Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greg Eden & Alex Brown

Go down 
+4
Jools
matt01
Durham Giant
defleppard
8 posters
AuthorMessage
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Greg Eden & Alex Brown Empty
PostSubject: Greg Eden & Alex Brown   Greg Eden & Alex Brown EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Watching Kingston Rovers last night,these two ex Fartowners had fine games.Greg Eden joins the line from FB and is prepared to throw it out to the wing,seem him a couple of times already and he must be way up in terms of assists.

Alex Brown looks quick and strong.

We seem to a feeder club for HKR,but doesn't seem to be much coming back our way to our benefit from the east of Hull.

Too late now obviously but will we regret parting with these lads.

Any sensible replies welcomed apart from 'why are you having a dig at Grix'
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden & Alex Brown   Greg Eden & Alex Brown EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:01 pm

defleppard wrote:
Watching Kingston Rovers last night,these two ex Fartowners had fine games.Greg Eden joins the line from FB and is prepared to throw it out to the wing,seem him a couple of times already and he must be way up in terms of assists.

Alex Brown looks quick and strong.

We seem to a feeder club for HKR,but doesn't seem to be much coming back our way to our benefit from the east of Hull.

Too late now obviously but will we regret parting with these lads.

Any sensible replies welcomed apart from 'why are you having a dig at Grix'

Although neither of them can catch or tackle. Defensively they are both liabilities. Eden may improve.

Neither of them are as good as the players we have in their positions or the back ups we have at the Giants at the minute.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden & Alex Brown   Greg Eden & Alex Brown EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Brown looked good and with the right coaches he could be a quality winger in the Jerry mould. Eden is exciting to watch, letting him go was in my opinion a mistake. Yes he is not as safe as Grix, although Grix probably made more mistakes in that Bradford game than Eden has made all season (only joking btw), but Eden is a rarity going forward.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden & Alex Brown   Greg Eden & Alex Brown EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Alex or jerry- think we chose correctly!
I seem to remember a disciplinary issue with brown- but could be wrong there.
Eden or grix? Right now grix- but once eden has improved and learnt we will have him back under our agreement Wink

I believe Anderson made the right choice re the FBs.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden & Alex Brown   Greg Eden & Alex Brown EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:13 pm

Eden only comes back if he wants to, I believe. (could be wrong)
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden & Alex Brown   Greg Eden & Alex Brown EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Why wouldn't he rather play for us!
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden & Alex Brown   Greg Eden & Alex Brown EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:26 am

Jools wrote:
Why wouldn't he rather play for us!

Because HKR have a much smaller stadium than us with inferior facilities! I say that in all seriousness, HKR fans and many in the RL world perceive them as a bigger club than us. I would suggest that the facts show things differently:

• Their crowds are similar to ours.
    Their squad is not as good as ours - they have several of our discarded players (Eden, Brown, Dodgey, Horne, Walker, Carlisle and Fergy was on loan)
    They have finished below us for the last goodness knows how many years.
    Neither club have won a major trophy for a long time, but historically we have won more.
    Rufus Robin is not nearly as good as Big G

Despite all of the above they get plaudits for great support and being real fans and we are continually criticised for having no fans. Cram the same number of fans into a small outdated ground and of course the atmosphere is more hostile, those with no vision think that is better and perhaps it is in the very short term.

Personally I think our model is better, not sure what KD's 5 year strategy is, but I trust him. I think we are going one way and HKR another. I believe we are already a bigger club and that gap will grow.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden & Alex Brown   Greg Eden & Alex Brown EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:56 pm

see sky sports video both in this weeks SL dream team Clarky bigging up Eden
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden & Alex Brown   Greg Eden & Alex Brown EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:29 am

Anyone watch HKR vs Cas.

Eden gifted all 3 Cas tries. His catching and passing skills were apalling.

The commentators all made the point that the role of the full back is first and foremost to catch and return the ball and organise the defence.

At the minute Eden can do neither. It was the right decision to let him go IMHO.

I wonder whether he would make a better half back ala McGuire than full back.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden & Alex Brown   Greg Eden & Alex Brown EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:58 am

I received a text from my mate at the Giants last night during the game saying 'Now do you see why we let him go?'
For every good play he does, he makes a booboo. Grix may have his doubters but he's more reliable at the back than Eden.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden & Alex Brown   Greg Eden & Alex Brown Empty

Back to top Go down

Greg Eden & Alex Brown
Page 1 of 1