Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing? Empty
PostSubject: Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing?   Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 8:05 am

What do we think?

I think the guy has size and talent but has not performed consistently at London. Was that down to AK or the London Broncos environment. I hope and suspect the later as there are many players that have struggled to perform consistently weel down there. I recall that I and others were sceptical when Baloo signed Brett Ferres and that one has gone ok.

We have as good a coach as anyone in Super League, AK has ability, Baloo can help him rediscover that. Every signing carries some risk, but I think this one has loads of upside, against Wire, with Eorl & Koppy on the park we won the try count 4-2, when they were off we lost 3-0. We were an injury to Stuart Fielden away from the Grand Final, one more front line prop, this signing addresses that.

I am very excited for next year and believe Ken Davy was right, the LLS is just the begining.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing?   Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 am

Top signing,came with a great pedigree from the NRL,the rapid demise of the Broncos has almost bound to have affected him.Not seen a lot of him in last couple of years due to the fact the struggling Broncs have hardly been on TV.Didn't do much to catch the eye on his visits to ours.Same goes for Chris Bailey for that matter.Difficult to shine in a struggling outfit.

Agree Dee,he comes with size,which let's face it,if we are to ever beat Warrington we are going to need.

Sir Ken certainly is relentless in his desire to bring home the major trophies,how fortunate we are to have him.Though saying all that the LLS should never be undervalued imo.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing?   Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:17 pm

He's got the ability, hopefully the club can relight his passion, as he was a great player in the NRL, but was very hit and miss for London. Alongside other big forwards in a top side he should be able to add even more strength. We need a prop or two so he fits the bill in that respect.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing?   Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:53 pm

matt01 wrote:
He's got the ability, hopefully the club can relight his passion, as he was a great player in the NRL, but was very hit and miss for London. Alongside other big forwards in a top side he should be able to add even more strength. We need a prop or two so he fits the bill in that respect.
I think he will thrive up here,a new start,plus have a feeling he will bring some much needed aggression,these south sea islanders are the toughest of the lot,it was noticeable at Warrington that Ukuma was the only one who wanted to show he would not be intimidated on the ruck clearance,that is not to say that Eorl or Kopz are in any way shape or form soft.
Back to top Go down
TerrierGiant
TerrierGiant

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing?   Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing? EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 7:43 pm

He's an excellent a signing, big aggressive forward, only problem would be his fitness, but the backroom staff did wonders with Ta'ai so I have full confidence they will get Kaufusi into a beast
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing?   Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Maybe Ukuma will be moved up to front row now,that means 4 big props,then we have Channy,Brett,Chris Bailey,Bruno,Larne and the other fringe players (Fairbank,Mullally etc) battling out to be the back row.

Watch out SL 2014.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing?   Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Kaufusi - Good signing?
Page 1 of 1