Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greg Eden

Go down 
+2
BO JANGLES
FLYINGPROP
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Greg Eden Empty
PostSubject: Greg Eden   Greg Eden EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:14 am

Rumours flying round that he is signing/signed for Hull KR, if so then its an absolute joke.

He has the potential to be one of the best players in England and we havent really managed him that well.

I said last season on the dark side that we don't really give the young un's the chance and i was shouted down after listing the likes of McNally, Wood, Griffin,Carlisle and a few others, since then we have got rid of Walker, Molloy and Sarsfield who were all supposed to be the next big thing (2 signed from Wigan's great academy) and will all probably go onto have good careers, now it looks like Eden could be on his way.

This side of the Giants is very dissapointing and i stand by what i said last season, in our first team we have Jerry, Leroy, Eorl and Bruno (if he gets in) that have come thru the juniors, now compare this to the likes of Leeds, Wigan, Saints and even Cas and we are well behind.

We also had Luke George as a junior but he wasn't good enough so we got rid then bought him back when we realised given gametime and confidence he was good enough!!!

This may be the case with Eden but doubt would get him back when he turns into the very very class act that he will do given.... you guessed it gametime aand confidence.

Sir Ken will not be around forever and in order to survive and compete we MUST start producing our own talent and MORE importantly playing them in the first team.

Still not renewed my season ticket and rumours like this doesnt make me feel like i want to rush out and do it.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Greg Eden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden   Greg Eden EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Not looking too good FP, One thing though it has made my mind up once and for all about season tickets, If this turns out to be true then some one at the Giants wants their bumps feeling, mind you i don't know why anyone would be surprised, we have a long history of this sort of thing, trouble is we never learn, we never learned from Hemmingway we never learned from George or White ,we never learned from Drew, De Vere or Hogson, in fact we just never learn period.
It's almost beginning to look as though Anderson is trying to emulate the Bradford side that he played for,With a huge pack, If he is, someone needs to tell him that the game has moved on, and while Bradford did have a big powerful pack ( which is fine )they also had a very good backline to go with it, Huddersfields backline is not so good they can afford to offload talent like Eden, It's always possible the Giants set up is not good enough to recognise young talent and maybe that's why from time to time they sign a big name to intersperse with a great deal of above and average talent, Trouble with that is for one reason or another they let the big talent go and we have all seen what the rest are capable of in the last few seasons, I think nearly men ( as they have been called ) is a fair description.
You just get the feeling they have already settled for Grix who behind a strong pack will do OK whether at full or halfback, you have to ask yourself where would he get into the sides of Leeds,Wigan, Saints ,Wolves . To me It's a no Brainer out of Eden ,Murphy and Grix, there is only really one to be going and it's not Eden, He has never even been given a chance yet, to get rid of him before you know whether he can make it is madness, still we can always get him back in a year or two, Is it time to let Blackmoor go yet as well.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Greg Eden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden   Greg Eden EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Agree 100% Bo we just never learn. If the rumours are true and Eden goes then keep an eye on the lad cos he has the potential to be as good as Tomkins, what puzzles me is why do we sign them in the first place? Might as well develop our own, sell em on the pay big bucks for an Aussie journeyman who spends most of his time on the treatment table.

The Giants have got it very very wrong at the moment and hope the rumours are rubbish and Greg will be our fullback coming season, doesn't look good though and even said on radio this morning Hull KR were gonna announce his signing.

Think they being a bit premature unless they offering big bucks cos he only just signed new contract.

Madness if true
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Greg Eden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden   Greg Eden EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Madness is my thinking on this. Eden is such an attacking asset to any super league club. Yes he makes mistakes, maybe full back is not his best position. I think he could make a great centre or given the chance a stand off. We gave him a new long contract and now we are letting him go, madness.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Greg Eden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden   Greg Eden EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:10 am

Like wot I said b 4

Huddersfield Lemmings !!
But I didnt win ! Wonder why not???? Wink
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Greg Eden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden   Greg Eden EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:41 pm

I must confess I am equally baffled by this one, great players the ones that make a difference, do things that change tight matches also make mistakes. I believe one of Greg's problems is that he is sometimes one step ahead in his thinking, as he learns to control that he will make less mistakes.

even at this stage of his carrer it speaks volumes that the vast majority of fans think this is a crazy move shows that despite the mistakes Greg is in credit. What really emphasises that point is that HKR fans are excited about the signing and fans of other clubs think we are astonished that we may let him go.

Nathan Brown made a mistake with the Billy Slater comments, that was unfair on a young player, but Nathan was right about one thing, greg has huge potential.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Greg Eden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden   Greg Eden EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Well it looks as though the blunder is complete, I am truly amazed at Anderson, When the Forwards were doing their thing OK early season, Eden looked the star of the side, In attack he looked a class act and in defence he made the odd mistake, Just like B Hodgson in fact, but then we got rid of him as well, Problem this time is it seems to be Anderson's choice, To be honest i don't really like the noises he's making about our style of play, Fair enough he hasn't said too much yet but if he doesn't see any place for attacking players like Eden you have to think it's going to be a lot more about stopping try's than scoring them
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Greg Eden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden   Greg Eden EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:10 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Well it looks as though the blunder is complete, I am truly amazed at Anderson, When the Forwards were doing their thing OK early season, Eden looked the star of the side, In attack he looked a class act and in defence he made the odd mistake, Just like B Hodgson in fact, but then we got rid of him as well, Problem this time is it seems to be Anderson's choice, To be honest i don't really like the noises he's making about our style of play, Fair enough he hasn't said too much yet but if he doesn't see any place for attacking players like Eden you have to think it's going to be a lot more about stopping try's than scoring them
I agree, running off a dominant pack would have been great for Eden. It would appear we are going for power (which I like), but a bit safety first which I am concerned about. Look at Wire and Wigan, they play with big powerful players, but also have loads of different style attacking players on the park. Eden added that something a bit different to Robbo, Grix, Brough etc...
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Greg Eden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden   Greg Eden EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Absolutely right Matt, you need a bit of spontaneous flair, Like you i am happy with the recruitment in the pack after last season, but there are one or two players still with us that are of far less value than Eden, To me it's yet another blunder but i suppose at the end of the day people will either turn up or they wont, we shall see how the team goes in the fullness of time.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Greg Eden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden   Greg Eden EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:04 am

I agree with Bo's assessment that we have a number of players who offer less than Greg Eden, I suspect the problem is that we are stuck with them as nobody wants them at the level we are paying them. This would mean that to create cap room we have to move on someone we would otherwise keep.

I am very surprised by this bearing in mind Paul Anderson's appointment was supposed to create continuity, yet now he dapparantly doesn't want a player whose Contract was extended only a few months ago - that just doesn't sound plausible to me.

Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Greg Eden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden   Greg Eden EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:37 pm

As we knew all season that PA was taking over he must have been consulted over contract extensions like Greg Eden's, so this was a surprise to me.
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Greg Eden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden   Greg Eden EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 3:49 pm

I am sure at the time the new contract was extended the examiner quoted thewlis who said both brown and Anderson had been consulted and agreed he should be signed on a long term contract. I think there was specific reference to Anderson and next season. How things change!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greg Eden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Eden   Greg Eden Empty

Back to top Go down

Greg Eden
Page 1 of 1