Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fave player at Giants and why?

Go down 
+6
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
Natalie-x
Giant-Dragon
Durham Giant
FLYINGPROP
sadu
10 posters
AuthorMessage
sadu
Ballboy
Ballboy
sadu

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Fave player at Giants and why? Empty
PostSubject: Fave player at Giants and why?   Fave player at Giants and why? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Questions in the title...

Personally I would mix and match a few different qualities of a few players into my fave... but if I have to choose it would have to be Wild for his consistant hard work and abillities. He seems to have high standards for himself and always puts in 200% pushes for best, I also respect his character for turning down saints!

A close second is Kevin Brown for his consistant determination, even when the fans were getting on his back last season, he kept going and played with passion and great effort. For a fairly small lad he makes big tackles and never backs out .. puts his body on the line even up against huge guys. I think Nathan has brought out some of his best qualities and can help him improve even further and reach his potential that was predicted for him at the start of his career.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Fave player at Giants and why?   Fave player at Giants and why? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:17 am

Keith Mason, plays a position I played and Mason this season has been fantastic both with his workrate, go forward and the big hits he puts in.

His work rate is phenomenal and alot of the times he does 2 of the 6 tackles as receiver.

He has had a fantastic season and does the hard work that is not always picked up by the fans, but is so so important to lay the foundations for the so called more skillful players.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Fave player at Giants and why?   Fave player at Giants and why? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:00 am

Brett Hodgson for his unflappability. He always seems so calm and invariably makes the right decision. This seems to rub off on the players around him. We never seem to panic anymore a real leader.

Plus pound for pound the bravest player i have seen pull on a C&G shirt.
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Fave player at Giants and why?   Fave player at Giants and why? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:46 pm

Brett Hodgson - hes sheer class, probably one of, if not the best fullback i've ever seen in superleague

David Hodgson - I know people dont rate him much, but i keep the faith in him, i think on his day he produces some good runs. I think next season will be HIS season

Keith Mason - He is awesome this season, the best i've seen from him. He should have no problem been selected for England if he carries on playing like he is, aswell as player of the year for the giants because tbh him and Eorl Crabtree are my players of the season, they have really come on and become outstanding players!
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Fave player at Giants and why?   Fave player at Giants and why? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 8:43 pm

Keith Mason- This season he has been the best ever, he's brilliant.

Wild is starting to grow on me!
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Fave player at Giants and why?   Fave player at Giants and why? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 6:21 pm

Wild by some distance, he has been superb from day one at the Giants and has grown into one of the very best British second row/loose forwards around. He obviously has some strong principles and by sticking with the Giants when Saints came knocking shows amazing commitment to the cause. Also he seems to have a similar work ethic to myself!!!

This season special mentions to B Hodgson, Crabtree, Robbo, Mason and D Hodgson....not forgetting Scott Moore of course! Wild is still pick of the bunch though!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Fave player at Giants and why?   Fave player at Giants and why? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:57 pm

My favourite current player is probably Robinson. He has really improved during the season and is now in my opinion one of the best scrum halves in Super League.
Back to top Go down
Eclair
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Fave player at Giants and why?   Fave player at Giants and why? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Do I join in this thread!!????
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Fave player at Giants and why?   Fave player at Giants and why? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:08 pm

Eclair wrote:
Do I join in this thread!!????
can you be subjective? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nathaniel999
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Fave player at Giants and why?   Fave player at Giants and why? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 8:54 pm

my favourite player is leroy cudjoe, i am a fan of playing young lads and hes playing out of his position at the moment and putting in everything he has got and taking tries well.
next has to be stephen wild because hes work rate for us is amazing and thats why hes vice captain because he can also lead are team
Back to top Go down
chuckster
chuckster

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Fave player at Giants and why?   Fave player at Giants and why? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 9:27 pm

I'd say Eorl at the moment because of the impact he makeswhen he gets on - and how he can change games with his offloading etc.
In my opinion he is probably the best prop in SL at the moment
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dazeastwood?v=feed&story_fbid=13
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fave player at Giants and why?   Fave player at Giants and why? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fave player at Giants and why?
Page 1 of 1