Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

well done boys

Go down 
+13
Giants_babe
ChinaRL
Giant-Dragon
wheatley92
BO JANGLES
dannablue
matt01
reidy
sadu
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
Natalie-x
Jonno1974
adelaide-giant.no9
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
wheatley92
Ballboy
Ballboy
wheatley92

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-28

well done boys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 10:58 pm

well, ill start a new topic, and hope that people will catch on,
i hope it does because it is something we need
ill let the people i sit wth no about it
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:02 pm

Good man!
Back to top Go down
ChinaRL
ChinaRL

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:41 am

I think most have given their opinions on the game and I agree with it all but here's my 2 cents (and please bear in mind I haven't seen many games this season so my opinions are based on what I've seen).

We are obviously extremely well coached. Hodgson's try as superb and straight out of the NRL coaching book. However we haven't got the players in the key players with the appropriate nouse and experience to lead the team (especially when things get tough) - how much did we just go side to side - sometimes you just need to play percentage and drive it down the middle, forget the fancy stuff! Robinson was out of his depth - he was responsible for 2 of their tries by rushing up in defence, simple RL and it may have just been the occasion and over-eagerness. Not good enough though!

I believe we were absolutley robbed in the first 10 minutes - they appeared to knock on before the first try and the video ref decision was just shocking! They even showed it on the Footy show here as an example that video refs aren't just crap in Australia - Vossy, Gould and Geyer were laughing at the competency of our officials - Ganson was stood 1 metre away, what does he get paid for??!

And one more thing, and I'm sure it's not going to make me popular - if either of the teams from the final would play a Queensland Cup side they would lose. It really pains me to say it, but unfortunately it's true. The gulf between the NRL and Super League is absolutely massive. That doesn't make the NRL a better spectacle, quite the opposite, I'd much rather watch a SL match even though they are lightyears behind (not that this has anything to do with the topic!)
Back to top Go down
Giants_babe
Giants_babe

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:06 am

I think if our fans were all 2gether then there wud av been alot more shouting and cheering. The lads played well but unfortunately not well enuff Sad( The video ref wa frm Warrington wot the hell is tht all about & Ganson St Helens, in all fairness i dunt think tht wa ryt coz the vid ref is naturally guna go 4 the Wolves & Ganson the T**t wa guna go the Wolves coz we knocked the St's out. So the lads had no chance frm the Kick off. The lads will b more gutted than us they av live wi the fact tht they dint bring it home. I am ever so proud tht they got us there & gutted tht they dint bring it home but hay-ho wi the ref's we had, we dint av a chance in hell............

C'MON U MIGHTY MIGHTY GIANTS X X X X X
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:08 am

ChinaRL wrote:
I think most have given their opinions on the game and I agree with it all but here's my 2 cents (and please bear in mind I haven't seen many games this season so my opinions are based on what I've seen).

We are obviously extremely well coached. Hodgson's try as superb and straight out of the NRL coaching book. However we haven't got the players in the key players with the appropriate nouse and experience to lead the team (especially when things get tough) - how much did we just go side to side - sometimes you just need to play percentage and drive it down the middle, forget the fancy stuff! Robinson was out of his depth - he was responsible for 2 of their tries by rushing up in defence, simple RL and it may have just been the occasion and over-eagerness. Not good enough though!

I believe we were absolutley robbed in the first 10 minutes - they appeared to knock on before the first try and the video ref decision was just shocking! They even showed it on the Footy show here as an example that video refs aren't just crap in Australia - Vossy, Gould and Geyer were laughing at the competency of our officials - Ganson was stood 1 metre away, what does he get paid for??!

And one more thing, and I'm sure it's not going to make me popular - if either of the teams from the final would play a Queensland Cup side they would lose. It really pains me to say it, but unfortunately it's true. The gulf between the NRL and Super League is absolutely massive. That doesn't make the NRL a better spectacle, quite the opposite, I'd much rather watch a SL match even though they are lightyears behind (not that this has anything to do with the topic!)

Not unpopular fella - but I cant help questioning that assessment
The NATIONAL team ARE light years ahead at the moment as was proved in the World Cup --but how often have the British "champs" beat the Aussie champs
Leeds did a Giants last year -- but its not been the norm !
I think internationally the system doesnt help

You have 100`s of teams - and 1000s of players to chose from for ONE team

We add to our probs by splitting our reduced pool of playing talent into "FOUR" --Barmy!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:22 am

penninegiant wrote:
ChinaRL wrote:

The NATIONAL team ARE light years ahead at the moment as was proved in the World Cup --but how often have the British "champs" beat the Aussie champs

We add to our probs by splitting our reduced pool of playing talent into "FOUR" --Barmy!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

the only reason the british champs beat the aussies is because it is pre season for the aussies.the depth of strenght in the nrl is immense.. it is amazing the quality of player who will not be present in the play offs
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 12:06 pm

I`ll take tha as an EXCUSE Charlie!! Wink Very Happy Very Happy

perhaps its because there isnt 10000`s cheering them on maybe??? Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:09 pm

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
penninegiant wrote:
ChinaRL wrote:

the only reason the british champs beat the aussies is because it is pre season for the aussies.the depth of strenght in the nrl is immense.. it is amazing the quality of player who will not be present in the play offs

It goes a lot deeper than they have better players though, The whole organization of sport in Os, USA and many other places is on a different level to what it is here, As far as i know a lot of money is invested in the lower levels of the game, thereby ensuring a steady stream of top class replacement players are always available both at club and consequently international level. Contrast that with what happens hear, The RFL sell the game to Sky for a hell of a lot less than the RFU get ( despite consistently pulling in more viewers ) what does come in gets shared between the Super league clubs, The NLs have to fend for themselves more or less ( i know they get a small amount ) The amateurs as far as i know get nothing except their most promising players taken off them, as do the NL teams ( Kirmond, Lunt, Mc Nally etc ) I would be interested to know how many Giants fans give a FF what happens to Underbank or Newsome, Like every other Super league clubs fans they care about the Giants, Only human nature you might say, Well i say does that make the Aussies and the Yanks a different strain of humans to us , cause they seem more than happy to nurture the young talent. While ever this situation exists we shall be second or third best at international level, And once again i would suggest maybe 10% of fans care about the international team anyway, as long as their own team are doing well the couldn't give a fig about the Aussies.

On a slightly different tack ( but related ) I think in general they are far less likely to go overboard when their teams lose, They believe in first is the winner second is nowhere, Now i dont wish to offend anyone with what i say now ,but i will not be going down to any civic receptions, There is and has been for some time now at the Giants a tendency to celebrate mediocrity, and that performance on Saturday was definitely in that category, The truth is they lost, they came second of two, what the hell is there to celebrate, To me when they beat Saints at Warrington, they got all the accolades and the well deserved reception from the crowd on the day, They also got a send of to Wembley to show peoples appreciation for them getting there, Now we appear to be having a civic reception to show appreciation for them getting beat, There will be no Cup to parade round on the open top bus, and i suspect the team , or at least the Aussies and N Zealand at least will be a bit embarrassed, I dont think it is in their style to be celebrating losing.

I don't know how many people feel the same way i do, Possibly very few and that's fair enough, but i truly believe that the time to celebrate is when you have won something, I have honestly never agreed with all this , It's not the winning It's the taking part that counts stuff, That has been the way for to long, and has not really helped many sports in this country. Anyway that's my opinion, I hope i haven't offended anyone by it , and I'm sure i wont have stopped anyone doing what they want to do, ( which again is fair enough )
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:27 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:

On a slightly different tack ( but related ) I think in general they are far less likely to go overboard when their teams lose, They believe in first is the winner second is nowhere, Now i dont wish to offend anyone with what i say now ,but i will not be going down to any civic receptions, There is and has been for some time now at the Giants a tendency to celebrate mediocrity, and that performance on Saturday was definitely in that category, The truth is they lost, they came second of two, what the hell is there to celebrate, To me when they beat Saints at Warrington, they got all the accolades and the well deserved reception from the crowd on the day, They also got a send of to Wembley to show peoples appreciation for them getting there, Now we appear to be having a civic reception to show appreciation for them getting beat, There will be no Cup to parade round on the open top bus, and i suspect the team , or at least the Aussies and N Zealand at least will be a bit embarrassed, I dont think it is in their style to be celebrating losing.

I don't know how many people feel the same way i do, Possibly very few and that's fair enough, but i truly believe that the time to celebrate is when you have won something, I have honestly never agreed with all this , It's not the winning It's the taking part that counts stuff, That has been the way for to long, and has not really helped many sports in this country. Anyway that's my opinion, I hope i haven't offended anyone by it , and I'm sure i wont have stopped anyone doing what they want to do, ( which again is fair enough )

Have to disagree strongly. As a supporter, you support. If you only turn up when a side wins, that means you are a glory hunter (not you personally Bo Jangles, just in general). The lads have done fantastic all season. Getting to Wembley was a huge bonus and one that ,despite the result, I am grateful to have had. The lads looked devastated today and when Robbo said it had made him feel a bit better to see us there in the square it made the whole thing worthwhile. The guys needed to know that we are appreciating the strides they have made and that we believe in them.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:50 pm

Well that's your opinion and i respect it, I dont agree with it , because you appear to be saying that despite the fact i have been watching the team since 1953 i am a glory hunter because i only go if they win, I dont quite understand that but whatever i am not offended,
A few seasons ago we beat Hull at Old Trafford in a final, fair enough it wasn't Super league but it was what we were in and we won it, after the game the team went back to the Galpharm, and many fans went back to meet them , shake their hands etc, I was one of them, they had won and i wanted to say well done.

If we get to old Trafford again ( which would be nice ) and we get beat ( which wouldn't be so nice ) are you saying, bearing in mind that i think most fans in league now regard the playoffs as bigger than the CC ( something borne out by the numbers the games pull ) are you saying we should have another civic reception to say hard luck and well done , even if they have had a mauling, Hopefully this wont happen, but i think you get my point. I am not just talking about the Giants here i am talking UK sport in general, and the attitude of It's the taking part that counts, IMO it has done sport in this country no favours over the years. As i have said It's only my opinion and i would be glad to read other peoples
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 5:41 pm

It's slightly different baring in mind, we still have game's to play after the cup final defeat to Warrington....therefore the players wil be in need of a lift to keep them motivated and upbeat going into the playoffs, hopefully with a bit of form. After the Grand final that's it, season over. So it would depend, also if the lads really tried their hardest and gave their all and were not mauled then yes they should have a reeception. Could you honestly imagine us contesting a Grand final five or six years ago? The way we have improved and kicked on is amazing, so everyone involved in any type of success that comes our way, even in defeat, deserves recognition and appreciation.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:02 pm

anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf wrote:
It's slightly different baring in mind, we still have game's to play after the cup final defeat to Warrington....therefore the players wil be in need of a lift to keep them motivated and upbeat going into the playoffs, hopefully with a bit of form. After the Grand final that's it, season over. So it would depend, also if the lads really tried their hardest and gave their all and were not mauled then yes they should have a reeception. Could you honestly imagine us contesting a Grand final five or six years ago? The way we have improved and kicked on is amazing, so everyone involved in any type of success that comes our way, even in defeat, deserves recognition and appreciation.

No 5 years ago i could not imagine us contesting a grand final, and we ain't yet , but i am hopeful, although i have seen them actually win one and lift the cup so perhaps I'm not quite so easily impressed as you, anyway we will just have to agree to disagree about this , as we obviously dont see success as the same thing. I will continue to support them and i will cheer them off after the game, but i wont be congratulating them on a poor performance, or regarding defeat as some sort of success.
Just as a matter of interest did they have a good turnout.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:08 pm

Haha this will be another can of worms with me!!! About 1500 I would say, so IMO not really baring in mind we have 6,000 odd season ticket holders. You could see the pain of the defeat all over some of the lads faces. Mason and Moore have come in for a bit stick, apparently they were drunk and staggering about and wearing their own clothes as opposed to the training kit. Didn't see that myself, so don't want to be harsh on those two....they have been superb for us this year.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:19 pm

I think 1500 is pretty good going for a poor performance and a loss which is what we got at the end of the day.

Not all season ticket holders live in Huddersfield - my brother is in Hull, my friend in Coventry - they both travelled to Wembley from Huddersfield as my friend was up here anyway and we all travelled to Wembley and back together. They then returned home from Huddersfield on Sunday. After doing that they are hardly likely to travel all the way up to Huddersfield again the day after. There are many fans who also have to work even if it is a BH Monday. There are many reasons for folks not to go. The main ones I would imagine is a loss and a poor performance. Not everyone will be as forgiving as you and may still feel disappointed and let down.

As for players being drunk or staggering to suggest they were drunk I think this is very unprofessional. I have nothing against anyone having a drink - they work hard - but we are 48 hours after the event and we play a very important SL game in just 4 days! Not a great image to give your fans is it. I hope these stories are not true as it will put the players in a bad light.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:12 pm

dannablue wrote:
I think 1500 is pretty good going for a poor performance and a loss which is what we got at the end of the day.

Not all season ticket holders live in Huddersfield - my brother is in Hull, my friend in Coventry - they both travelled to Wembley from Huddersfield as my friend was up here anyway and we all travelled to Wembley and back together. They then returned home from Huddersfield on Sunday. After doing that they are hardly likely to travel all the way up to Huddersfield again the day after. There are many fans who also have to work even if it is a BH Monday. There are many reasons for folks not to go. The main ones I would imagine is a loss and a poor performance. Not everyone will be as forgiving as you and may still feel disappointed and let down.

As for players being drunk or staggering to suggest they were drunk I think this is very unprofessional. I have nothing against anyone having a drink - they work hard - but we are 48 hours after the event and we play a very important SL game in just 4 days! Not a great image to give your fans is it. I hope these stories are not true as it will put the players in a bad light.

I think in the light of the performance and the result I would say 1500 is more than respectable.
I do see Anwar1983s case i just dont agree with it, and he has in a way proved my point, I have said more that once that my point was more really about the attitude towards sport in general in this country, but he has not responded to any part other than about the giants. Anyway his opinions are as valid as mine, and i would have thought one or two more might have had one on this subject, but hey ho, maybe everyone is too disappointed to be bothered.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:34 pm

Signor Jangles, you do have a very valid point about this country always going or the underdog and not being ruthless enough when it comes to winning in sport. I just happen to quite admire the idea that the taking part is as important as the winning (it's actually very convenient when you happen to support the Giants and West Ham!!!!).

So I do respect your opinion, you know your stuff and have supported Hudds alot longer than me and through thick and thin no doubt. So please don't take anything I have said as an attack on you or in any way me trying to be the superior fan, and if I have offended then I apologise.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:00 pm

anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf wrote:
Signor Jangles, you do have a very valid point about this country always going or the underdog and not being ruthless enough when it comes to winning in sport. I just happen to quite admire the idea that the taking part is as important as the winning (it's actually very convenient when you happen to support the Giants and West Ham!!!!).

So I do respect your opinion, you know your stuff and have supported Hudds alot longer than me and through thick and thin no doubt. So please don't take anything I have said as an attack on you or in any way me trying to be the superior fan, and if I have offended then I apologise.

You have not offended me friend, and i hope i have likewise not offended you, everyone has their views, and on this forum at least you can disagree or hold a different opinion without the need to fall out or offend.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:10 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
[So I do respect your opinion, you know your stuff and have supported Hudds alot longer than me and through thick and thin no doubt. So please don't take anything I have said as an attack on you or in any way me trying to be the superior fan, and if I have offended then I apologise.

You have not offended me friend, and i hope i have likewise not offended you, everyone has their views, and on this forum at least you can disagree or hold a different opinion without the need to fall out or offend.[/quote]

And long may it continue to be the case!!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:42 pm

Here here.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:35 pm

I posted this on another topic Bo and I know Anwar has seen it -- but it overlaps several topics and reiterates some of your points

Yes - Warrington got behind their team big time Reidy
Nobody notice they were never behind ?? makes a big difference yer know !

Ever listened to Saints supporters =--and Leeds when theyre playing catch up --not the most vociferous

Bottom line you can lift a team yes - you cant do miracles - the inner motivation has to be there --coupled with a little luck and we got neither sadly

Newsome / Emley/ Umderbank dont have 100`s singing for em -- THEY have to do it themselves
Even Swag has to motivate himself on the golf course and crappy old me at table tennis!!

Once theyre out there Nathan Brown or Smith cant do a lot
You clap Boycott after hes hit a Four

You clap Higgins after hes made a 147

Lets stop looking outside at ourselves
Ive said that two homegrown players Raleigh and Lawrence might have played with more PRIDE - but we`ll never know !!

Most folk paid out Id say approx £100 average (AT LEAST) to go down there - faithful or "hangers On glory hunters
The team are professional paid sportsmen - they should co their bit as well perhaps
On the day a few decisions that could have put us in front went against us and changed the tone of the match Perhaps didnt mean we would have would have won - we were below par - but it does change things and THEY would have been playing catch up - not us
The same situation as at Warrington when Saints were never in the lead!!
You sometimes have to give summat to get summat
End of the day theres only one WINNER

Not saying they didnt try - Watching again - some of the handling was superb --but we were not firing and dictating the game - video ref / luck / or anything else we were second best and it isnt the fans FAULT

A chance was blown to boost season ticket sales / lift our profile/ and kick on

Success brings success
Failure brings nowt - and bottom line the silverware`s on their top shelf
I get tired of excuses --prefer "the reason why"
I aint having it that its OUR fault ! Sorry !! Ken did his bit on that score and the regulars too
Lets hope we can lift ourselves back up and finish in style instead of a damp squib ending to the season
Nathan has my best wishes -- the team too -- and Ill be there100% -- lets hope the players perform and give their best for all the 80 mins that are left
Thats all I ask !

PS WELL DONE LUNT -- ayoung man --not long out of "lower division " rugby who showed players on what I suspect much higher salaries what giving your ALL, guts, and determination count for!!
Well done that lad!!
Moore can go back now that weve made him an international!! Wink
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:42 am

penninegiant wrote:
I posted this on another topic Bo and I know Anwar has seen it -- but it overlaps several topics and reiterates some of your points

Yes - Warrington got behind their team big time Reidy
Nobody notice they were never behind ?? makes a big difference yer know !

Ever listened to Saints supporters =--and Leeds when theyre playing catch up --not the most vociferous

Bottom line you can lift a team yes - you cant do miracles - the inner motivation has to be there --coupled with a little luck and we got neither sadly

Newsome / Emley/ Umderbank dont have 100`s singing for em -- THEY have to do it themselves
Even Swag has to motivate himself on the golf course and crappy old me at table tennis!!

Once theyre out there Nathan Brown or Smith cant do a lot
You clap Boycott after hes hit a Four

You clap Higgins after hes made a 147

Lets stop looking outside at ourselves
Ive said that two homegrown players Raleigh and Lawrence might have played with more PRIDE - but we`ll never know !!

Most folk paid out Id say approx £100 average (AT LEAST) to go down there - faithful or "hangers On glory hunters
The team are professional paid sportsmen - they should co their bit as well perhaps
On the day a few decisions that could have put us in front went against us and changed the tone of the match Perhaps didnt mean we would have would have won - we were below par - but it does change things and THEY would have been playing catch up - not us
The same situation as at Warrington when Saints were never in the lead!!
You sometimes have to give summat to get summat
End of the day theres only one WINNER

Not saying they didnt try - Watching again - some of the handling was superb --but we were not firing and dictating the game - video ref / luck / or anything else we were second best and it isnt the fans FAULT

A chance was blown to boost season ticket sales / lift our profile/ and kick on

Success brings success
Failure brings nowt - and bottom line the silverware`s on their top shelf
I get tired of excuses --prefer "the reason why"
I aint having it that its OUR fault ! Sorry !! Ken did his bit on that score and the regulars too
Lets hope we can lift ourselves back up and finish in style instead of a damp squib ending to the season
Nathan has my best wishes -- the team too -- and Ill be there100% -- lets hope the players perform and give their best for all the 80 mins that are left
Thats all I ask !

PS WELL DONE LUNT -- ayoung man --not long out of "lower division " rugby who showed players on what I suspect much higher salaries what giving your ALL, guts, and determination count for!!
Well done that lad!!
Moore can go back now that weve made him an international!! Wink

Smile Smile Smile

Are you going to send me your home number.
Back to top Go down
Giants_babe
Giants_babe

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 9:43 am

dannablue wrote:

I see you point regards to not every1 lives in Huddersfield as i live in wakefield, but still went all the same, also im not saying tht your brother & friend shud av been there as it is a long way frm where they live.

The turn out was gr8 & the players wa truely gutted and all had long faces but as for Mason & Moore, yh they were still a bit rough but they have the right to go out & celebrate the fact that they go us 2 WEMBLEY and gud on to them they let there hair down and went a bit wild but in all fairness they are only human and were enjoying the fact they have just played @ WEMBLEY. Mason & Moore still spoke to the crowds & Mason wa dancin aronud & makin every1 laugh & was there i wa @ the front saw wot they wa like & they weren't staggering or ne thing like tht. It wa a gud & the players dint expect the amount ov fans tht turned but we were there & they got the Home - Coming tht they needed & lift there sprits. C'MON U GIANTS X X X X
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:38 pm

I have seen the pics on the Examiner website of the homecoming. Not sure if Giant Dragon isnt on one of them at the front???

The problem with them appearing the worse for wear is that stories start to circulate and they get bad press and people take umbridge with their actions especially after the disappointing result. I am not against them having a bit of fun and letting their hair down but they also have professional duties and if they have given one person the impression they were still half cut then that isnt professional. It was 48 hours after the event and in the middle of the day when they attended the homecoming - something which was pre-planned. That said I am only going on the stories I have read as I did not witness it myself but as I pointed out earlier is the thing they should try and avoid. It can put them and the club in a bad light.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:33 pm

GD in on front of Examiner danna.

Don't all go rushing for her autograph at once haha Wink
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:48 am

Meltham Giant wrote:
GD in on front of Examiner danna.

Don't all go rushing for her autograph at once haha Wink

OK, I'll try my best to be patient Wink

But do you think she will sign my shirt for me next time I bump into her....I hope so pray Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: well done boys   well done boys - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

well done boys
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next