Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Signings for next year?

Go down 
+8
defleppard
Giant-Dragon
Old School
BO JANGLES
penninegiant
ponner
matt01
FLYINGPROP
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Signings for next year? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:38 pm

Sorry Bo, meant out of the 4 GiantDee mentioned in Brough, Robbo, Eorl and Cudjoe.

Would deffo like to keep Patrick and Eden too, some of the others aren't doing enough to be honest.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:23 pm

I think all we are missing is a bit more muscle up front and confidence. My priority would be a big nasty prop forward.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Agree 100% Matt, mind you the nasty ones we have, have been held on too tight a leash for my liking.

We need a world class standoff, a game changer/winner like Briers has done at Wire and Finch at Wigan.

We need more grunt up front, big, nasty, aggressive forwards who will not take a backwards step no matter what.

Hopefully Anderson has a bit more about him than Brown has had.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:46 am

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Agree 100% Matt, mind you the nasty ones we have, have been held on too tight a leash for my liking.

We need a world class standoff, a game changer/winner like Briers has done at Wire and Finch at Wigan.

We need more grunt up front, big, nasty, aggressive forwards who will not take a backwards step no matter what.

Hopefully Anderson has a bit more about him than Brown has had.

All of that Smile
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Just reading in paper today that the Codheads have made Brough their no1 priority for next season, I know he is tied up long term but it also says if they make us an offer we can't refuse we would then look to replace him with Chase.

Nooooooooooo!!! It is like replacing a racehorse with a pitpony, no disrespect to Chase but he is nowhere near the standard of Brough.

Brough is a match winner and someone we should be looking to build the team around, a leader and captain now he has sorted himself out.

The money from the Brown sale should be going towards bringing in a world class standoff to compliment Brough not replace him!!!

Not sure if any truth in the rumour but if the club do business then it's a bad sign IMO

To do list:-

Win the Challenge Cup, make Broughy captain for next season and tell Hull to bugger off. Sign a big nasty prop and let our nutters off the lead and sign a World Class Standoff.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 12:57 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Just reading in paper today that the Codheads have made Brough their no1 priority for next season, I know he is tied up long term but it also says if they make us an offer we can't refuse we would then look to replace him with Chase.

Nooooooooooo!!! It is like replacing a racehorse with a pitpony, no disrespect to Chase but he is nowhere near the standard of Brough.

Brough is a match winner and someone we should be looking to build the team around, a leader and captain now he has sorted himself out.

The money from the Brown sale should be going towards bringing in a world class standoff to compliment Brough not replace him!!!

Not sure if any truth in the rumour but if the club do business then it's a bad sign IMO

To do list:-

Win the Challenge Cup, make Broughy captain for next season and tell Hull to bugger off. Sign a big nasty prop and let our nutters off the lead and sign a World Class Standoff.

If they were to release Brough, that would be the last straw for me and many others.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:36 am

Rumours i've heard in the last week:
Crabtree to Cas
Tickle to Giants
Eastmond to Giants
Robinson to Salford
Brough to Wigan
Brough to Hull FC
Chase to Giants

Doubt any are true though
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Tickle to Giants is gaining pace, why oh why would we want him though? Save the cash for world class s/o and big nasty angry prop forward.

Heard Doof off at season end too? Hope not now we finally got him out on the park.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:36 pm

All wrong them Mark but some of them are moving, oh and Tickle is off to Saints. Smile
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 pm

I really hope we are not losing Crabtree, Robinson and Brough.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Hope Baloo can identify that we are desperately lacking in one of the most important positions on the field. Standoff is a must IMO.

Rumours a plenty from Chase, Sammut and Gale. Whoever it is needs to be bloody good though!!
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Some players have already been signed Smile
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:04 pm

As long as we keeping Broughy and the signings are the class required, I will be very happy.

Heard Ferres on a 5 year deal which not sure about but heyho
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:12 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
As long as we keeping Broughy and the signings are the class required, I will be very happy.

Heard Ferres on a 5 year deal which not sure about but heyho

FFS!! Evil or Very Mad
Totally p-----d off with these silly long term contracts for average squad players --but not decent ones for the De Veres Drews and Hodgsons of this world

Even in their "twilight" years THEY could TURN a game on its head !!

But Hey Ho what the flip do we know ???

Like Bo my patience is becoming as stretched as Jayne Mansfields brazier!!

To link with another thread ---think we could be sweating a little !

We`re trying IMO to reduce the wage bill
I also think this is because the "management" took a gamble
Reduced/ froze season ticket prices to sell more and get average attendance numbers creeping towards the 10,000 mark for franchise purposes !
Hasnt worked IMO !
Only the faithful have benefitted I believe

Now KD is hinting theyll return to more realistic prices --------but the state of some fans finances WON`T So -- reduced take up at higher prices and revenue might not be affected too much --but attendance figures may be (WILL BE IMO)

So oops --then where??????????????????????????????????

Im with FP and Bo and that Crackpot

SILVERWARE IS MORE A PRIORITY THAN ITS EVER BEEN --and frankly since the 2 Browns saga and the May results since Catalan trip --I think its a knife edge pipe dream
Sorry fellow fans --not pessimistic --realistic but praying for a miracle!! pray

Il take the criticism if it happens !! Mad
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:27 am

Wouldn't criticise you one iota PG, you, Bo and a few others been watching Huddersfield much longer and have had to suffer much more heartache than I have. Agree 100% with everything you say, we need silverware and we need it fast, but if KD calls it a day even that may not save us.

The Bulls may be going to the wall but least they have had quite a few successful years recently, god forbid but if the same thing happened to us I don't fancy telling my grand kids how we lost 2 challenge cup finals and got to within 80 minutes of a GF.

So to all you players, get yourself down to the George Hotel, go downstairs and have a look at some C&G hero's who worked all day before training. Worked 5-6 days before playing on the Sunday. Look at the delight in their faces when they have the 4 cups in 1 season.

No mid season blips in them days cos someone tweeted something they didn't like. You have to be something special to wear the C&G, let's prove we are made of the right stuff to be pulling the famous jersey on and lets get back to kicking some arse
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:24 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Wouldn't criticise you one iota PG, you, Bo and a few others been watching Huddersfield much longer and have had to suffer much more heartache than I have. Agree 100% with everything you say, we need silverware and we need it fast, but if KD calls it a day even that may not save us.

The Bulls may be going to the wall but least they have had quite a few successful years recently, god forbid but if the same thing happened to us I don't fancy telling my grand kids how we lost 2 challenge cup finals and got to within 80 minutes of a GF.

So to all you players, get yourself down to the George Hotel, go downstairs and have a look at some C&G hero's who worked all day before training. Worked 5-6 days before playing on the Sunday. Look at the delight in their faces when they have the 4 cups in 1 season.

No mid season blips in them days cos someone tweeted something they didn't like. You have to be something special to wear the C&G, let's prove we are made of the right stuff to be pulling the famous jersey on and lets get back to kicking some arse

Top Post mate, as is the one before it.
I remember a book i had at one time called When push comes to shove, There was a photo of the Hudderfield dressing room after a game ( at Fartown ) i don't remember the team ,except that Phil Huck was the hooker. The Photo was entitled " Nothing left to give " and it was perfectly named, the whole team looked shattered.
Someone i'm sure will still have that picture, If i was K Davy i would try to get hold of one and pin it up in the dressing room, Just show some of these lads who do 25 minutes in a game half a dozen times a year, what commitment really means.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:13 pm

Not sure it would serve any purpose Bo !

We would probably hear the old platitudes of "C`mon --its a faster game nowadays ! The games changed"

It has in MANY WAYS -sadly some arent an improvement IMO!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:40 pm

penninegiant wrote:
Not sure it would serve any purpose Bo !

We would probably hear the old platitudes of "C`mon --its a faster game nowadays ! The games changed"

It has in MANY WAYS -sadly some arent an improvement IMO!!! Evil or Very Mad

It's a faster game without any doubt PG, at least for them actually on the field it is, But there is no man born who will convince me that today's squad has half the commitment that some of the past teams have had, One of the problems is they have a decent game, Read the Examiner and get the idea they are Superstars. I don't need N Brown telling me or Greg Eden he is a super star, Iv'e watched the Game before NB was born, I know talent when i see it, Having talent is one thing Realizing that Talent, like Tiger Woods Casius Clay or Alex Murphy if you like and doing it week in week out , That is class.

I don't even read the Crap in the Examiner anymore mate, Iv'e heard it a thousand times, I'm 74 years old ,the Grandson is 9 , we both don't want to keep turning out to watch Nearly men, They are in the last chance saloon for me.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Some cracking stuff on here and absolutely spot on 100%.

Second best should never ever be good enough. Folks keep telling me how much we have improved and how well Brown has done, have a look at the likes of the rugby league yearbook, doesn't really spend much time talking about teams who have improved and done well.

Trophys don't have the names of teams who got within 80 minutes of a final, don't even have the losers name on cos to be frank who cares who lost?

Game is faster as stated but it's faster for every club and players do nothing but train and play, some only 40 minutes each week. Time to realise the sleeping Giants need to wake up and sharpish.

Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:25 am

FLYINGPROP wrote:

Second best should never ever be good enough. Folks keep telling me how much we have improved and how well Brown has done, have a look at the likes of the rugby league yearbook, doesn't really spend much time talking about teams who have improved and done well.

Trophys don't have the names of teams who got within 80 minutes of a final, don't even have the losers name on cos to be frank who cares who lost?

Thats it in a nutshell, we have a very good squad and are much better than a few years ago but lack a winning mentality. Look at the difference in Wire when Tony Smith took over, no great change of players but a transformation in attitude.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Rumours around we signed Ta'ai from the New Zealand Warriors:-

Old article from may but still an interesting read about the fella:-

Link
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:54 am

Unless LOD or Fa'alogo are leaving we need front rowers not back rowers
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Doof is off as far as I am aware and looking at the size of this fella and apparently he is aggressive so would be coming in as a prop IMO
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 10:12 am

matt01 wrote:
Unless LOD or Fa'alogo are leaving we need front rowers not back rowers

And yet we have signed Ferres , Is he any better than Kirmond ? PA must think so. This last couple of years we have looked like a club who believe if they sign enough players they will eventually get where they want to be, It hasn't worked yet . I would love to know who is the main influence in the signing of players, we don't know what is in the pipeline of course, but surely some one has Props on their mind, either way there will be no season ticket for me till i know the squad for next season.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Ta'ai would be good. Faioso at Newcasle has been good for 2 seasons. I'd buy a 6 from Australia who can organise the team. That is essential for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Signings for next year?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next