Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great New Giants Offer

Go down 
+6
matt01
reidy
washy
adelaide-giant.no9
ponner
FLYINGPROP
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Great New Giants Offer Empty
PostSubject: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:07 am

The Giant Birthday Bonanza sees any child aged 7, 8 or 9 in the Kirklees region being able to benefit from a Huddersfield Giants replica shirt, adult and junior match tickets along with a matchday presentation during their birthday month, all for just £15.

Link

Think Town have something like this? I think it's a fantastic idea and the more kids seen wearing the giants colours the better IMO. Great New Giants Offer 21033 Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:00 am

It's a great thing they're doing. Other than offering it to 8 and 9 year olds too though, how is it different from the 7's scheme they used to run?
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:06 am

ponner wrote:
It's a great thing they're doing. Other than offering it to 8 and 9 year olds too though, how is it different from the 7's scheme they used to run?

they dont have to throw the blue and white shirt away lol
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:08 am

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
ponner wrote:

they dont have to throw the blue and white shirt away lol
It came in handy when we ran out of toilet paper Wink
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Rang em today regarding this and looks like they have shot themselves in the foot again.

The woman in ticket office had absolutely no idea what I was on about, stuck me on hold for 5 mins and then finally came back to me.

She took all details of my daughter who is 6 in June and took the £15 straight away off my card, she advised would send a ticket for the Saints game and a letter in the post about the presentation?

I have not got a clue if my daughter is gonna get a shirt before the Saints game or on her birthday or whenever, the woman in the ticket office had no idea and wasn't interested in the slightest.

If I wasn't about to buy the kids a shirt anyway and wasn't saving myself £25 quid I would have hung up!!!

Think the Giants need to have a word with the staff and a gentle reminder who pays their wages, seems a bit lobsided towards the Footie to me?
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 1:17 pm

To be fair the Giants don't really communicate very well with anyone at the stadium. They seemto keep a lot to themselves then at the last minute give important infomation people may need! But then again neither do Town.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 9:02 pm

It needs sorting.
Leave it with me, cos this is not good enough.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Have had a reply. Will contact FP by PM gang and let you know the outcome.

"Hi Scott

Thanks a lot for this email, really appreciated. This is obviously not good enough, I haven't had too much to do with this launch as am meeting myself coming backwards at mo, but I will do some investigating and make sure we get to the bottom of where it has fallen down.

If we could get the contact details of this gentleman that would be great and we will try and rectify the problem.

I appreciate that we need to respond to this so i will speak to Richard in the morning

Thanks again for letting me know

All the best
James"

In all fairness, James is a pretty good egg and tries to handle all general incoming email. He takes the time to reply.
From what he has said above, it appears that this incoming call of Ozzie's, was handled by a member of staff from the ticket office who wasn't aware of anything. However all relevant info should be cascaded down through the relevant channels.
If he is speaking to Mr Thewliss, then we can only hope that something is done about it and sharpish.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:54 pm

While on a similar subject I went into the club shop to a very helpful young lady.
As the home shirt voucher expires next wednesday I went in to get Cobi a shirt. He tried on a small boys and it was massive, it wouldn't fit him properly for a fair few years. Now when they first came in they had extra small boys but as the lass said they only had a couple and were picked up quickly. Also they had been complaints refering to the lack of shirts for the younger fan.

Now from what I gather this was the Giants who ordered the shirts and are reluctant in ordering more. Now I can understand if they dont sell but come on if theres complaints they should be acting. If they managed to order a couple for the launch why can't they now? Also it would seem even the extra small wouldn't fit Cobi, so Why no toddler kits?? There is a call for them as this according to the lass is one reason for some complaints

This was mentioned on here and the other site a while back and I put then that kids grow out of things quickly so why not have reasonable priced kids shirts?? They have loads of the White shirt for toddlers left but why would any parent buy these when they are outdated and still overpriced?

Also looking at the sizings of Cobi's shirts his outwear ones are small junior and fit him ( I recall that some 7 year olds had to exchange their large junior for small adult) whereas his age 2 KooGa just about still fit him!!

Anyway rant over! It's just really got to me that a club that prides itself on young supporters doesn't help them wear official upto date shirts!! Some decent hoodies have just arrived though!!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 6:15 pm

Went to buy a baby grow for boys, but they only had the pink ones left, when I asked when they would next be in stock, I simply got a dunno reply.
Back to top Go down
Eclair
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 6:25 pm

There was apparently no demand for the dvd of us beating Leeds when I tried to buy one!
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:03 pm

Thats their answer theres no demand for anything! Apparently the KooGa stock they have now is what they have for the season.

How many new young fans go into the club shop and see nothing for the Giants , their prefered club and go out with a town top?? now only the shop staff could answer this but I have been in when a family have been in there one child looking yearnfully at their sibling as they're fitting a town shirt on, and the parent saying to the one without "well if they had your size love you'd be getting your giants top!". Beleive me this has happened!
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 9:42 pm

My favourite topic, terrible merchandising at the club. Can not understand what they are doing. Had a thread on this before the away shirt came out. Still don't understand what they are doing, seems a poor show to me.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:25 pm

I know they want to make a profit, but have they thought long term? If a kid goes in with their family to buy some Fartown stuff, but walk away disappointed will this affect their future support? Could they then miss out on 50 years of season tickets from this person? Fair enough, it is not likely, but it only has to happen once a season and it starts to add up. They do wonderful things like the current 'Giant Birthday Bonanza' scheme, then mess up by not having the club shop properly stocked.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 10:09 am

Please itemise what you want to see in the shops and I will pass it on.
I.E.

Toddler shirts
DVD's
etc
etc
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 10:26 am

More choice of leisure wear
DVD's of games(how hard can it be to run a couple of copies off onto a dvd and when they've sold out then run a couple more off, it won't break the bank)
More pink stuff for the girls.
Giants toilet seats(saw these in Bulls shop once, looked good)
Better choice of car stickers(IT'S FREE PUBLICITY FOR THE CLUB!!!)

TBH though if it's their job to choose merchandise for the club then they should have looked in to what sells at other clubs of a similar size. It's not rocket science thinking of what would sell in a shop.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 10:52 am

It's not rocket science mate, I couldn't agree more but if we tell them, then us as supporters are being pro-active in doing our bit. If they don't action it after that, then we will openly criticise them.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:27 am

But the thing is the lass in the shop said they had been complaints refering to the lack of stuff there, so something is amiss!!

I wouldn't go as far as buying a toilet seat but theres been bedroom furnishing and it's just too expensive! £30 for a single duvet cover is it no wonder these dont sell!!! Cobi would love a giants duvet cover but equally is happy with his toy story, George pig and Thomas duvet covers which cost all together less than a giants one!! Again he wanted the Giants Pyjama's which are the tshirt and short variety which again at £15 seems a tad expensive! I'm not being tight here but if I dont buy these things why would anyone else?

They overprice things then complain theres no demand, but how quick do things get sold when it's reasonably priced? Shown when they sold off last seasons squad kit!!
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:05 pm

I remember I wrote an article for PG's fanzine once about the prices been too much for merchandise and how we would (at the time i was classed as youth) youth supporters would purchase merchandise if it was cheaper. You'd of thought the club would of read and recongised that...
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 5:11 pm

Look at the town stuff! T shirts, polo shirts of all sizes! hire someone who knows what they are doing. We have fans who will buy, but there isn't enough choice.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Giant-Dragon wrote:
I remember I wrote an article for PG's fanzine once about the prices been too much for merchandise and how we would (at the time i was classed as youth) youth supporters would purchase merchandise if it was cheaper. You'd of thought the club would of read and recongised that...
It's as if the club don't believe the fans when we give our opinion regarding what to stock at the club.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 8:06 pm

And yet the town fans complain theres not enough in the shop for them!!

As i say the lass I spoke to yesterday was very helpful. She informed me that Michelle Adamson-Biott was still in charge but the Giants bit had someone as well yet it was another from inside the giants who ordered the merchandise for the shop to sell!! You could say it's passing the buck but the buck has to stop somewhere!
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 8:25 pm

I think if they are giving a shirt, 2 adult tickets and 2 junior tickets away for £15 quid, they could reduce the price of a junior shirt in the club shop to say £25, I feel more people would buy one at this price.

I would love to see Kids of all ages in Huddersfield and the surrounding towns wearing a Giants shirt and think we will when we finally win something.

My 2 kids love going to school in Morley, Leeds at the moment cos every Monday they go in and all their mates (Weeds and Dulls fans) are very very quiet at present. Smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Yeah that would be great if they had the sizes for all kids! The shirts sized small Juniors are big on 7 year olds never mind my 3 year old!

For the last few seasons while having KooGa they've had shirts for babies and Toddlers. At first these were priced at £29.99 telling those who bought them the shorts and socks would soon be delivered, these never arrived meaning some went back and complained and got a refund, as the shirts had a new price of £19.99 so the refunded few got a tenner back. The white shirts were priceed at £19.99 from day one they are now £14.99. Last season they actually managed to get shorts and socks for the new shirt and priced these kits at £29.99, Cobi got one of these. Shorts, due to his little ass, will last a little while longer but the shirt is getting tight. The draw back for these kits was that they only got sizes upto 2 years, the next size up being the small junior which meant those who didn't fit in the toddler kit would be buried in the next size up, the shop did acknowledge complaints on this too. But still nothing. Also the Kits sold whereas the shirts on their own didn't sell as well, showing there is a call for these little kits.

You look at the toddler kits Town sell, the larger sizes sell whereas the baby sizes don't, there is a call for these from both sets of fans so the shop needs to sort itself out and stop passing the buck!

As I say I don't know who really is at fault here, how much does the club actually get from the huge profits these kits make? as they do as I did a project on replica kits many years ago, I found a shop selling a replica shirt back then could still make profit even if they marked the sale price at more than half the rrp, and things haven't changed that much as proven by Sports direct.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:39 pm

Leave it with me, I will ask the questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great New Giants Offer   Great New Giants Offer Empty

Back to top Go down

Great New Giants Offer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next