Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brown out?

Go down 
+5
BO JANGLES
DYSON28
matt01
reidy
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Do you feel like he's mugging Ken Davy and the club off at the moment? If he is going to leave at the end of the season (yes, I know it's still only an if) would it not just be better for the club if he left with immediate effect. I don't know the guy, don't want to run him down as he worked miracles alongside the coaching staff last season in getting the Giants to where they got to. It just seems to be going sour, even in our recent victories something hasn't looked right. Brett was looking a bit sulky on the pitch ever since Brough arrived, then it comes out he's signed for Warrington. The good understanding Kevin and Robbo had built up has been smashed and Cudjoe has not impressed me lately, last season he was looking like a world beater but has gone a bit flat lately. There just seems to be alot of negativity about the place, maybe a fresh start with a coach who really wants to be here would be good. I say stick Baloo in for the rest of the campaign.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Possibly, but see what happens next week mate. Sharp had more lives than a cat. Browny surely deserves the benefit of the doubt on this.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:34 pm

He does but I want him to come out and say that he is commited and up for the challenge. Sometimes he annoys me with his casual clothes and slouching in the stands like some kind of spaghetti western sheriff.....don't know where I'm going with this. It's not even about today's result, it just that sense of magic and anything is possible feeling has vanished and going to the Galpharm is something I feel I have to do at times rather than want to. Again it has nothing to do with success, I'll happily follow Hudds whatever competition or division they are in...but I need to see some desire, blood, sweat but preferably no tears I'll never leave them though...Huddersfield 4 life!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:17 pm

I doubt we need Brown out, but we do deserve some honesty about what is going on. And it would appear by the performance today so do the players? But is it Brown who has caused this or is it something else?
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:39 pm

Too many folk over here with free accomodation and a car talkking Hudders for a ride !!
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Anyway, on a positive note even if we do have a slight dip two cup finals since 2006 and making the playoffs has to be a mega achievement given where the club was 5-10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Correct Anwar ! i will take that !
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:12 pm

I know what you are saying mate, But just try and get new supporters in by telling them we have been to Wembley a couple of times recently, Huddersfield is a soccer town mate (sad as i am to say it ) If Town get promoted this time, things will get even worse, When you have a CC tie at home against a top side that only pulls in 6,000, and half or more of those are away fans, it,s not good, Also when we actually get to Wembley for the first time in over 50 years , the fans still dont turn up.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:31 pm

Agree with everything you say Bo, Ken Davy has chucked money at this club whenever he could but even he has to draw the line somewhere.
He has tried everything possible to get the fans in, we are the cheapest team in SL.
I get 1 adult season ticket and 3 Junior kids and cos introduced a mate this season got it all for £115. He has made big name signings and still the Pharm is like a morgue!!!!
There's nothing else he can do apart from pay people to come, to say it was where RL was born, it's shocking mate
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:50 am

As long as Sir Ken is willing to keep financing us we have every right to be in SL,the rest of SL can say what they like.Sir KD's not a quitter.

Let's not forget we do have a hard core of fans,just we lack the fanatical element that other clubs have.Too many of our supporters can take it or leave it,remarkable yesterday all the empty seats around us that are normally taken up by the same people but not there for whatever reason.

Saying that having witnessed some of the behaviour of a section of the Warrington young fanatics we could well do without that type of fanaticism.

It's obvious our club lost the battle for the fanatical element of support in Huddersfield to soccer down the years
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:25 am

I've only lived up here since 2007 and became affiliated with huddersfield in 2005 and started supporting the Giants from then. My actual family ties are with St Helens but I felt that it is right and proper to support your local side regardless of their standing. Had I lived in Batley, I would follow them...Halifax, Leeds, Bradford the same. So in reality I am a newish fan, but I tell you I am bloody committed and follow the Giants all over the place often at great expense especially during a recession and it frustrates me no end at how poor our support is. As Bo was saying to be pulling in 6,000 for a cup tie (against the team who beat us in the final last time out) and for half of those to be away fans is pathetic. I was totally blown away by the amount of supporter coaches Warrington brought, like 30 busses!! Damn, we struggle to fill one at times on our Giants on tour coach! People can make all the excuses they want about our support as has happened more times than I care to remember on another board I post on but I'm with people like Bo who say it how it is. There is no togetherness about this club. Teams like Warrington, Cas and the Hull sides to name only four are focal points of their communities. I feel really down about it all right now.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:15 am

Warrington do not have a football team competing for fans.

Town were playing Exeter at the same time we were playing and had the chance of immediate promotion. Folks who support both teams are going to be split between the two. Someone sat behind me was so hacked off with yesterday's performance she spent half her time on her mobile internet checking on Town's score!

We played a cup game a week after Magic Weekend - cost could have put some folks off.

My Sister and her family did not come as her husband was working, and likewise my brother did not travel from Hull due to work. Some people do work Saturdays.

The rubbish performance in Edinburgh last weekend was not exactly the best advert to get folks down to the game today.

Just a couple of reasons why folks may not have turned up.

I did but wished I hadnt!

As for Brown out now - would that solve all our problems in one go? Or would it cause more unrest in the players? Should Hodgson go now also? Would that solve all our problems? Or are we just all so upset and frustrated that we are looking for answers to why we are in the situation we are in and are making rash statements. I dont think Brown will be going anywhere until November, then I believe he will be going home.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:22 am

Yeah Danna, I reckon Browny is here until the end of the season and then contract clauses come into play.

PG & I were talking last night and we both reckon that whoever is responsible for allowing all the next season's movement news out at this stage into this season should be dismissed or shot. All that it has done is cause undue concern and unrest.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:13 am

reidy wrote:
Yeah Danna, I reckon Browny is here until the end of the season and then contract clauses come into play.

PG & I were talking last night and we both reckon that whoever is responsible for allowing all the next season's movement news out at this stage into this season should be dismissed or shot. All that it has done is cause undue concern and unrest.

Totally agree. It has caused concern and unrest not only among the team which is clear for all to see but also among fans which causes more upset when they start getting on the backs of players. Not good.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:46 pm

dannablue wrote:
Warrington do not have a football team competing for fans.

Town were playing Exeter at the same time we were playing and had the chance of immediate promotion. Folks who support both teams are going to be split between the two. Someone sat behind me was so hacked off with yesterday's performance she spent half her time on her mobile internet checking on Town's score!

We played a cup game a week after Magic Weekend - cost could have put some folks off.

My Sister and her family did not come as her husband was working, and likewise my brother did not travel from Hull due to work. Some people do work Saturdays.

The rubbish performance in Edinburgh last weekend was not exactly the best advert to get folks down to the game today.

Just a couple of reasons why folks may not have turned up.

I did but wished I hadnt!

As for Brown out now - would that solve all our problems in one go? Or would it cause more unrest in the players? Should Hodgson go now also? Would that solve all our problems? Or are we just all so upset and frustrated that we are looking for answers to why we are in the situation we are in and are making rash statements. I dont think Brown will be going anywhere until November, then I believe he will be going home.

I agree with some of what you have said there, all those things may have had some effect on the gate yesterday, particularly the town game, but what are on the list for the other games where we have pulled in rubbish crowds, What for example was stopping the crowds turning up for the Leeds game, we were playing well, at home to the champions and yet we managed around 10,000 i think it was, Wasn't it something close to 16,000 for the same game last year. The main excuse that day as far as i remember was that Leeds didn't bring half as many as they usually do, That may well have been true , but it just proves that we rely on other teams to boost our numbers.

Warrington are a good comparison to Huddersfield over the last 5 or 6 seasons, both have been threatening to come good, and to some extent both have done, Wolves more that the Giants IMO. I would say the main reason that they have increased their crowds to something like twice ours, is one that you have mentioned, and It's really the only relevant one IMO, It's the lack of competition from a soccer team.

Huddersfield is primarily a soccer town ,It always has been, and i suspect it always will be, I would give anything for it to be different, Ever in the Palmy days of the 1950's when we had a team to match any in the league, we would regularly beat all the big names because we played a great style of football, and we were a big name ourselves, We had players who were truly a joy to watch, players who were quite superb at creating tries for their team mates, a fullback who was the most entertaining in the league, and a loose forward who captained GB to lift the first word cup. Despite all this we never got the crowds that the other big names got, and town would always pull in twice the numbers that Fartown did, even in the years that Town were a poor side.

The answer is simple to me, Huddersfield is and always will be a Soccer town, I wish it were other ,but it isn't. The thing is ,What can be done to change things, K Davy appears to me to have done everything he can do , without making it free, The only thing i can think of that might work ( and it could be a long time bearing fruit if it did work ) Is for KD to spend a lot less on very expensive players who half the time can't stay fit enough to even get onto the field, and invest that money into the local Schools, get Rugby league played in every School, invest in the local Amateurs, bring some players through and into the side that ain't costing Thousands per game,
There is no guarantee that it would work, but neither has anything else worked, At some point KD is going to say enough is enough, no matter how big a Fan his Mrs is, He did not get to his position by chucking money away.

If i could turn the clock back 15 years or so, I would forget about the Galpharm, I would have built a stadium to hold maybe 10,000 that we could fill for our bigger games , and that cost maybe half as much to run, it would have the added benefit of some Atmosphere ( which the Galpharm doesn't ) and forget all about sharing with Town.

All water under the bridge I'm afraid, to late for all that. This is the reality of the situation, We could find a reason for every match we play where we get a poor crowd ,why people have not turned up, Almost everyone of them apply to all the other teams. I don't know the answer, I wish i did, but i do know it can't go on much longer before something gives, All KD has had for all his efforts to put us on the rugby map, Is two failed C Cup finals, and a playoff spot. If that were me i would be wanting a lot more than that for my money, and i am a life long supporter.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:03 am

Huddersfield probably could be regarded as a soccer town,but if you read Town's official publications it's only a soccer town on the back of half (if not more) of it's support originating from north Kirklees.

Then again soccer will never achieve the level of support it truly wants in this town because of it's ancient rivalry with RL going right back to 1908 and then up to the present day.The lads I go to the Giants with wouldn’t go watch Town for all the tea in China.

Of all the NU towns that got pro soccer on the back of Manninghams 'great betrayal' Huddersfield's soccer club did the best of the lot in it's early years and built up a following.

Not saying there are not swathes of soccer supporting folk in the Lancs NU towns of Warr/StH/Widnes for the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool etc. but them RL clubs are not directly in competition with those association football clubs i.e. no code rivalry between two clubs in the same town.Soccer in Wigan was very much an afterthought that struggled on for years and years.

If you look at our crowds generally they are the older generations.We lost those younger generations during the prolonged bad years.The club are doing the correct thing by giving free entry to young kids in the hope that the game will get into their blood,they go to the schools to get the kids playing the game,not sure what else they can do.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:53 am

win some silverware??? Neutral

In the post war years I stood in 10 k crowds regularly and we won championship / cup/ and if nowt else "Yorkshire Cup"

Thats what fans in Hudds want sadly --something tangible ---all the freebies in the world wont create revenue and atmosphere if we arent doing it on the pitch.

Football they believe they have to go -even if its like watching paint dry!

But after 57 years with only a 2nd Div championship and a buddies cup ? ---cant yer see why even the diehards patience is beig stretched (especially after displays like Edinburgh second half and Saturday!)

The young uns "join in" but with nothing to back it up they honestly cant take the disappointments - but for the staunch few

Most get fed up of "nearly but not quite" --"mid table teams"

as I said sad fact but true! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:59 am

penninegiant wrote:
win some silverware??? Neutral

In the post war years I stood in 10 k crowds regularly and we won championship / cup/ and if nowt else "Yorkshire Cup"

Thats what fans in Hudds want sadly --something tangible ---all the freebies in the world wont create revenue and atmosphere if we arent doing it on the pitch.

Football they believe they have to go -even if its like watching paint dry!

But after 57 years with only a 2nd Div championship and a buddies cup ? ---cant yer see why even the diehards patience is beig stretched (especially after displays like Edinburgh second half and Saturday!)

The young uns "join in" but with nothing to back it up they honestly cant take the disappointments - but for the staunch few

Most get fed up of "nearly but not quite" --"mid table teams"

as I said sad fact but true! Evil or Very Mad

A lot of truth in that mate, a lot of fans will watch a side that wins things, I agree with much of what DL says as well,

but i do think that wherever a legue club has to compete with a Soccer team it will come off second best. The only exeption i can think of would be Wigan ( who can increase their crowds even in a slump ) dont know about Hull ,I am not up on Soccer or it's crowds. So the answer is simple we just need to start and win things.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:08 am

Trouble is after Sundays showing we may be in for a long wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Think I`ll have a long long Snooze...........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brown out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown out?   Brown out? Empty

Back to top Go down

Brown out?
Page 1 of 1