Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

N Brown

Go down 
+4
FLYINGPROP
reidy
dannablue
BO JANGLES
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: N Brown   N Brown EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:30 pm

I know this has been done before, but there are strong rumors going about again about him going back to Os.
You never know of course but It seems a bit early to me ( If it turns out to be true ). He has done well with us , but hardly enough to pull a job at one of the better clubs over there, If we were to win something this year ,It would improve his chances no end of course, There is also the possibility that the likes of Leeds would want to make a play for him as well, I'll be sorry if he leaves us after just two seasons, But just like the players he has to do what's best for him and his family.

If all this were to come about Who would we get as a replacement, It would have to be another Aussie for me, the only other thing i would be likely to be remotely happy with would be Anderson, anyone else any thought on this.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 4:26 pm

I think there is a lot of time between now and the end of his contract and these rumours will increase as time goes on.

I also feel that NB is a man who likes a challenge and he knows that his job is nowhere near done here and he doesnt strike me as a man who likes to leave a job when its only half done.

I am sure he will do what he feels he needs to when the time comes I only hope he gets an extension and stays with us for some years to come.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:27 pm

There was speculation in one of the tabloids at the end of last season Bo, when I asked NB about it, he said it's complete b!ll*ck$ mate, I ain't going anywhere!
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:44 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
I know this has been done before, but there are strong rumors going about again about him going back to Os.
You never know of course but It seems a bit early to me ( If it turns out to be true ). He has done well with us , but hardly enough to pull a job at one of the better clubs over there, If we were to win something this year ,It would improve his chances no end of course, There is also the possibility that the likes of Leeds would want to make a play for him as well, I'll be sorry if he leaves us after just two seasons, But just like the players he has to do what's best for him and his family.

If all this were to come about Who would we get as a replacement, It would have to be another Aussie for me, the only other thing i would be likely to be remotely happy with would be Anderson, anyone else any thought on this.

Aiiiiii Pamela Anderson bouncing round in one of those training vests, can see it now Bo Smile Wink
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:49 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

Aiiiiii Pamela Anderson bouncing round in one of those training vests, can see it now Bo Smile Wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:48 pm

There would be no shortage of scrumagers in training woild there. Wink
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:04 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
There would be no shortage of scrumagers in training woild there. Wink

Or anyone to get in the bath afterwards! What a Face
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Thanks to the generosity of Ken Davy,NB is now able to spend up to the cap limit,so not sure why he would feel the need to move to another SL club,other than if he felt he was getting stale here or alternatively being offered a huge salary increase.

Suppose we need to remember NB & others like him are moving in from 12k miles distant,they have no deep affinity to one particular English club or another - or any particular area.

As for a replacement,then following the success of the new Wigan guy - whose name escapes me for the minute - it seems obvious that another young hungry to succeed Australian with fresh ideas would be the way to go.Sadly we do not at the moment appear to have the same calibre of English born coaches ready to step up.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Browny is Homesick, Looks ominous to me and won't be long before an NRL team come in for him.

LINK
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:48 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Browny is Homesick, Looks ominous to me and won't be long before an NRL team come in for him.

LINK

Sods law, we get a great coach and can't keep them! Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:20 pm

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is just a starter to get us used to the idea of him going, It will be a shame if he does go, he's done a great job for us, but there are other good coaches out there, some who have done better jobs than him, so we would just have to rely on Ken to get us another, I wouldn't be to dismayed to see Anderson & Drew doing the job.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:31 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is just a starter to get us used to the idea of him going, It will be a shame if he does go, he's done a great job for us, but there are other good coaches out there, some who have done better jobs than him, so we would just have to rely on Ken to get us another, I wouldn't be to dismayed to see Anderson & Drew doing the job.

I'd go with that Bo.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:18 pm

In my eyes it makes a mockery of RL as a whole. He is 'Contracted' to be at the Giants next year but says "I'm not sure where I'll be next year"
To be fair mate you should be sure you'll be at the Giants because that's what your contracted to do.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:10 pm

It seems these days that "contracts" are not worth the paper they are written on as players or coaches are able to get out of them early if they so wish...there have been several players returning home early from contracts already this season due to being "homesick".

It will be a shame if he goes but if he is truly homesick who are we to stop him returning to his family. He would resent the club and the fans if he was forced to stay where he does not want to be.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:37 pm

dannablue wrote:
It seems these days that "contracts" are not worth the paper they are written on as players or coaches are able to get out of them early if they so wish...there have been several players returning home early from contracts already this season due to being "homesick".

It will be a shame if he goes but if he is truly homesick who are we to stop him returning to his family. He would resent the club and the fans if he was forced to stay where he does not want to be.

I agree ,A coach is no different to a player, he will no doubt have a clause to say he can leave after 2 years, The thing is once a person has made it clear he dosen't want to stay It's pointless keeping him, Hopefully we are wrong.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:38 pm

Plus if his marriage is in difficulties due to his wife missing home, you can't deny anyone a chance of saving a marriage. Moreso where kids are involved.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:15 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
He is 'Contracted' to be at the Giants next year but says "I'm not sure where I'll be next year"
To be fair mate you should be sure you'll be at the Giants because that's what your contracted to do.

Tend to agree with this ^

Let's face it they get paid handsomely for doing a job they love,it's not like they have to work 6 days in a field or factory to make ends meet.Plus they must get told that it's a totally different lifestyle,they come over with their eyes wide open surely don't they ?

He's a great coach,but listening to all this guff recently makes me think if he wants to go then let him,right now if that's what he would like.No one individual is bigger than the club.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:24 pm

reidy wrote:
Plus if his marriage is in difficulties due to his wife missing home, you can't deny anyone a chance of saving a marriage. Moreso where kids are involved.

thats the one fella. if the wife is missing home then you have to go home and work it out, life is worth more than a contract with a "foreign" employeer, even if that employer is my team.. some players enjoy the 12k move, others miss home
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:46 pm

Ive a feeling deep down you miss us scabby lot Charlie!! Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:25 am

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
reidy wrote:

thats the one fella. if the wife is missing home then you have to go home and work it out, life is worth more than a contract with a "foreign" employeer, even if that employer is my team.. some players enjoy the 12k move, others miss home

That's the top and bottom Charlie, no marriage is worth losing over a game of rugger, no matter how passionate anyone may be about the sport.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:16 am

I think Nathan will have the usual get out clause in his contract to release him at the end of 2010.

He has to do what is best for him and his family. I would love him to stay but if that is not right for him he will go with my best wishes. I honestly think he will be gone at the end of 2010 (or sooner if an Oz team come in for him).

I think Baloo should be given a crack at it if he does go. This may have had a bearing on why Brett signed for Wire as he knew Nathan would not be here?? It could also mean we will lose our conditioner as IIRC he came as a package with Nathan...times are a changing at the Giants eh! Lets hope this season gives us some great rewards whatever happens.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:47 am

It's a difficult one really, I would have thought there have been enough Aussie coaches over here over the years, anybody coming for the first time would have plenty of people to get some info from, and surely NB and his Mrs would have weighed up the possibility that they would not like it over here , before the deal was done. I agree he will have a get out clause after two years, and there is always the opposite can happen, If the coach is crap the club would get him out at the first chance. So for me if he goes he goes, I would rather him stay, but there are other coaches as good and better, I'm sure K Davy will do his best, but if the crowds don't start to turn up things will start to go downhill.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Know what you are saying Bo but it's the chicken and egg scenario, people wont come till we win owt and we wont have the best players/coaches after NB goes ect till people come to watch and get behind them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

N Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Brown   N Brown Empty

Back to top Go down

N Brown
Page 1 of 1