Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raleigh

Go down 
+2
matt01
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Raleigh Empty
PostSubject: Raleigh   Raleigh EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 10:26 pm

Anyone know how far away he is from a return to the first team? Also would he struggle to get back in the side given how they have been playing, although I guess he would just be a straight swap for Aspy on the bench to start wth.

Is his position in the team threatened by the arrivals next season of Fa'aologo and Gilmour? I've been a big fan of Andy's these past couple of years but it looks like the coach may have other ideas.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Raleigh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raleigh   Raleigh EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 10:43 pm

I think you are right, he will probably replace Aspy on the bench at this moment in time. We have signed players in his position, but it is up to Andy to prove he is good enough to hold down a first time spot. He has proved it in the past and I'd be confident he can continue to do it in the future. Competition for places is great and we currently have it and it looks like it will be even tougher next season.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Raleigh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raleigh   Raleigh EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 11:32 pm

Andy won't struggle to get a place as he has been so consistent and getting player of the year last season says it all.
From what Eclair sqaid probo 2-3 weeks and the fella should be back with a vengence!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sadu
Ballboy
Ballboy
sadu

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Raleigh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raleigh   Raleigh EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:04 pm

I think things for the team are much harder since Nathan and his new regime arrived. There's much more competition for first team spots and I think Andy will have to make more of an effort than last season to keep that spot. As we're getting stronger as a team and higher up in league, and with two world class players on their way it will be harder for him and it's just been a shame he's been injured so much so hasn't had the chance to really prove himself this season.
I am a big Andy fan, so would love to see him do well.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Raleigh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raleigh   Raleigh EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:11 am

Depending on the rumours and if the players leave who are said to be leaving, there is a rumour Andy would be moved up to the prop forward position?

Suppose it all ties in with us signing 2 second rowers (1 poss center/2nd row) and the players that are rumoured to be on their way.

Don't know if there is any truth in it all though.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Raleigh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raleigh   Raleigh EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:47 pm

As he matures I think prop will be his position. I can see him in the Peacock type of role. A prop who does a lot of minutes and therefore a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
Eclair
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Raleigh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raleigh   Raleigh EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Andy won't be running next week, the injury is still causing a problem and rest has been recommended. He's gutted.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Raleigh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raleigh   Raleigh EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:07 pm

Eclair wrote:
Andy won't be running next week, the injury is still causing a problem and rest has been recommended. He's gutted.
Gutted for him. Lets hope the lads can do it without him and then he can battle for a spot for the final.

Best wishes for him to be ready for the Bradford game.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Raleigh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raleigh   Raleigh EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 8:46 pm

Eclair wrote:

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raleigh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raleigh   Raleigh Empty

Back to top Go down

Raleigh
Page 1 of 1