Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday

Go down 
+2
dannablue
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday   Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Time to put the Cup final on the back burner for another week and focus on our upcoming game against the Bulls. I actually think this will be a really tough one, would imagine Browny will be resting a few of the heroes from Sunday (Lolesi, Mason, Wild, Faiumu). The Bulls are desperate to finish strongly and we may just be a little vulnerable after THAT epic game.

I would expect the team to look something like this

1 Hodgson (Ideally he would be rested)
2 Cudjoe (Would play FB if Hodgson is rested, with Aspy playing wing)
3 Lawrence
4 Fatz
5 Hodgson
6 Brown
7 Robbo
8 Crabtree
9 Lunt
10 Sculthorpe
11 Finnigan
12 Raleigh (if fit)
13 Fulton

14 Aspinwall
15 Jacko
16 Griffin
17 Walsh/Patrick/Another youngster
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday   Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:33 pm

I am not so sure he will rest players this weekend as there is only 2 games before Wembley and if anything I would think he would rest players for the Saints away game. If he rests players for both games then they will be rusty when it comes to the final. The problem is the risk of playing them and them being injured. Its a tough call but I think he will play more or less a full squad this week and rest the key players next Friday....time will tell.

Either way would love to beat the Bulls on Sunday just to show we are a good team and can keep up the momentum.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday   Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:52 pm

I think he will rest a few this week and then a few different ones next week. This gives them some much needed rest and the others the chance to prove themselves for a final spot.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday   Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:54 pm

matt01 wrote:
I think he will rest a few this week and then a few different ones next week. This gives them some much needed rest and the others the chance to prove themselves for a final spot.

That's what I was thinking, also would be handy to give a few outsiders like Finnigan, Lawrence (not really an outsider, but not exactly a regular either) and Aspy a game or two. Giving them a run out will be useful should we pick up an injuries between now and the final.
Back to top Go down
sadu
Ballboy
Ballboy
sadu

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday   Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:52 am

Looking forward to seeing who gets picked and who is rested.
Got no clues...can't be bothered to start guessing... probably will be resting key players in the game agints saint rather than bulls.

Have you noticed how the noise the fans make, makes such a big difference to the team?

Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday 21033
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday   Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 7:52 am

sadu wrote:
Have you noticed how the noise the fans make, makes such a big difference to the team? Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday 21033

Yea, but it's like I said Cup games are extra special and have a unique atmosphere. If we could sing and shout like that in league games too would be great, but can't see it myself.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday   Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 8:09 am

I don't think it will be as loud at the final, because it is such a big ground and we will be much more spread out.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday   Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Why would we rest any one,the team will be the same unless any one is injured.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday   Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 5:05 pm

I would be shocked if Lolesi plays, he took a right battering against Saints.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday   Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 5:08 pm

He can take it. I think we would be a bit daft not to rest some players, i.e. bring Lawrence back for one. He's done ok this season. Andy if he's fit and Patrick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday   Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to basics, Bradford on Sunday
Page 1 of 1