Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

well done boys

Go down 
+13
Giants_babe
ChinaRL
Giant-Dragon
wheatley92
BO JANGLES
dannablue
matt01
reidy
sadu
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
Natalie-x
Jonno1974
adelaide-giant.no9
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

well done boys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:43 pm

If I may be a pain in the backside one more time and return to my favourite topic right now, the role of the fans at a match...in this case Wembley.

In this weeks League Express, Tony Smith (Wolves boss) said: "The fans were fantastic. The players mentioned at half time about how much we could hear and see them getting behind us. The number of them, was incredible." He continues, "No disrespect to the Huddersfield fans, but we outnumbered them totally and I thought our supporters really played a big part in lifting the team. They just dominated the cheering and the atmosphere. It was just like a home game for us, except it was even more special. They did lift us; the way they cheered us when we were under pressure really helped us through. They played their part in helping us get the win."

Martin Sadler then goes even further when he says about the match: "It may seem a bit harsh on the Warrington players to say that it was the supporters that won it, but when you were sitting in the stadium on Saturday afternoon it was very easy to believe that the tremendous support that Warrington received must have had an impact on both teams."

Hopefully this can end all debate that a loud and in your face crowd, can really push a team to victory and keep them going when things get tough. I take my slice of responsibility for Saturday's outcome, because even though I was one of the louder ones in my block...I feel I should and could have done more to support the lads.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 5:31 pm

anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf wrote:
If I may be a pain in the backside one more time and return to my favourite topic right now, the role of the fans at a match...in this case Wembley.

In this weeks League Express, Tony Smith (Wolves boss) said: "The fans were fantastic. The players mentioned at half time about how much we could hear and see them getting behind us. The number of them, was incredible." He continues, "No disrespect to the Huddersfield fans, but we outnumbered them totally and I thought our supporters really played a big part in lifting the team. They just dominated the cheering and the atmosphere. It was just like a home game for us, except it was even more special. They did lift us; the way they cheered us when we were under pressure really helped us through. They played their part in helping us get the win."

Martin Sadler then goes even further when he says about the match: "It may seem a bit harsh on the Warrington players to say that it was the supporters that won it, but when you were sitting in the stadium on Saturday afternoon it was very easy to believe that the tremendous support that Warrington received must have had an impact on both team."

Hopefully this can end all debate that a loud and in your face crowd, can really push a team to victory and keep them going when things get tough. I take my slice of responsibility for Saturday's outcome, because even though I was one of the louder ones in my block...I feel I should and could have done more to support the lads.

Mate no matter what T Smith or Martin Saddler says, and no matter how much noise the Wolves fans made, If we had scored a dodgy try in the first few minutes and they had ,had two 50/50s chalked off they would have lost, And just how you expect the Giants fans to have made as much noise as them, when there were maybe 10,000 more of them i dont know, Frankly i don't give a st@t what T Smith says, our team by and large didn't turn up, that's the bottom line. I f we are going to loose every game when we are outshouted then we shall not be winning many more away games, and yet strangely enough we have quite a good away record, Stop blaming yourself mate, You spent your money and turned up at Wembley, The team got paid ,and a lot of them didn't turn up. It's gone, over, It's the playoffs that matter now, If we don't do to well, is that going to be our fault as well.
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 9:12 pm

Meltham Giant wrote:
GD in on front of Examiner danna.

Don't all go rushing for her autograph at once haha Wink

I can comfirm its me... My uncle saw it too!
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 9:26 pm

simla!!- as above Anwar ( and completely without any disrespect!)

Sing when yer winning is a taunt by a losing side to other supporters the league over

Doesnt matter who they/we all use it and its usually when a team has been in the lead and then it changes hands!!

What I said I stick by -- sorry !
At Warrington -fortunately -- by playing better --we scored first and never got caught !
The supporters latched on - and the lovely feeling of confidence enveloped the team and they kept it going --and we kept it going!! We didnt kick it off other than cheering them onto the field
We (the team) were up for it - and every man-jack played his part
Name me a weak link that day??

NOW - substitute Warrington for us --and at Wembley -- plus instead of us holding players on their back over the line - substitute a favourable call or two for them and an unfavourable call or two for us --plus several players who quite frankly I would claim for whatever reason played their worst game of the season - and there I think you have it !

Believe me -- as Bo says -- after following them for 62 yearsI speak from a little experience !!

You can even throw the semi win against Leeds last time round - and then the final against Saints (where we were vociferous for a while )
Why ?? --we scored first!!

So as Bo says --dont torture yerself mate !!
Its gonna be at least 57 years since I last saw em lift it --with THREE losing finals after -- so relax -- go with the flow --or you`ll finish up with as many grey hairs as me!! Wink Very Happy

And Ps - the bit about "the way they cheered us when we were under pressure "

I can tell you this as one of 6 fartown fans surrounded by a sea of blue and yellow - their loudest cheers at the time were when the video ref disallowed our two tries
Ponder!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Ok well I suppose I am drawing on my years following my Football team up and down the country. I remember one match in particular 2 years back at Blackburn, we were 1-0 down and odds on to be relegated...after going 1-0 down for half and hour solid we all stood up and started chanting Alan Curbishley's Claret and Blue army...Alan Curbishley's Claret and Blue army!! We did this for 30 minutes without stopping. We ended up winning the game 2-1 and went on a winning run of 7 games including victory at Man Utd last game of the season and stayed up. So I have seen first hand how it can change a game, we were losing and looking crap but the fans rolled up their sleeves dug deep and carried the team forward.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 10:53 pm

Presumably the players did their bit too??

I just believe that , on a level footing , you hadnt a chance of out-shouting/ singing approx 10000 more Wire fans Saturday - especially with the added incentives they got !!

But i stand to be corrected !

Fair play to yer!
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:59 am

I think that 2-1 win was pivotal, after that game we looked a new team.

Back to Wembley, we would never have outsung the magnificent support Warrington had. We were on to a loser straight away on that front, but that doesn't mean you don't shout and sing your heart out. The lads would have heard it and no doubt it would have lifted them..not saying we would have won, but it could have helped us push them closer IMO.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:59 pm

anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf wrote:
I think that 2-1 win was pivotal, after that game we looked a new team.

Back to Wembley, we would never have outsung the magnificent support Warrington had. We were on to a loser straight away on that front, but that doesn't mean you don't shout and sing your heart out. The lads would have heard it and no doubt it would have lifted them..not saying we would have won, but it could have helped us push them closer IMO.

Well despite going down there, at considerable expense ( I would have thought ) you seem determined to shoulder a great deal of the blame for the poor performance, That's up to you , you can have my share as well if you like.

The Giants have been a better side than Warrington for 90% of this season, and IMO still are a better side , but at Wembley they didn't do themselves justice, It happens mate, I suppose many Saints fans would have been saying similar things after the Semi, I really dont think too many of them would have blaming themselves or their mates.

They are a professional football team, well paid and with a professional coach, who's job it is to prepare them for a game, When they run onto the field whether it be the Galpharm, Bell Vue or Wembley they know what is required of them, irrespective of how many fans are there, By and large they have done the business this season but no team goes through a season without having one or two poor days, It just happens that one of their poor days was at Wembley, but to suggest that it is somehow down to the fans is just not on, As i have said earlier if that was the case ,we would never have won at Wigan for example, or indeed any away ground.

The Giants have in the last 10 years gone from being nobodies to Super league contenders, this is down to many things true, but the fan base is growing very steadily, (a bit to steadily really ) this has been achieved with the fans cheering or chanting in anyway they see fit, even keeping quiet if that's what they are inclined to do, I said earlier that myself i chant Fartown, and i suppose i will continue to so, Not because i am determined not to sing Bubbles or whatever but because It's what i have always done.

Anyway the passionate way you support your team does you credit, and for what It's worth, out of all the songs that have been half heartedly sung over the years, Iv'e always thought ,Swing low sounded the best and was the best supported, " singing for the Claret and Gold ". Just a opinion.
Back to top Go down
Eclair
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:18 pm

I always associate 'swing low' with rugby union, so it's not for me.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Eclair wrote:
I always associate 'swing low' with rugby union, so it's not for me.

Very true i also think of it as Union, but it does sound good if enough people are singing, Maybe the giants need to run a comp similar to when they were choosing a name, to decide what to sing, maybe somebody needs to write something especially for them,( Maybe our resident poet could compose something Wink If everybody knew what the chosen song was it might take of in a similar way to what the name did.
Back to top Go down
wheatley92
Ballboy
Ballboy
wheatley92

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:58 pm

i see what you are getting at,
yeh it might be a union song but it does sound good
also i agree it would be nice to have a song dedicated to the team
example; marching on together' was composed for leeds united and now sung by the whinios
i think it would be great for the Huddersfield(FARTOWN)Giants to have their very own song
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 9:44 am

Not bothered what the song is but would be nice for a few more to join in and sing it lol.

Think the all seater business killed off the atmosphere at some grounds to be honest.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 7:30 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Not bothered what the song is but would be nice for a few more to join in and sing it lol.

Think the "all seater business" killed off the atmosphere at some grounds to be honest.

how does that go FP? Wink Very Happy ............and what key! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

well done boys
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3