Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Good

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

The Good Empty
PostSubject: The Good   The Good EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:42 pm

The bad and the downright unbelievable.
The good is that Fielden will be staying at the Giants,
The bad is that he has had to retire,
The downright unbelievable is the complete shambolic fiasco of the Mason affair.

There are posts on another forum saying what a fantastic player Fielden he has been for us, what a Legend he has been in his time with us. What a load of tripe, he hasn't been with us long enough to be either a legend or Fantastic, He has played well for us on occasions, but let's at least stay within the bounds of reality.
For what it's worth, for me ( along with Peacock ) he has been one of the best players in the Super league era, Both have in the modern sense of the word been Legends, and both in my opinion were at their best in the great Bradford side, That was the best set of forwards of the super league era by far and Fielden ( with the minutes he could play ) was a real star ( Paul Anderson being another )
So I'm glad he is staying with the Giants, He has obviously impressed someone and  he will have much to pass on, Hopefully he may be able to help instill some of that spirit and complete lack of sympathy for the opposition pack that Bradford used to display, I well remember the hammerings they continually dished out to us  and Fielden was a big Factor in that, hopefully alongside PA he can give us some of that attitude.

Regards the Mason affair , the mind just boggles, If the reports in the Examiner are to be relied upon the whole thing just beggars belief, I would say there are people at the Giants or working on their behalf that could stand a serious looking at, I would imagine they will be earning very high salaries, Well when the appeals to purchase season ticket start, i would think these salaries will be well to the forefront of people's minds.

I'm glad Mason won his case, not because i have anything against KD personally But for a company to try and treat a person with such contempt IMO deserves what it gets, Someone at the Giants has been making big mistakes for quite a while, Maybe this will be the straw that breaks the Camels back.

At least the Lads on the field are doing their best, hope this garbage doesn't effect them.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

The Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Good   The Good EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:20 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
The bad and the downright unbelievable.
The good is that Fielden will be staying at the Giants,
The bad is that he has had to retire,
The downright unbelievable is the complete shambolic fiasco of the Mason affair.

There are posts on another forum saying what a fantastic player Fielden he has been for us, what a Legend he has been in his time with us. What a load of tripe, he hasn't been with us long enough to be either a legend or Fantastic, He has played well for us on occasions, but let's at least stay within the bounds of reality.
For what it's worth, for me ( along with Peacock ) he has been one of the best players in the Super league era, Both have in the modern sense of the word been Legends, and both in my opinion were at their best in the great Bradford side, That was the best set of forwards of the super league era by far and Fielden ( with the minutes he could play ) was a real star ( Paul Anderson being another )
So I'm glad he is staying with the Giants, He has obviously impressed someone and  he will have much to pass on, Hopefully he may be able to help instill some of that spirit and complete lack of sympathy for the opposition pack that Bradford used to display, I well remember the hammerings they continually dished out to us  and Fielden was a big Factor in that, hopefully alongside PA he can give us some of that attitude.

Regards the Mason affair , the mind just boggles, If the reports in the Examiner are to be relied upon the whole thing just beggars belief, I would say there are people at the Giants or working on their behalf that could stand a serious looking at, I would imagine they will be earning very high salaries, Well when the appeals to purchase season ticket start, i would think these salaries will be well to the forefront of people's minds.

I'm glad Mason won his case, not because i have anything against KD personally But for a company to try and treat a person with such contempt IMO deserves what it gets, Someone at the Giants has been making big mistakes for quite a while, Maybe this will be the straw that breaks the Camels back.

At least the Lads on the field are doing their best, hope this garbage doesn't effect them.
I agree with all of that. Fielden did look very good in the 7 games he played and you could see his class it is a pity we did not get more out of him in the time he was here.

To be fair to him though he has retired and joined the coaching staff when he could have hung around on the playing roster with no real hope of recovering.

As for the Mason affair it is some of the most blatant incompetence i have seen and those responsible need to take a long hard look at themselves or Ken does.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

The Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Good   The Good EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:45 am

Fielden is one of best forwards ever in the Super League era. He was past his best when he signed for us, but his experience will hopefully rub off on the other forwards. It's a shame his career has had to end this way, but he's been very fortunate to have won so much in his career. I am glad he will continue to work with the club.

The Mason saga, was clearly a mistake, the court of law says so. However the club did make mistakes and not settling out of court was just one of them, but we as fans don't know the full ins and outs, we are speculating who said what and who advised who. I trust Ken to make the right decisions about the fall out. My biggest worry is that the cost will mean we can no longer use the full salary cap.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

The Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Good   The Good EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Utter disgrace how Mason has got away with this.

Unbelievable how so called Giants fans want to defend this ruling from this silly judge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Good   The Good Empty

Back to top Go down

The Good
Page 1 of 1