Matt said at least hes been honest. And hopefully we can try finish on a high so he can go out in style along with Brett.
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Wonder how much his family having to endure the worst winter for 30 years has to do with this.Unlucky for us if so.

Slightly disappointing but family comes first,glad it's out in the open.Guess there is always a possibility of this happening when you recruit from overseas.

Whoever takes his place has got a very hard act to follow.Imo his greatest legacy will be that he instilled the self belief in our team that they could go out there and beat the likes of Leeds & St Helens,all built on the back of a superbly organised and committed defence.

Sir Ken seems as keen as ever,which is heartening.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:52 pm

It's for the best, Nathan has worked hard and helped get the club to where it is currently. The time is right for a new coach to take us on to the next level, I have every hope that Baloo can be that man. He did a fine job alongside Kieron Purtill when Jon Sharp left and he can only have improved under the guidance of Nathan. I would rather have an up and coming English coach anyway, I hope the club opt for a Brit rather than an Aussie even if Baloo isn't ready to step up.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Very sad news, he has been outstanding. I wish him well back home, but I would go with an aussie coach, they are far ahead at the moment I'm sad to say.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Thats Nathan Brown & Gordon Brown, 2 high profile names giving notice in one day!
Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:04 pm

I'd just like the best man for the job, If they get us winning finals, i dont care if they are from....Wakefield!!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Mable_syrup wrote:
I'd just like the best man for the job, If they get us winning finals, i dont care if they are from....Wakefield!!

You kidding? That's one dodgy neighbourhood dude!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:13 pm

These quotas that the RFL have set shouldn't just reflect the playing staff but the coaching staff as well. Take Terry Matterson for example, great player...but is he doing the job at Cas better than a Jon Sharp, Karl Harrison, Matt Calland, Kieron Purtill could do? I don't agree with getting an Aussie or Kiwi in for the sake of it just because they happen to come from the two strongest international RL countries.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:49 pm

At least we know where we stand now, and KD can start to plan ahead, He has done a great job, there's no denying that, we scooped the pool on awards last season, which speaks for it's self, It's all gone a bit pear shaped this last month, and at the end of the day his family is far more important than rugby.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:13 pm

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/brown-could-follow-gasnier-back-to-dragons-20100512-uvgc.html

Might be a lot happier soon it suggests..................................??????????? Maybe??? Neutral
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:59 pm

Just seen front page Examiner headline,Jammer says NB is best coach he's ever played under,and Jammer has been around the block a few times.

Maybe we were lucky to have NB for two seasons.

Jammer also "confused" why we let the MOS depart

Link
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brown leaving - Official   Brown leaving - Official Empty

Back to top Go down

Brown leaving - Official
Page 1 of 1